Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

I bought Nexus 3 in January 2021 with 10 exp. pack bundle, now my upgrade price is EUR 99. I feel it is not right but what can I (and others) do besides not buying? I contacted them to be sure, not that I'm stating it without checking.
It looks like they are not willing to listen to anyone, prices are fixed and that's it.

DanielPL wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:36 am ...what can I (and others) do besides not buying?
Just this. Try and sell nexus to some poor schmuck who isn't fed up with his (we all know who) attitude towards customers and use the money to buy avenger instead.

The only reason I still have nexus around is because of legacy projects, but I very rarely use it to add something to a new track. I bought V3 because I was really happy to see development made on a nostalgic bit of software that I've used for 15 years, but it's taking the p!ss now.

m-ac wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:33 pm
DanielPL wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:36 am ...what can I (and others) do besides not buying?
Just this. Try and sell nexus to some poor schmuck who isn't fed up with his (we all know who) attitude towards customers and use the money to buy avenger instead.

The only reason I still have nexus around is because of legacy projects, but I very rarely use it to add something to a new track. I bought V3 because I was really happy to see development made on a nostalgic bit of software that I've used for 15 years, but it's taking the p!ss now.
I did bought Avenger second hand some time ago, I'm very happy with it (I was ok even with CodeMeter:)). Another great thing happened was cheap second hand Dune3 and update it received lately, which didn't cost me a penny. To honor them I'm gonna buy their new Cinematic expansion. Just bought their new Cinematic expansion to honor them :)
Last edited by DanielPL on Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tony10000 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am I think feature upgrades should be free or very low-priced. A feature upgrade that costs 40% of the price of an app that I purchased around a year ago is not cool! After all, Nexus makes the bulk of its $$$ from selling sound packs. Personally, I have more invested in packs than in the app itself. This kind of thing makes me less inclined to want to invest more into the Nexus platform. The developers should take note.
That’s what soundpaint did

Ploki wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:42 pm
tony10000 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:29 am I think feature upgrades should be free or very low-priced. A feature upgrade that costs 40% of the price of an app that I purchased around a year ago is not cool! After all, Nexus makes the bulk of its $$$ from selling sound packs. Personally, I have more invested in packs than in the app itself. This kind of thing makes me less inclined to want to invest more into the Nexus platform. The developers should take note.
That’s what soundpaint did
Great move on their part. I have already invested in their platform and will continue to...

For anyone wondering, Nexus4 is indeed NKS compatible and all presets are showing up in Komplete Kontrol, which is nice. Guess Nexus3 is NKS too but saw some comments in the past about it not being implemented at launch.

With Nexus 4 just released, do you think reFX will do a Christmas sale this year, or is this not likely? I'd like to buy it but if it's € 50 cheaper in a few days or weeks I'll wait :wink:

kNarf_ wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:10 pm With Nexus 4 just released, do you think reFX will do a Christmas sale this year, or is this not likely? I'd like to buy it but if it's € 50 cheaper in a few days or weeks I'll wait :wink:
Well the expansions are at their discounted rate already and there's a banner saying "Black Friday deals", so I'd expect this to just morph into the usual December sales.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

The support confirmed that this is the only sale this year and it will end on December 31. Nexus4 won't be on sale until next Christmas.

Am I the only one who got to upgrade for 49 euros? Thought it was worth it for 270 new sounds. Still not sure what the difference between Nexus 3 and Nexus 4 is though :lol:

BJ wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:28 am Am I the only one who got to upgrade for 49 euros? Thought it was worth it for 270 new sounds. Still not sure what the difference between Nexus 3 and Nexus 4 is though :lol:
I would say go for it if you can before the price goes up. :lol:

BJ wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:28 am Am I the only one who got to upgrade for 49 euros? Thought it was worth it for 270 new sounds. Still not sure what the difference between Nexus 3 and Nexus 4 is though :lol:
I'm not sure it is stated anywhere publicly but after I asked support I've got this:
If the customer purchased Nexus 3 between May and August 2021 then they can upgrade to Nexus 4 for 49 EUR.
Most probably only few bought it at that time :hihi: - just sayin'.

DanielPL wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 am
I'm not sure it is stated anywhere publicly but after I asked support I've got this:
If the customer purchased Nexus 3 between May and August 2021 then they can upgrade to Nexus 4 for 49 EUR.
Most probably only few bought it at that time :hihi: - just sayin'.
May is fine, but August? Why not until the point Nexus4 was released? As strange as it gets.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 amMay is fine, but August? Why not until the point Nexus4 was released? As strange as it gets.
I presumed it was a free update after then?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:58 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 amMay is fine, but August? Why not until the point Nexus4 was released? As strange as it gets.
I presumed it was a free update after then?
Yes, it should have been, but I think no one has posted so far that they got a free (grace period) update. I am only seeing $49/$99.

I just got lucky because I was looking to buy Nexus3 in the week they announce Nexus4 and I also did not get any good second hand offer on Nexus3.

As you mentioned earlier, the factory content and free expansions have a decent amount of usable content. I added 8 (paid) expansions to Nexus4, all of which although older looked much better for my type of music than going for the expensive or latest ones. The total preset count is over 5000 now. Hopefully it will cover all the basis for me, especially when I add Omnisphere 2 to the mix. On that note, even the MeldaProduction MSoundFactoryLE has some fantastic sounds. It is still on sale and can be add for as low as €30. Well worth it. Although I wish it could use MDrummer packs as well, but unfortunately it doesn't. There are still more than 3000 sounds/presets, which is more than sufficient.

Return to “Instruments”