VCV Rack 2 is out! Free and Pro versions ($99 at launch)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do we have to register again for vcv rack 2 ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:19 pm Do we have to register again for vcv rack 2 ?
it picked up my login, but me think i made a mistake, i did have a pre-built, i should have deleted that..

you can see of you are logged in, of course, but sometimes it fails, it takes time.

EDIT: license for the VCV modules are there, but no paid Vult modules..

perhaps a reinstall later, or wait... well...

I couldn't tell for sure from the system requirements. Does anyone know if there is a VST 2 version for Linux as well?

I got the off-line license for rack working, but the other paid modules are not. No biggie. I’m going to wait for the server to stop getting slammed and will try again in a day or two. I really hope the new auth system is transparent and these are just some initial growing pains.

Amazing that it can host vst and vsti as module and offer audiorate modulation of parameters, host seems like a must have

Has there been any indication when an AU version for the plugin would be available?

Thanks!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:19 pm Do we have to register again for vcv rack 2 ?
i had to log back in. the included VCV modules are there but not the handful that i bought or any of the other free ones. the red dot shows up next to "Library" in the menu bar but says "Querying for Updates" so i guess every user is doing the same thing and the server is slammed.

kobal wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 pm Amazing that it can host vst and vsti as module and offer audiorate modulation of parameters, host seems like a must have
That's the beauty of (digital ) modular , sample rate update for modulation etc..
That being said , this does not mean that vst's hosted in vcv will be able to accept audio rate inputs for modulation .
It's not because their parameters are exposed that they will accept any high res input , unless they are designed for that ( reaktor , softube , voltage modular ) and even then there is still the issue of compatibility and the used ranges .
Eyeball exchanging

All good everything is updated for vcv 2
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:06 am It's not because their parameters are exposed that they will accept any high res input , unless they are designed for that ( reaktor , softube , voltage modular ) and even then there is still the issue of compatibility and the used ranges .
And CPU usage probably will render many unusable, as plugins are usually developed to amortize some operations across many audio block samples.

I mean, this is not supported on all plugins just because it is not feasible from the CPU usage point of view.

Can the vst version be used as an effect insert ? (i.e FX version).

nirm123 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:27 am Can the vst version be used as an effect insert ? (i.e FX version).
Yes, there's 2 .dll files - one instrument, one FX
Last edited by antic604 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Robinrobo wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:49 pm I couldn't tell for sure from the system requirements. Does anyone know if there is a VST 2 version for Linux as well?
Yes, both free and pro versions support Linux.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:06 am
kobal wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 pm Amazing that it can host vst and vsti as module and offer audiorate modulation of parameters, host seems like a must have
That's the beauty of (digital ) modular , sample rate update for modulation etc..
That being said , this does not mean that vst's hosted in vcv will be able to accept audio rate inputs for modulation .
It's not because their parameters are exposed that they will accept any high res input , unless they are designed for that ( reaktor , softube , voltage modular ) and even then there is still the issue of compatibility and the used ranges .
yes i succpect some bug crash ect but still great to have that , i think on melda plugs it might work great as these can update parameters rate down to one sample accuracy but no idea really, maybe i get this wrong and it has nothing to do with that

anyon used the vcv drums? from the audio demo i like the sound

Return to “Instruments”