Unable to cancel my PT Trial (Solved)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Actually I can't cancel my (Protools Ultimate v2021 6.0 Trial), or turn off the subscription.
while I'm unable to login into my account with my current email address although I registered already & there system should recognize my e-mail.

I get a dialog says "We were unable to log you in. Please check your email address and password and try again"

There isn't any support for both chat & e-mail, the chat support is just an AI agent that gives me articles that isn't related to my issue. I tried to contact them via e-mail by filling there form & I done so then clicked on "submit the question" to send my request to them but nothing is happening, the page isn't responding & eventually my time was wasted.

My main purpose was just to try it since the audio engineer in our class required us to work on Protools as unified DAW for all students which is a big headache, so I intended to work on PT temporarily as a trial for the educational purpose only until the class finishes that's it, Now I don't need it anymore It doesn't fit my current work flow. I'm a creative producer working on creative DAW's. I'm receiving 2 headaches so far.

This isn't fare at all they don't have any support for trial users, they only taking care about customers who purchased it & the one who works as a professional. the software even doesn't show the remaining days for the trial.

I read in one of there articles that "Avid subscription products are not eligible for return or early termination ...etc" but in my case this isn't a subscription rather it's a trial, I don't have to pay monthly or annually for something I don't use it. at least they must facilitate the contacting.

My trial will be charged soon I'm afraid,
does someone experienced any similar issue, or could help.
Last edited by horizon7 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can't reset your password?
Most (if not all) Logins have an option "I forgot my password" or something similar.

EnGee wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:09 pm You can't reset your password?
Most (if not all) Logins have an option "I forgot my password" or something similar.
No there system won’t recognize my existing e-mail I mentioned this above.

Did you have to provide a credit card number for the demo? If so, maybe start by contacting your credit card company and see if they can stop payments to Avid?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:46 am Did you have to provide a credit card number for the demo? If so, maybe start by contacting your credit card company and see if they can stop payments to Avid?
No I didn’t, I received an auto email before a while
& asking me to reply to there existing email & I done so & wrote to them my issue then sent it.

But surprisingly I didn’t get any response from them & received a 2nd auto email As following:

“Your case number xxx " Duplicate case xxx " is now closed. If this issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction, please reference this number when contacting Customer Care.

I tried the customer care & I filled the form previously but nothing.

This will happen again & again No one is responding at all that’s really annoying after several attempts trying to contact them.

I still can’t login due to there system issue, my email isn’t recognizable.

Is there another way perhaps.

You’ll have to forgive my ignorance because I don’t have a PT subscription (but do have a perpetual license for PT that I don’t really use anymore), but…
horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 pm My trial will be charged soon I'm afraid,
cryophonik wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:46 am Did you have to provide a credit card number for the demo?
horizon7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am No I didn’t,
I guess I don’t understand the problem, then. If they don’t have a credit card number, how will they charge you for the subscription when your trial expires? Can’t you just let the trial expire and be done with it?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 pm...I registered already & there system
horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 pm...No there system won’t recognize my existing e-mail I mentioned this above.
horizon7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am...asking me to reply to there existing email & I done so & wrote to them my issue then sent it.
It's "their" :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:15 am
horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 pm...I registered already & there system
horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:55 pm...No there system won’t recognize my existing e-mail I mentioned this above.
horizon7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am...asking me to reply to there existing email & I done so & wrote to them my issue then sent it.
It's "their" :)
They're, they're. It's okay...

To the OP, if they don't have a way to charge you, don't sweat it. They'll just turn out the lights at the end of your trial and then mercilessly spam you trying to get you to subscribe. :D
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:22 amThey're, they're. It's okay...
:hihi:
Music tech enthusiast

cryophonik wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:01 am You’ll have to forgive my ignorance because I don’t have a PT subscription (but do have a perpetual license for PT that I don’t really use anymore), but…
horizon7 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:28 pm My trial will be charged soon I'm afraid,
cryophonik wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:46 am Did you have to provide a credit card number for the demo?
horizon7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:35 am No I didn’t,
I guess I don’t understand the problem, then. If they don’t have a credit card number, how will they charge you for the subscription when your trial expires? Can’t you just let the trial expire and be done with it?
I didn’t subscribe only a trial, but if it’s ended then they might charge me after.
I can’t access my account to cancel my subscription from there because there system introduces a dialog that can’t recognize my email.
Last edited by horizon7 on Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:25 am
Try to give a proper answer please, If you don’t have any thing to say then don’t contribute instead of laughing, there is no reason for that.
This is not a joke topic.

horizon7 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:56 pm
Try to give a proper answer please, If you don’t have any thing to say then don’t contribute instead of laughing, there is no reason for that.
I'm laughing in response to @syntonica's cheeky comment, not at you :hug:

Regarding the topic, as others have said - you should be able to reset the password if you used valid e-mail address to set the account up; and then cancel the sub. If you've not given them your CC details, there's no way they can charge you. If you gave them your Paypal, you can block Avid from charging you without your consent. And lastly use some kind of login & password manager, to make sure you remember your credentials.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:05 pm

Regarding the topic, as others have said - you should be able to reset the password if you used valid e-mail address to set the account up; and then cancel the sub. If you've not given them your CC details, there's no way they can charge you. If you gave them your Paypal, you can block Avid from charging you without your consent. And lastly use some kind of login & password manager, to make sure you remember your credentials.
Exactly.
Not to mention as well that PTU trial is 30 days only, non renewable and doesn't automatically switch to perpetual/sub.

Ok antic604 no worries I understand thanks for your kind clarification.

About the trial No I didn’t provide them with the details, but in case they insists for pulling the amount I hope those subscriptions won’t be cumulative while blocking the payment, I don’t want to get into legal trouble, then a gazillion of amount will be charged on me, they are really making things difficult for no reason.

what you mentioned is a good way & I agree, but additional step might be necessary & safe. So if I called them in order to clarify things & insure cancellation from them then no excuses for pulling the amount in the future.
I’m not sure if It’s beneficial to call them about cancellation.

Actually Adobe for example was responding effectively when I requested a cancellation after I called them. But this might be different with other companies.
I’m assuming many users are suffering with avid.

raysaul wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:32 pm
Exactly.
Not to mention as well that PTU trial is 30 days only, non renewable and doesn't automatically switch to perpetual/sub.
That’s a good news you mean if the trial ended after this no charges will occur because it is separate from subscriptions are you sure?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”