Korg Collection 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

So, basically the Triton Extreme plugin is the same as the Triton plugin and then some?
No presets are missing from the extreme edition that are in the classic?

there should be 50% off for korg collections inclusive upgrades but i still have from V2 to V3 offer 99usd at account same as before, do we have to use some coupon/voucher?

tristan- wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:47 amSo, basically the Triton Extreme plugin is the same as the Triton plugin and then some?
No presets are missing from the extreme edition that are in the classic?
Some are missing. Triton Extreme is like a "best of, plus some new stuff". It has "most" (?) of the presets from the Triton plus its 9 EXB's. Due to missing features, on the plugin, the drum expansion (EXB-03) is also a bit broken on the Triton btw. Plus there were also numerous other "bonus" presets done by Korg, for the EXB's, which aren't included and there's no way offered to import. So, not quite "complete", more of a "mostly there" between the two :)
deejay2 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:20 amthere should be 50% off for korg collections inclusive upgrades but i still have from V2 to V3 offer 99usd at account same as before, do we have to use some coupon/voucher?
Nope. As mentioned earlier, there is NO additional discount for V1 or V2 to V3. Korg no love you.

for me, this collection is better then the Arturia V collection. I've got Korg collection earlier, not nowadays.

They raised their prices several dollars compared to like a week ago. My upgrade last week was $99. Now it's $106.49. Yeah, no thanks.

So does it support the apple m1 processors?

AFAIK no. Should work under Rosetta tho.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:27 am So does it support the apple m1 processors?
They're all working fine on my M1 mbp.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:27 am So does it support the apple m1 processors?
M1 Mac mini here. The Korg M1 seems to be a problem one of my project files, but other than that the other projects I've used it on have all been fine.The error I get is "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro."
Not entirely positive if it is a Korg problem or a Logic problem, but since it persisted across Logic updates I'm guessing it's on Korg.

EDIT: Issue is fixed if I run Logic in Rosetta

mcnoone wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:41 pm
Correct, all korg plug-ins work beautifully on M1 Mac mini

Atlatnesiti wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:54 pm
mcnoone wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:41 pm
Correct, all korg plug-ins work beautifully on M1 Mac mini
i confirm this too...

But they are not M1 native right?

dune_rave wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 am for me, this collection is better then the Arturia V collection. I've got Korg collection earlier, not nowadays.
Does Arturia make good synths? I bought a Moog plugin for the iPad and it sounds better than the one Arturia did imo?

Hence why I am a bit hesitant to buy the entire Arturia V collection.

Bla28 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm
Does Arturia make good synths? I bought a Moog plugin for the iPad and it sounds better than the one Arturia did imo?

Hence why I am a bit hesitant to buy the entire Arturia V collection.
Nothing against iPads, and this may just be me, but I would never judge a synth only based on an iPad experience.

Fyi, the synths in the V Collection are available to demo from the Arturia Software Center, so you can judge them yourself for free!
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Bla28 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:37 pm Does Arturia make good synths?
TL;DR: V-Collection is decidedly worth the money, especially on sale (it's 50% off once or twice a year). I just wouldn't consider it "the best."

EDIT: I was assuming you meant SOFT synths. If you meant hardware, the answer is different. See below.

Long version:

Yes. Very good.

NOT best-in-class, though. At least, not in most cases.

Arturia's strongest suit seems to be in getting 90% of the way there in sound, but then adding convenience features and a pleasing UI to round it off.

They lose points, for me, in that their plugins are slow to load, the presets are largely uninspiring, and the 10% of the sound that they miss is meaningful to me (YMMV).

They gain points for Pigments. (...which is NOT part of the V Collection, mind you.) It's a very flexible, very interesting synth. Still not 100% there on sound, but the kinds of sounds it makes best don't really need that "analog oomph" the other synths are lacking. And the UI for Pigments is definitely best-in-class. One of the best synth UIs ever. A future classic, IMO.

They also redeem themselves (to my mind) with SQ-80V, which is a good emulation and very extensible. ...you have to like the "retro digital" sound it makes, though.

OTOH, if you meant hardware, then: yes. Unqualified "yes." They make excellent hardware. I don't own any ATM, but I owned a Minibrute and would handily recommend it to anyone: a superlative monosynth. ...and I wish I owned a Polybrute or a Matrixbrute: both are premium.

Return to “Instruments”