eaReckon - EAReverb 2

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
Oneiroi
KVRer
1 posts since 8 Sep, 2019

Post Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:09 pm

PFozz wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:07 am
Many thanks for the kind words!
Is there anything I can do to obtain smoother curves already from the first automation recording, without having to perfect them with the pencil later?
I'm not sure there is something I can change in the plug-in that could help.
I've tried to find some information on the web but even if the problem has been reported elsewhere (with other plug-ins), it seems other Logic users do the same as you do (by post editing the curve). I just found quite old threads, though.
Wouldn't it be possible to create x and y automatable parameters for the location dot? I use VEP and need to manually create automation parameters for all of the location-affected parameters for them to appear in my host, which is very time-consuming. If I could control only 2 parameters (x & y positions) which would themselves control the other ones, it would save me a lot of trouble.

Alfa Romeo
KVRist
120 posts since 20 Oct, 2012 from NL

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 am

Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
Or in other words: does it make sense to buy Flexverb if you already own Eareverb?

User avatar
XComposer
KVRist
433 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:40 pm

Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.14, Logic Pro X

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
4723 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Alfa Romeo wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 am
Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
Or in other words: does it make sense to buy Flexverb if you already own Eareverb?
I just brought them both up to compare. They sound surprisingly alike! That's the raw reverb sound, hall specically. I havent compared more. and also they both have a different feature-set around the reverb, so there are those differences to consider. You probably need both.

User avatar
e@rs
KVRAF
5241 posts since 15 Dec, 2011 from Bucharest, Romania

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:26 am

PFozz is worryingly quiet, hope everything's alright. I see that he still visits KVR (last active Nov 26).

I'd love EARevolve's ""New "GUI Size" control that can be used to resize the interface (50, 100, 150, 200%)."" to make its way to EAReverb too. :pray:

Alfa Romeo
KVRist
120 posts since 20 Oct, 2012 from NL

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:55 am

plexuss wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:53 pm
Alfa Romeo wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 am
Does anybody know how the sound of Eareverb 2 compares with Solid State SSL Flexverb?
Or in other words: does it make sense to buy Flexverb if you already own Eareverb?
I just brought them both up to compare. They sound surprisingly alike! That's the raw reverb sound, hall specically. I havent compared more. and also they both have a different feature-set around the reverb, so there are those differences to consider. You probably need both.
Haha yeah, I actually did buy the SSL Flexverb. The offer was too good to pass. Eareverb2 is already my go-to reverb for a few years. Not sure whether Flexverb really brings anything new to the table but we'll see. Did like the idea of the compressor built in. Thanks for the response.

Winstontaneous
KVRAF
2167 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:02 pm

XComposer wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:40 pm
Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?
I have no issues running EAReverb 2 on Catalina.

User avatar
XComposer
KVRist
433 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:24 pm

Winstontaneous wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:02 pm
XComposer wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:40 pm
Speaking of EAReverb 2: does anybody know if they are still updating it? I'm asking especially with regard to compatibility with the new Macs (Monterey OS and – different question – maybe M1 chip). Does anybody use it on the new Macs? Or, at least, on recent versions of Mac OS (Catalina, for example)?
I have no issues running EAReverb 2 on Catalina.
Thank you very much, good news for me. I'm still on Mojave, but planning to update my Mac OS when I finish the presently ongoing works.
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.14, Logic Pro X

Return to “Effects”