A 3 OS ready list (Apple/Linux/Windows)

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 am Maybe suggest it after it's actually been written and introduced for all three OS. As it is now, no, not something to put on this list.
What are you talking about? It's available for all 3 OS right now. I was talking only about the "install directly to a flash drive" feature only being available on Windows at the moment. Your desire to "carry the installers around on a flash drive" is already possible right now.

https://github.com/stargateaudio/stargate/releases

stargate wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:36 pm
BBFG# wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:24 am Maybe suggest it after it's actually been written and introduced for all three OS. As it is now, no, not something to put on this list.
What are you talking about? It's available for all 3 OS right now. I was talking only about the "install directly to a flash drive" feature only being available on Windows at the moment. Your desire to "carry the installers around on a flash drive" is already possible right now.

https://github.com/stargateaudio/stargate/releases
Okay. Sorry for misunderstanding.

Everything Loomer .

String already M1 Native, the rest is surely going to follow soon (not that I would care, though). Waiting for an updated Aspect, the only plugin that has not been updated for a while. Own KVR Sub Forum

Just noticed this developer has a Linux Beta added.
Added to the OP list.
Downloaded and giving it a try now myself.
Algonaut Atlas 2 https://algonaut.audio/atlas_2_downloads/

Adding this Virus emu to the list.
https://dsp56300.wordpress.com/downloads/

The OverTone DSP effects are really good and available for all 3 major OSes for a reasonable price in my opinion.

https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk
www.cel10.com

There are better signatures out there.

updated

Hello, I'm new here! This forum is really interesting and informative for beginners like me. Thank you

Just discovered AudioGridder through this thread and I've gotta say, it's an interesting concept. Not something I particularly need at the moment, but I might look into it if I ever have more than 2 computers.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Added Bespoke and Synthesizer V.
There's a third one being discussed somewhere around here that seems to be escaping my memory.
If you're part of those discussions, remind me and let us know.

Added TAL-Drum

List Updated.
However, I left off the Russian Company for now in case it's a sensitive issue for anyone. (Warmplace).

And also SchismTracker. Simply because I was confused by the website of what it actually is.
And while I did include CSound and PureData, I can't say I can easily see what they are specifically either. So I'm requesting a little education about those three?

It might be interesting to see what others have complied from this list that they currently have on their system and opinions of them.

My curent is BitWig 16T and Mixbus for DAWs. Modarrt Pianoteq. All the u-He synths plus Colour Copy Presswerk, Twangstrom. Tracktion Biotek2, F.'em, and MOK Waverazor. AudioDamage Dubstation2 and Other Desert Cities. Argonaut Atlas 2.

What I've been using most has been Bitwig- Modarrt, Zebra 2, Bazille, Biotek2 with Dubstation2 and Presswerk.

BBFG# wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:23 pm List Updated.
However, I left off the Russian Company for now in case it's a sensitive issue for anyone. (Warmplace).

And also SchismTracker. Simply because I was confused by the website of what it actually is.
And while I did include CSound and PureData, I can't say I can easily see what they are specifically either. So I'm requesting a little education about those three?

It might be interesting to see what others have complied from this list that they currently have on their system and opinions of them.

My curent is BitWig 16T and Mixbus for DAWs. Modarrt Pianoteq. All the u-He synths plus Colour Copy Presswerk, Twangstrom. Tracktion Biotek2, F.'em, and MOK Waverazor. AudioDamage Dubstation2 and Other Desert Cities. Argonaut Atlas 2.

What I've been using most has been Bitwig- Modarrt, Zebra 2, Bazille, Biotek2 with Dubstation2 and Presswerk.
I gave you most of those back on page 1, but you probably didn't even look at the URL to the list I sent you.

viewtopic.php?p=8279366#p8279366

Edit: And I'm from the USA and I don't see any problem with listing the Russian developers. They are normal people just like you and I. They have no say or even control over what Putin chooses to do or not do. In fact, the sanctions will almost certainly hurt the Russian people more than "Putin and the Oligarchs" (hey, that's a good name for a punk or ska band!) :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”