Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Is there any option to change the measure or is it 4/4 only?

Ctrl-z crashed for me too on Reaper.

EDIT: Many times actually when demoing. I really like the plugin but this crash is a showstopper. All "work" is lost.

It is very easy to reproduce:

-New instance.
-Press play.
-Generate a new loop.
-Generate a new loop (again).
-Ctrl +Z
-Boom!

Windows 10 64bit. Reaper 6.42. Ryzen 5800x. Old nvidia graphic card.

How to report it?

rafa1981 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:41 pm Ctrl-z crashed for me too on Reaper.
How to report it?
https://algonaut.audio/support/

Done and thanks!

Hi all, I recently bought Atlas and I was wondering if there is any kind of best practice when setting up drum maps? Is there any particular way to do it in order to get the best results?

I also own NI Maschine Mk3 and I installed Atlas inside a group and it works beautifully. I get all the benefits of Atlas plus the processing power of Maschine on a per-pad basis. Great stuff! Plus the drag and drop from Atlas into Maschine works perfectly. I can generate multiple patterns in Atlas and simply drag them into Maschine if I want to save them for use with other Maschine sound packs. I must say its all very impressive.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

kev2525 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:52 am was wondering if there is any kind of best practice when setting up drum maps? Is there any particular way to do it in order to get the best results?
The only standard I tend to use is the General MIDI one which is decades old, but why reinvent the wheel?
https://musescore.org/sites/musescore.o ... %20Map.pdf

Edit: Didn't even occur to me he was talking about the 'maps' as in collection (as per reply below). I literally chucked all my samples on my disks into a big map called Everything. But, also created a few maps for smaller collections e.g. I recently added this year's new Samples From Mars samples to my 'All' so by putting just this year's stuff into a folder gave me a decent chance to try it out.
Last edited by WatchTheGuitar on Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

If you mean maps - as in sample collection - it limits what you can get in 'new kit' or sample rotation. So you may want to evolve a favorite over time.

I created a Map for Battery 3 and another for Battery 4 (not sure how much commonality there is but they do have different kits). Then a map for a bunch of one shots from a Chill pack and another for one shots from an Indian pack (tablas etc).

But then I was disappointed to find that I couldn't include any of my EZX kits (proprietary format, not wav). Ditto Maschine expansions, proprietary. Adobe Loopology, proprietary. Linplug RMIV and RMV, proprietary. EmulatorX, proprietary. Jamstix3, proprietary. :(

So its a pain that I can't access more than half my licensed kits through Atlas but I'm happy to have the four I've got plus the bundled maps. Atlas is still definitely worth having. :tu:

Other thing is its a pity there isn't a feature to mix maps into one 'big map', maybe thats something the dev could consider at some point. I like having a separate map for each sample pack but it would also be cool to be able to sometime select combinations of maps into one big map, via a tick box filter or something.

+1 for combing existing maps into a new map.

@rafa1981 I had some crashes on an older version and seemed to have lost my maps. Clicking the refresh icon on the browser should bring then back.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:37 pm
kev2525 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:52 am was wondering if there is any kind of best practice when setting up drum maps? Is there any particular way to do it in order to get the best results?
The only standard I tend to use is the General MIDI one which is decades old, but why reinvent the wheel?
https://musescore.org/sites/musescore.o ... %20Map.pdf

Edit: Didn't even occur to me he was talking about the 'maps' as in collection (as per reply below). I literally chucked all my samples on my disks into a big map called Everything. But, also created a few maps for smaller collections e.g. I recently added this year's new Samples From Mars samples to my 'All' so by putting just this year's stuff into a folder gave me a decent chance to try it out.
Thanks Watchtheguitar (and everyone else who answered). Yes, I was talking about the maps inside Atlas. I wasnt' really sure if there was maybe a performance penalty if you pointed Atlas at all my samples. On the basis of the replies here I made one giant map with everything, and then i'll make a few genre specific maps with other samples.

I must say, it has really made me fall in love with my giant sample collection which I have been sleeping on for years.
My milkshake brings all the girls to the yard

http://soundcloud.com/the-boogee-man

Psyclapse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:44 pm Ditto Maschine expansions, proprietary. :(
Maschine expansions are in .wav format. Each expansion pack installation folder includes a sub-folder called Samples. I went through all of mine and only selected the Drums & One Shot folders and built a map.

I usually also instruct Atlas to only look for drum sounds. I don't need maps full of bleeps and risers

saintjohnbaxter wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm Maschine expansions are in .wav format. Each expansion pack installation folder includes a sub-folder called Samples. I went through all of mine and only selected the Drums & One Shot folders and built a map.
Hmm, ok I'll take another look, I did find one of them had wav files but some of the others didn't and then I gave up. I'll have to do a more careful search, thanks. :tu:

Is there any way to import .mid files for my sequence (and save it in .flx format under a user preset?) I have tons of these and it would be nice to add them in to all the other A2 sequences

Hi Atlas owners! I am demoing Atlas 2.1 now and have a couple of questions.
1. I made my own map and one samples is recognised as "hi hat" but it is definitely a snare (and named "snare12"). How to make it right (color group)?
2. In XLN audio XO there is nice function which makes sample sounds like stereo with short delay. Can I have it in Atlas?

Krovatin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 pm 1. I made my own map and one samples is recognised as "hi hat" but it is definitely a snare (and named "snare12"). How to make it right (color group)?
Select the pad you want to edit in bottom left panel, then in top left panel press the spanner icon.
For question 2 - I dont think there are any fx in atlas.

Return to “Instruments”