Kush BLYSS - Master Channel EQ+Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This one finally pushed me into the Kush sub. So many plugs, so little time…

i tried to like it but it is kinda muddy when you have saturation elsewhere imo. it lathers the output imo but i do like the fixed freqs though. i'll pass on it. i usually mix in my sound and stay clean on the main. cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:15 pm i tried to like it but it is kinda muddy when you have saturation elsewhere imo. it lathers the output imo but i do like the fixed freqs though. i'll pass on it. i usually mix in my sound and stay clean on the main. cheers
yeah true, it can 'stuffy up' the signal if you already have saturation ongoing, I would not put it to stereo-master bus at all - except the compressor is very fine. I would put it to fex. bass group for that sweet bass lift with saturation.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Tried on couple of different songs, worked on some and on others didnt, but thats more because I didnt mix throught it, rather slapped it on end of the mix buss chain of the finished song. And this one is very gain stage sensitive, so, fix that first. Overall, classic high quality Kush plugin as usual!

HcDoom wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:39 pm Tried on couple of different songs, worked on some and on others didnt, but thats more because I didnt mix throught it, rather slapped it on end of the mix buss chain of the finished song. And this one is very gain stage sensitive, so, fix that first. Overall, classic high quality Kush plugin as usual!
True, I use pregain -NdB when needed if its too hot already. Then again this might be just what is needed on some signals. On stereobus I observed it needs to be even lower, peaks not hitting near 0dB at all... aaand then again this also depended on the tunes themselves which I tried.
Still I'd start from a bit too low first.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

I have many Kush plugins, but I end up not using them most of the time (maybe only on drum buss, or other bus tracks), becuase CPU usage is too high for individual tracks. More devs should take note from Softube, whom seem to be able to bring good quality emulation (e.g. Empirical Collection), while retaining low CPU usage.

Return to “Effects”