So... what will you get on Black Friday?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I got the following:

D16 Devastor 2 - Clean downsampler and retro sampler emulator, which also turned out to work as an outstanding exciter and aliasing stopper (probably more than just a simple LP filter).

Kazrog True Iron - Nice but subtle transformer-based saturator with easily switchable 6 modes, at least one of these does something to a signal.

Wavesfactory Quantum - Streamlined transient shaper with a number of onboard effects that can be applied to either transient or sustain part of the signal. However, I don't use these. I just use Quantum as a transparent transient splitter for further processing with my tools of choice. Yep, I paid 99 USD just for this utility :P

iZotope Breaktweaker - Popular sequencer and sample mangler that hopefully will help me to create wild drum loops, rolls, breaks and effects. For 9.99 USD it's a no-brainer.

So overall a bunch of mixing tools and effects that will help me get the most of synths that I already have.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 pm So I got the following:

D16 Decimort 2 - Clean downsampler and retro sampler emulator, which also turned out to work as an outstanding exciter and aliasing stopper (probably more than just a simple LP filter).
Isn't it actually closer to reality this way?

DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 pm Kazrog True Iron - Nice but subtle transformer-based saturator with easily switchable 6 modes, at least one of these does something to a signal.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DJ Warmonger wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:41 pm So overall a bunch of mixing tools and effects that will help me get the most of synths that I already have.
Wise choice, IMHO. Having spent a lot of time on different synths, I nowadays think it's not so much about the synths/samples themselves, but what you do with them using fx.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I got my Kontakt crossgrade, as planned, plus Sononym and Soundmorph Dust. Have a lot of plans for sampling next year, so I think these should serve me well. :phones:

Did end up picking up a handful of Fuse Audio Labs plugins, along with all the distortion pedal "Tanks" by Audiority. Also picked up Polycomp as my freebie from Plugin Boutique. It's actually quite nice - not the kind of plugin I would typically use but it's doing something quite nice to the stereo field and can be pushed to brutality for parallel duties so it might find its way into something.

Wondering whether to buy something more with my cashback from PB. Still haven't picked up Wires and I could nab that for £19... :scared:

Two external hard drives for safety.
IKM Modo Bass SE
Discovered Tokyo Dawn Labs, so bought limiter, mastering EQ and (very soon) Kotelnikov compressor
Also will buy Arturia FX Collection.
And probably upgrade to the full Cableguys Shaperbox

Refrained from:
Update Cubase 10.5 to 11 (too afraid I will end up with an unstable DAW while I'm only using about 10-20% at the moment of all C10.5 is capable of)
Upgrade to Kilohearts toolbox ultimate (Phase Plant looks so interesting but after watching a review of 1 hour I decided I don't have the time to dive into this one at this moment - still have to learn to work with Avenger and Halion)
SSL Flexverb even though it's so cheap... but I wonder whether it can really do more than my Eareverb 2 (and so many other reverbs I have)
Izotope MPS 4.1 upgrade (I have Ozone 8 adv and Neuron 3 adv and Ozone 9 doesn't seem to bring so many extra's. I did "discover" Neoverb though... maybe when it's deeply discounted at some point (which will happen between now and 2 years for sure)

Let's see what Cyber Monday will bring to the table but this might very well be it...

Tone2 Nemesis 2. My first ever purchase from KVR Marketplace; all went well. :tu:

- Upgraded my Arturia effects and got the 6 latest plugs. One compressor, eq, flanger, chorus, etc.
- Soothe2
- I upgraded FAB filter volcano 2 and timeless 2 so I now have ver 3
- Arousor from Empirical labs
- All Tokyo dawn plugs
- ToneBoosters Sibalance v4 and Enchancer v1
- Tone-Empire compressor model 5000
- SSL LMC+ compressor and SSL Native Flex verb
- Liquid Sonics - Seventh heaven reverb
- Synth stack 2 from Cherry Audio

Besides this I got some 2B Played Music plugs that seemed fun. I also got some preset packs for Serum. This year I spent more than I ever did but I basically didn't buy much plugins or other stuff all year. I saved money for this Black Friday.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I eventually got bored with all the synths, eqs and compressors offers out there and got something I thought would be way more fun to play with: Plogue chipspeech. :singer:

ATN69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:16 pm - Upgraded my Arturia effects and got the 6 latest plugs. One compressor, eq, flanger, chorus, etc.
Do you mean you owned FX Collection 1 or some single effects and now upgraded to FX Collection 2? Curious to know from what did you exactly upgrade and how much you paid for it. Thanks.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

I made one hardware purchase in addition to the few virtual things...Novation Circuit Rhythm for £255 at Thomann (25% off sale).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I ended up buying 5 HW effect pedals for $1067, no software...

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:56 am
ATN69 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:16 pm - Upgraded my Arturia effects and got the 6 latest plugs. One compressor, eq, flanger, chorus, etc.
Do you mean you owned FX Collection 1 or some single effects and now upgraded to FX Collection 2? Curious to know from what did you exactly upgrade and how much you paid for it. Thanks.
Good question! :D I basically bought the pre-amps and filters some years ago when they were introduced. They normally release 3 different FX in each release, and since then I been buying the 3 compressors, the 3 delays and the 3 reverbs, each time they release new FX.

I did not buy the last 6pcs (Chorus, Flanger, Bus Force, EQ, Phaser and Comp diode when they were released because at the time I didn't feel the need. Since then I seen reviews and listened to these FX and therefore I decided to get these latest 6pcs this Black Friday. Since I owned the other effects since before I got an offer to buy them for $69.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:47 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:56 am
Good question! :D I basically bought the pre-amps and filters some years ago when they were introduced. They normally release 3 different FX in each release, and since then I been buying the 3 compressors, the 3 delays and the 3 reverbs, each time they release new FX.

I did not buy the last 6pcs (Chorus, Flanger, Bus Force, EQ, Phaser and Comp diode when they were released because at the time I didn't feel the need. Since then I seen reviews and listened to these FX and therefore I decided to get these latest 6pcs this Black Friday. Since I owned the other effects since before I got an offer to buy them for $69.
Okay, thanks so much for the detailed answer. :tu:

So, basically you paid $69 for 6 plugins now, which is in addition to the amount you paid for your previous purchases. So I am guessing you paid in excess of $200 so far.

You will be surprised to know that the entire FX Collection 2 (22 effects) is available right now as a crossgrade for only $69! You need to own V Collection though. If you own the freebie Chorus Jun-6, I think it is $99 - still insane value if you like (most of) the included plugins.

You might be aware, but if not, something to keep in mind for future... :)

Add Sonic Academy Kick 2 to the list :)

Finally I was able to create properly hard-hitting trance kick!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”