Reverb foundry Tai Chi Reverb

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
beely
KVRAF
2001 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:10 pm

masterhiggins wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:01 pm
So if we buy from reverb foundry do we get codes for discounts to liquidsonics? Or is it only one way?
You can use LS and RF codes together on either site. So they all work for either, and stack. :tu:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/upgrades/
https://www.reverbfoundry.com/loyalty-offers/

masterhiggins
KVRAF
2704 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:20 pm

beely wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:10 pm
masterhiggins wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:01 pm
So if we buy from reverb foundry do we get codes for discounts to liquidsonics? Or is it only one way?
You can use LS and RF codes together on either site. So they all work for either, and stack. :tu:

https://www.liquidsonics.com/upgrades/
https://www.reverbfoundry.com/loyalty-offers/
Thanks man

masterhiggins
KVRAF

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:19 pm

Damnit. I wish I wouldn't have demoed it. I love it. It's the closest thing to a perfect reverb I've ever used. Fits into the mix automatically with very little work. And most of that work just involves tailoring the "flavor" of the reverb. The controls are extensive, but not overwhelmingly so.

You can tell a lot of thought went into the design. Bravo.

sqigls
KVRAF
4824 posts since 25 Dec, 2004

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:31 am

it's fun to work with, great GUI.
Sounds superb.
Gonna be hard to resist this one.

briefcasemanx
KVRian
1063 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:48 am

With the amount of plugins given names that aren't literal, it's weird that this one would get comments about it's name. Gosh, I wonder why.

fese
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1852 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 am

v1o wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:24 am
I tried the demos. These ones and HD Cart are sweet. They have a bit more life than the IR based verbs from Liquidsonics. But for me are not a replacement for the EA reverbs, not on the same level in my humble opinion.
I also have the EA reverbs, and I think they just sound different, they’ll compliment each other. All excellent reverbs. tai chi has a much better UI, though…
The first signal I tested with Tai Chi was a fingerpicked acoustic guitar, and the default preset sounded so gorgeous, I was immediately in love. Then I took a clean electric guitar, and for that Verberate 2 (which was also in my reverb-testing project) sounded better, or should I say, more suitable. Of course I could’ve probably tweaked to death, but that experience told me once again that there is no “best” reverb (compressor/EQ, whatever), just the best tool for the job at hand.

masterhiggins
KVRAF

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:56 pm

Silly question. I've been trying to RTFM to find a similar control to the Shape>Size parameter on ValhallaVintageVerb, as I sometimes crank it down to create an extremely resonant room. In the manual for Tai Chi it mentions the Diff. Size under the Advanced tab should be able to alter the perceived room size (at least that's how I'm understanding it), but that doesn't seem to affect the room in the same way the size parameter does in R4, either. I've been able to get a similar effect by modifying the multiband reverb time multipliers in the midrange to exaggerate the room in those frequencies, but I was wondering if there's another way to modify it more accurately.

sqigls
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:54 am

Reflection Layout (Room, Hall, Church etc) and the Pattern are possibly the main ones... but it's kinda a little bit of everything in the Master section and the Advanced page.

f**k i'm digging this verb.
It's definitely one for the new M1 though, using like 10% of CPU on my old macbook.
Glad the intro price is on till the 20th.

v1o
KVRAF
3114 posts since 2 Oct, 2004

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:48 am

fese wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:39 am

I also have the EA reverbs, and I think they just sound different, they’ll compliment each other. All excellent reverbs. tai chi has a much better UI, though…
The first signal I tested with Tai Chi was a fingerpicked acoustic guitar, and the default preset sounded so gorgeous, I was immediately in love. Then I took a clean electric guitar, and for that Verberate 2 (which was also in my reverb-testing project) sounded better, or should I say, more suitable. Of course I could’ve probably tweaked to death, but that experience told me once again that there is no “best” reverb (compressor/EQ, whatever), just the best tool for the job at hand.
They've been quite a few that said this replaces the Izotope/EA reverbs. It doesn't in my opinion and they're quite different. Their HD Cart is a lot more similar to R4, being in the same Lexicon inspired reverb category. I think its best to stick to fewer reverbs rather than collect them all like Pokemon. I don't see the utility in having every flavour of reverb that just leads to choice paradox. I'm also really fond of Verberate 2, it's a flexible tool that can be moulded to fit many different types of jobs really well.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

sqigls
KVRAF

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:54 am

this verb is nothing like the EA verbs though. totally different

fese
KVRAF

Topic Starter

1852 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 am

v1o wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:48 am
I think its best to stick to fewer reverbs rather than collect them all like Pokemon.
:o Heresy! Burn him!

Xbucket
KVRist
141 posts since 17 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:09 am

fese wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 am
v1o wrote:
I think its best to stick to fewer reverbs rather than collect them all like Pokemon.
🤣🤣🤣made my day!

beely
KVRAF
2001 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:39 am

fese wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:17 am
v1o wrote:
Don't burn him! *Drown* him. Drench him in *all* the reverb...

He's right though - you don't need to collect them all.

Just all the good ones. :tu:

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
2168 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:07 pm

sqigls wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:54 am
this verb is nothing like the EA verbs though. totally different
That's my experience/perception too, and in operation EA Nimbus/R4 really shine with the 3 multimode filters for pre/early/late and the visual editing of the early, attack and tail portions. TaiChi (and all the LiquidSonics stuff) sounds great, but so much of their specialness is in the deep low end and airy highs that are typically the first things to cut out on a reverb to fit it into a mix. :lol:

Ploki
KVRAF
5260 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:58 am

I demoed it and can certainly say it's -very nice-, and it probably does at least what Valhalla Room+VVV does.
However i already have a couple of reverbs and so far i haven't found anything i can't already do, and at 199$ ..

Has anyone found anything that is really exceptional and worth 199$?

Return to “Effects”