Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

pierb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm
himalaya wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:15 am Equator2 isn't just a synth, it's also a sampler, and as such it really needs to provide bread&butter presets.
I think it's more a synth than a sampler though.

If it was a proper sampler, you'd have more sampler oriented features. Like being able to import and edit multisamples. I know you can use sfz but it's not even well documented.
Granted, it's not a 'sampler' as such, since it does not sample in the box. Kontakt doesn't either. We could simply describe both as 'sample-players'. The key here is not the name, but the fact that if a plugin supports full sample playback with multi-samples, round-robin, etc. many people will demand a selection of bread&butter sounds.
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

Edit: NVM. I see. It looks like is is possible to frequency modulate a wavetable Osc with a granular Osc. Sounds like an great experimental sound design feature.
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

himalaya wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:01 pm
pierb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:18 pm
himalaya wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:15 am Equator2 isn't just a synth, it's also a sampler, and as such it really needs to provide bread&butter presets.
I think it's more a synth than a sampler though.

If it was a proper sampler, you'd have more sampler oriented features. Like being able to import and edit multisamples. I know you can use sfz but it's not even well documented.
Granted, it's not a 'sampler' as such, since it does not sample in the box. Kontakt doesn't either. We could simply describe both as 'sample-players'. The key here is not the name, but the fact that if a plugin supports full sample playback with multi-samples, round-robin, etc. many people will demand a selection of bread&butter sounds.
Hi Himalaya,

I was wondering if there are updates coming for Equator 2 that will address folders/categories for Users Wavetables? I have a lot of personal wavetables and navigating through them in Equator 2 its a mess... Unless am I missing something?

Animations as well would be cool and amazing for Sound Design I know that can tax the CPU more but to me that the only thing I see that is missing in Equator 2 vs the competition really, everything else is amazing.

And maybe more Pop oriented presets?

One improvement I'd like to mention: A refresh button to refresh the preset list once user saves their preset or basically for scanning any change in preset directories.

Away from my PC but I recall that it is a bit tedious to see the new preset in the preset browser as it does not appear right away and you need to load a new instance of Equator2 to see it. Am I missing something?

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:44 am One improvement I'd like to mention: A refresh button to refresh the preset list once user saves their preset or basically for scanning any change in preset directories.

Away from my PC but I recall that it is a bit tedious to see the new preset in the preset browser as it does not appear right away and you need to load a new instance of Equator2 to see it. Am I missing something?
Equator2 always had a refresh button that refreshes the presets (the whole browser really).

In the latest update it's located in top left in the preset browser. See attached image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

himalaya wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:28 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:44 am One improvement I'd like to mention: A refresh button to refresh the preset list once user saves their preset or basically for scanning any change in preset directories.

Equator2 always had a refresh button that refreshes the presets (the whole browser really).

In the latest update it's located in top left in the preset browser. See attached image.
Thanks a lot. I think it was not there in the previous version (which was used in the track I was working on) and I overlooked it after I updated recently. Either way, sorry about the confusion and happy to know it's there. :tu:
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No answers for my questions? It's been one year of Equator 2 being able to class your custom wavetables by their Folders Names it's just a basic feature for a Wavetable synth?

SawtoothWavee wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:18 pm

No answers for my questions? It's been one year of Equator 2 being able to class your custom wavetables by their Folders Names it's just a basic feature for a Wavetable synth?
Same for user sample folders!

I’d like an option to turn off the retriggering for the oscs. I’ve asked for that a couple times before ( first time was in February). Many synths have that option, but not this one.

Many of these feature requests are on the to-do list. You haven't seen them implemented yet due to massive amounts of work done on some other parts of Equator2. Some huge new developments.

SawtoothWavee wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:29 am

Funny you should mention that, since a Pop sound pack is in the works. One that will include more than just synth presets! :party:

himalaya wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 pm
SawtoothWavee wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:29 am

Funny you should mention that, since a Pop sound pack is in the works. One that will include more than just synth presets! :party:
All right, cannot wait, and I like the emphasis on the more than just synth presets :)

Ok, got it for the features. At least I know now that ROLI is well aware of these requests. :-D

Huge New Developments... Equator 2 is already powerful I wonder how it can even get better ( in a good way) :tu:

himalaya wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 pm Many of these feature requests are on the to-do list. You haven't seen them implemented yet due to massive amounts of work done on some other parts of Equator2. Some huge new developments.
That’s great news, thanks for the info. :)

himalaya wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 pm Some huge new developments.
Care to drop a a hint or three?
“Sometimes you have to play a long time to be able to play like yourself.” -Miles Davis

I wasn’t able to swing this during BF sale. Is there any other time during the year when it might be discounted?

Return to “Instruments”