Renoise Tool Spotlight - Simple Piano Roll

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KVR...erm.. ers?

I made a video that goes over in some depth the Simple Piano Roll tool which gives Renoise the ability to have its own piano roll.

Intent of the video is to simply share it with others.

The amount of thought and effort put into this renoise tool is incredible, and it's very welcome to me personally as a way to supplement my tracking in Renoise.

Anyway, here's the vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpDv_uC_8mc

Thanks for watching
~ grymmy

Nice, did not know about this. Will definitely give it a try next time I use Renoise.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

This is amazing looks like FL studio piano roll

Does it work with demo ? I want to try it

matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:59 pm This is amazing looks like FL studio piano roll
It's inspired by the FL Studio piano roll. :tu:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

send it to the Bitwig devs :hihi:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

mladi wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:11 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:59 pm This is amazing looks like FL studio piano roll
It's inspired by the FL Studio piano roll. :tu:
And that's the best piano roll out there
Good choice even though I hate FL studio
There piano roll is the best

Does it work with demo Does anyone know cheers

matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm Does it work with demo Does anyone know cheers
the demo of Renoise? probably. you just download the tool. open renoise then drag and drop the file anywhere onto renoise to install.

dayjob wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:50 pm
matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:41 pm Does it work with demo Does anyone know cheers
the demo of Renoise? probably. you just download the tool. open renoise then drag and drop the file anywhere onto renoise to install.
Thanks man I'll try it later

wish that was out when i owned it i really think they should implement this properly and audio recording properly and people would take it seriously , tbh its good to have a program with a mix way of working with things

matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:58 pm wish that was out when i owned it i really think they should implement this properly and audio recording properly and people would take it seriously , tbh its good to have a program with a mix way of working with things
Yeah, they should get rid of the tracker-based workflow, slap in the piano roll, allow audio recording and then people would take it seriously, since it would become like every other DAW out there... :?

Pretty awesome. I've been using Renoise since the very beginning (going on 19 years) and never once felt like it needed a piano roll, but it's seriously amazing what people develop with the tools!

Can you record in it with a Midi Keyboard?

crickey13 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:54 am
matrixo9 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:58 pm wish that was out when i owned it i really think they should implement this properly and audio recording properly and people would take it seriously , tbh its good to have a program with a mix way of working with things
Yeah, they should get rid of the tracker-based workflow, slap in the piano roll, allow audio recording and then people would take it seriously, since it would become like every other DAW out there... :?
Din't know if you're being sarcastic or just light headed
Renoise has been serious from the early beginning , and it only gets better and better .
The absence of a piano roll hasn't stopped anyone from releasing countless of records with renoise.
The power of a tracker are it's effect commands , a piano roll ( included this lua based one ) does not provide that .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”