Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Matfink wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:11 pm I really can NOT get Avenger to see the factory lib whatever I do!
It appears to install fine when I point it at the content file (orange bar goes across) but then no presets are visible and every time I start up it says 'Missing Factory Library'!
Have tried: plugin uninstall/reinstall, reboot, download data separately, download via VMgr, drag/drop the data file, choose the data file via the 'Select content file', set the path via the <!> button, use regedit to check avenger paths are good... running out of ideas?! It all appears to install ok, there's 4.8GB in my target data folder, but the presets just aint there!

I did have the demo installed previously (in a different location) and remember having fun getting the presets working there too :(

PS: Good news there msvs re: cm!
I am no support (you should definately contact support)
only idea I have is maybe that the path is set wrong. I would do a total new installation with using V-MAN to install the factory library

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:06 pm yes, but then you need a very powerful CPU

ps, I am a keyboard player and work at buffersize 512 and must say, I still can play very well with that latency

I have a high end system, ryzen 3900 with 12 cores and 32gb ram with rtx 2800 on 4 gen pci-express ssd.
My notebook is intel based and shows the same behaviour on preset switch by vst3.

so with codemeter gone should we remove everything and reinstall? as i remember when they implemented codemeter we had to install all new libs/exp
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:24 pm so with codemeter gone should we remove everything and reinstall? as i remember when they implemented codemeter we had to install all new libs/exp
msvs wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:44 pm
its really very easy: Just download the 1.8 update and run it. (just be sure to really overwrite your old Avenger file, so you can be sure, that if you start your DAW, the new 1.8 is being loaded, and not a duplicated old Avenger... or you have an old version VST2 dll and a new VST3 etc...).

Then, before starting the DAW you may activate it, to do that just download V-MAN and run it, login with your account and then just click on the activate keyfile button in the upper right cordner.
Thats it
you dont need to reinstall any expansion etc...
바보

So great to have Avenger back! Thanks, Manuel and Rene! :tu:

thnx
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

On the subject of the VMan I still get a warning from Bitdefender. I know the file has been submitted for whitelisting.

BD 112721-1.png
----------

Just as a heads up the VMan.exe does score a 12/65 at Virus Total.

VMan 112721-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

msvs wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 1:06 pm yes, but then you need a very powerful CPU

ps, I am a keyboard player and work at buffersize 512 and must say, I still can play very well with that latency
... unless you try to play a 16th note DAF/nitzer ebb bassline in realtime... :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:43 pm On the subject of the VMan I still get a warning from Bitdefender. I know the file has been submitted for whitelisting.

Just as a heads up the VMan.exe does score a 12/65 at Virus Total.
I've downloaded V-Man and installed it without any notification about it besides Windows Defender complaining - which is standard for new, not popular enough (for defender) software .
Following is my file scan results, which is clean. It is indeed detected now, when I try to download it again. They must've changed it afterwards and broke it somehow.

VirusTotal scan of V-Manager.exe

I just downloaded again and got this:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bed ... f5ac7f2f7a

Notice the difference in the Hash numbers between yours and mine and notice mine has a (1) so maybe it's a cache issue with VT. I cleared my VT cache here. Maybe it's still scanning the file I first uploaded.

Maybe someone else can download the VMan.exe now and run the test to see what comes up.

The Vman.exe itself scans clean here with Bit defender Total Security. BD Trafficlight no longer complains about the url so either something changed with the file or BD has whitelisted it.

I'm not making any accusations I'm simply pointing out what happens here. I'm just letting the developers know so they can look into it.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I downloaded the offline key file and no probs. Just for info.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Teksonik wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:14 pm I just downloaded again and got this:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/bed ... f5ac7f2f7a

Notice the difference in the Hash numbers between yours and mine and notice mine has a (1) so maybe it's a cache issue with VT. I cleared my VT cache here. Maybe it's still scanning the file I first uploaded.

Maybe someone else can download the VMan.exe now and run the test to see what comes up.

The Vman.exe itself scans clean here with Bit defender Total Security. BD Trafficlight no longer complains about the url so either something changed with the file or BD has whitelisted it.

I'm not making any accusations I'm simply pointing out what happens here. I'm just letting the developers know so they can look into it.
That (1) means you have had the same file in your directory and newer file was renamed by adding that suffix. To be precise, I'm also seeing warning messages from Bitdefender when I'm trying to download V-Manager again.
I don't think you're making any accusations, it's good to know what you've reported both to dev and here. I haven't seen, until now, any newly released plugin software being reported as malware.
I'm not up to date with detection mechanisms but it may have been some characteristics of the file making it suspicious for those engines showing up on VirusTotal. Weirdly, previous version isn't detected, even now - that one I've downloaded. Something has changed after that release of V-Manager, I'm pretty sure it was in response to clients request(s) related to some crashes - I believe someone was mentioning it somewhere here in the topic.

@msvs

I haven't played much with Avenger since it hit v1.5 but was wondering if you could consider for some future version the ability to modulate the Shaper EQ (when in EQ mode only) frequency so that it properly key tracks when assigning key tracking as the modulator. I know it's going from an arbitrary 40Hz to 16000Hz but perhaps you could do it behind the scenes so that if you specifically add a Key Tracking source to the Frequency knob, it'd be intelligent enough to properly key track it accurately.

This would be extremely useful for targeting specific frequencies polyphonically. These are the only polyphonic EQ bands available as far as I know.

Alternatively you could just add a simple EQ bell node to the filter section.. that'd be equally useful.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

TTU Bank incoming :)
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

DanielPL wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:02 pm That (1) means you have had the same file in your directory and newer file was renamed by adding that suffix.
Yes of course I understand what the (1) means in general but that's not what is happening in this case. I only have one VMan.exe file in my download folder at one time and it is not named (1). That's the first thing I checked. Virus Total is adding the (1) for some reason.
DanielPL wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:02 pmTo be precise, I'm also seeing warning messages from Bitdefender when I'm trying to download V-Manager again.
I don't think you're making any accusations, it's good to know what you've reported both to dev and here. I haven't seen, until now, any newly released plugin software being reported as malware.
I'm not up to date with detection mechanisms but it may have been some characteristics of the file making it suspicious for those engines showing up on VirusTotal. Weirdly, previous version isn't detected, even now - that one I've downloaded. Something has changed after that release of V-Manager, I'm pretty sure it was in response to clients request(s) related to some crashes - I believe someone was mentioning it somewhere here in the topic.
I'm getting blocked by Bitdefender again this morning so I'm not sure what's going on. For the record I haven't actually had to run the VMan since I don't have any expansions yet other than my own and I was able to install everything without the help of the V Manager.

The .exe I downloaded yesterday did trigger the 12/65 score at VT but again the hash is different than the one in your previous screenshot. The fact that 8 of the 12 are all seeing Gen:Variant Fugrafa.206566 is somewhat concerning. Usually when there are multiple false positives the reported detections are all over the place.

So could someone else who is running something other than Bitdefender or Windows Defender please attempt to download VMan.exe and run it through VirusTotal?

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload

The more information we can gather the more it will help the developer figure out what's going on. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”