Questions for Nexus 3 owners

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I already regret that i bought Nexus3 in the past. I hate how greedy this dev reFX is.. ..for what is 0.x update they want you to pay 99€.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

I agree. $99 seems like way to much for an upgrade that should have been free for Nexus 3 users. I having a difficult time seing what upgraded functionality in N4 should be worth $99. $39 maybe, but not $99.

A few questions for those who have upgraded from N3 to N4.

Is it possible to test N4 first before buying, when you already have N3 installed?

Have you found anything that is missing/removed in N4 compared to N3 with regards to functionality and/or presets. I remember a big debacle that some of the presets were actually removed (without warning) when you upgraded from N2 to N3.

On the other hand. Have you found any functionality in N4 worth upgrading for?

antifrost wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:53 pm A few questions for those who have upgraded from N3 to N4.

Is it possible to test N4 first before buying, when you already have N3 installed?
As per my conversation with their support it seems N4 license will replace the N3, so not sure if that would be possible. However, since you have N3 installed, you could give a try.

I personally like version 4, seems smoother and I like the new arp possibilities. Good stuff

DJJD2021 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:12 pm I personally like version 4, seems smoother and I like the new arp possibilities. Good stuff
Did not own Nexus3, but I bought Nexus4 and I (too) think the preset browsing/loading is really fast.

I used Nexus v1 many years ago. recently got Nexus 4 and I am very pleased with the sound content, this thing covers pretty much every territory except Orchestral, Folk, and Acoustic Instruments

Return to “Instruments”