2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 am Pekbro, C'mon man!! I don't know this company either. Checking them out now.

Just ordered this limited edition version of MOOD on sale too. :D I've got one already, so I'll have to decide which one I'd like to keep. I love black-outs, so I'm sure I'm selling off the OG, but we'll see.

Wow! I want one of those too, where you get it? :lol:

*doh, nvm found it! Dang, I did get the newsletter a couple hours ago, all that stuff sold out
super fast. :cry:

Just added the Delay Llama Xtreme. I think that should do it for my sales shopping.

I watched a ton of videos and tried my best not to like it. I think the only pedal I would consider getting instead of it is the Memory Man, but this one has a good sale price and is different enough.

elxsound wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:23 am Just added the Delay Llama Xtreme. I think that should do it for my sales shopping.

I watched a ton of videos and tried my best not to like it. I think the only pedal I would consider getting instead of it is the Memory Man, but this one has a good sale price and is different enough.
Nice, yeah I never really considered it against the memory man, completely different approaches. :tu:

I'm kind of going back and forth between one of a few choices of pre-amps and one of those origin
effects stacked compressors. I'm thinking the pre-amp would be nice, but I hardly 'need' it for the
moment. The sustain from that compressor is something I am quite keen on, but I can only find 10%
of that. The slide-rig version is on sale, but I definitely would rather have the stacked version.
There are some other nice compressors as well that I haven't really checked out yet. :lol:

Pondering an Error Instruments Cloudbusting but so far not spent a penny for BF.

I caved in on another order and this one I feel dirty for, but Instagram had an additional 20% off on first purchases made through their online store. At least I was able to use PayPal to complete the payment info, but still makes me feel dirty for buying through Instagram.

Anyway...

I bought the Rattler from Jam Pedals (a company I didn't know much about until Pekbro's post). I was also looking at the Ripply Falls pedal, but I couldn't justify it because I still love my Chase Bliss Warped Vinyl and Keeley's Dark Side. Ripply doesn't add much over those, except that it's enclosed in one pedal that looks vibrant as f**k (and I still want it).

The Rattler doesn't add much to the Rat clone pedal discussion other than it behaves differently with dynamic responsiveness. I almost bought JHS's Ratpack, but I hate the rat logo on the pedal. Maybe it's an NYC thing, but I'm not a fan of the graphic in the worst way. I do still have my brother's ProCo Rat, so getting the Rattler seemed to make more sense.

But, damn, that Ripply Falls looks nice.

I would have bought the Harmonious Monk pedal if it had been in stock. It's a bit pricey for what it is, so 20% + 20% would have been a good deal.

I’m really GAS’ing for a Sequential OB-6 lately. I already have so many hardware analogs, though - Prophet Rev2, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Minilogue XD, Microbrute 2S. I’d need to part with a couple of the monos to have desk space and inputs… :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:50 am I’m really GAS’ing for a Sequential OB-6 lately. I already have so many hardware analogs, though - Prophet Rev2, Sub37, Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Minilogue XD, Microbrute 2S. I’d need to part with a couple of the monos to have desk space and inputs… :help:
Love it, doesnt cover much territory but what it does cover is excellent. Been on everything since I bought it. :tu:

Decided to put off any m1 mac purchases for another year and ordered a Ryzen x5900 to replace my x2700, should give me a bit more headroom on demanding plugins and apps like VCV Rack.

Not looking forward to the mild panic when dealing with tiny pins and cooler gunk, but damn it Jim I haven’t lost a patient yet.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:27 am Decided to put off any m1 mac purchases for another year and ordered a Ryzen x5900 to replace my x2700, should give me a bit more headroom on demanding plugins and apps like VCV Rack.

Not looking forward to the mild panic when dealing with tiny pins and cooler gunk, but damn it Jim I haven’t lost a patient yet.
I just bought a ryzen 5 laptop, so fast, doesnt quite deal with audio as well as my intel but I think you can upgrade the Ram to 3600 mhz and it helps…or so my drunken Saturday night googling suggested

:lol: Black Friday continues unabated apparently...

Polarbear Effects Drowner...

https://youtu.be/qYzRnffc02U

pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:40 am :lol: Black Friday continues unabated apparently...

That’s a nice lush reverb

lnikj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm Pondering an Error Instruments Cloudbusting but so far not spent a penny for BF.
Wow, I'd forgotten all about this one until very recently. When it came out (as a desktop unit) I thought it might be cool to mod some of these:
landscape-allflesh-10pc-complete.jpg
by replacing the jack bit, with small 'springs', that would slip onto the 'stem' on the unit, that normally requires alligator clips or wire (as shown).

https://youtu.be/LPe8ojrCfWw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

elxsound wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:02 pm
pekbro wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:40 am :lol: Black Friday continues unabated apparently...

That’s a nice lush reverb
The whole package sounded good to me, after the first vid I was like, yes please :lol:
Dark industrial guitar. Also a lo-fi reverb maker. Ill probably get the rattler next BF :tu:

Recently picked up an oscilloscope, and just placed an order for a bunch of perfboard, plugboards and components. I have some synth module ideas stuck in my head... :help:

(The question is whether I will be able to make anything worth putting behind a panel before I blow up all the OTA chips.)

Shabdahbriah wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:41 pm
lnikj wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:09 pm Pondering an Error Instruments Cloudbusting but so far not spent a penny for BF.
Wow, I'd forgotten all about this one until very recently. When it came out (as a desktop unit) I thought it might be cool to mod some of these:

landscape-allflesh-10pc-complete.jpg

by replacing the jack bit, with small 'springs', that would slip onto the 'stem' on the unit, that normally requires alligator clips or wire (as shown).

https://youtu.be/LPe8ojrCfWw
Not a bad idea! Missed the deal this time. There will be another :D

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”