Neural DSP Recommendations?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF
4121 posts since 26 Nov, 2015 from Way Downunder

Post Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:36 pm

All really good info, thanks everyone. I'll try going through a buffered pedal first.

jekora
KVRer
1 posts since 5 Nov, 2011

Post Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:59 am

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
GreyLion wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:52 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote:
Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:11 pm
I seem to get this steely/raspy "CSHHH" type of sound in the attack that seems really hard to EQ out. Lowering the tone control on the guitar helps but it's still there.
I don't know if this will help, but I'm getting similar transient weirdness, too, across several of the plugins. Not sure what's causing it, but turning down highs seems to help a bit. Turning off the plug's compressor helps a LOT, for me, and compressor-on presets seem to be the ones giving me the most weirdness. I also mutate the presets a bit in that I clean them up, then run my MXR Classic Overdrive between the guitar and interface. I'm really liking the tones I get with matching levels, with just a little drive added by the MXR. I mostly like cleaner sound, blues to rock, no metal.

And it's a work in progress, of course, as I always discover that I need to continue to monkey with tones that I thought were perfect. As do all guitarists.
I had similar experience, puffed the dust from my Radial Dragster, makes all the difference (with passive pickups).

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index ... r.2219426/ (https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/radial-dragster.2219426/)

mcm01
KVRer
10 posts since 23 Nov, 2021

Post Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:39 am

I have Plini - only use the low and mid gains, probably should have got the Cory Wong. I find I have to set the noise gate fairly high to tame it.

bharris22
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2189 posts since 3 Mar, 2010

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:33 pm

Thank you again, everyone. I ended up going with Tim Henson (although I also find him insufferable) and Gojira.

Return to “Effects”