Have you been converted to Ableton Live ?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
legendCNCD
KVRian
1215 posts since 23 Sep, 2004 from Kocmoc

Post Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:30 am

Like @jkist said "Ableton has a pretty specific way of doing things. Its pretty simple and straightforward. Is it always the best way to do things? No, but its usually intuitive and easy."

This converted me from fighting against Cubase and Logic. Even keyboard is supported in the tracker style :lol:

Now if I'd choose, it would probably be Bitwig as it has the plusses of Cubases patterns and Live style fast input.
I never use the "launch loops" side, just the traditional arranger.
Soft Knees - Demoscene - Live 10 - Diva - Omnisphere - Slate Digital VSX - TDR - Kush Audio - Fabfilter - PA - Valhalla - Fuse - Pulsar - NI - OekSound etc...

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
2032 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from ..from.. from.. FROM

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:54 am

ls1xxx wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 am
I've wanted so so hard to get into this daw but its like with fl studio i tend to just end up making some sort of loop and cant do anything with it. :dog:
Sooo... you resurrected a thread that's been dead for 17 years to say this?? :dog: :lol:
Tj Shredder wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:25 pm
Was this the biggest necro ever?
I have to say, it's pretty amazing that people just chimed in like it was a new thread. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

n I I e
KVRer
8 posts since 7 Oct, 2021

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Now let's put this to sleep for 17 years more so our kids will revive it and keep the post alive.

Probably Ableton live 23... still with the same gui that we all love (and others love to hate).

PieBerger
KVRian
1298 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 am

n I I e wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 pm
Now let's put this to sleep for 17 years more so our kids will revive it and keep the post alive.

Probably Ableton live 23... still with the same gui that we all love (and others love to hate).
PDC still not fixed :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
rod_zero
KVRAF
3270 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm

PieBerger wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 am
n I I e wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 pm
Now let's put this to sleep for 17 years more so our kids will revive it and keep the post alive.

Probably Ableton live 23... still with the same gui that we all love (and others love to hate).
PDC still not fixed :lol:
PDC was fixed years ago around live 9-5, but the visual side hasn't.
dedication to flying

PieBerger
KVRian
1298 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:50 pm

rod_zero wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:27 pm
PieBerger wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:51 am
n I I e wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:35 pm
Now let's put this to sleep for 17 years more so our kids will revive it and keep the post alive.

Probably Ableton live 23... still with the same gui that we all love (and others love to hate).
PDC still not fixed :lol:
PDC was fixed years ago around live 9-5, but the visual side hasn't.
Sadly that is not the case. Latency is still not reported to subsequent devices along the chain on each channel. If you put an LFOTool or similar device after a linear phase EQ, the latency induced by the EQ isn’t compensated before reaching the LFOTool and the timing will be off. Fortunately some developers have implemented work arounds, but it’s far from ideal. This problem isn’t present in Bitwig or Cubase.
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
machinesworking
KVRAF
4074 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:12 am

EnochLight wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:54 am
ls1xxx wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:24 am
I've wanted so so hard to get into this daw but its like with fl studio i tend to just end up making some sort of loop and cant do anything with it. :dog:
Sooo... you resurrected a thread that's been dead for 17 years to say this?? :dog: :lol:
17 year long loops are rough though.


Also who cares about necro threads being somehow taboo to comment on? or do you think people didn't notice the bump? I noticed it was a necro, didn't care, it's still a relevant subject. :shrug:

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
2032 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from ..from.. from.. FROM

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 am

machinesworking wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:12 am
Also who cares about necro threads being somehow taboo to comment on? or do you think people didn't notice the bump? I noticed it was a necro, didn't care, it's still a relevant subject. :shrug:
To be fair, the OP has long since moved on and there have been far more recent discussions on the topic by others. Necro threads have been “taboo” in web etiquette since it began. But that’s cool, you do you. :tu: :hug: I just thought it was funny.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

User avatar
machinesworking
KVRAF
4074 posts since 15 Aug, 2003 from seattle

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:45 am

EnochLight wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 am
web etiquette
as if! :hihi:

PieBerger
KVRian
1298 posts since 23 May, 2012 from London

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 am

Have you been converted to Ableton Live? You may be entitled to compensation.
Always Read the Manual!

User avatar
EnochLight
KVRAF
2032 posts since 21 Mar, 2012 from ..from.. from.. FROM

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:26 am

PieBerger wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:00 am
Have you been converted to Ableton Live? You may be entitled to compensation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”