Badly created soundpacks

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
LeVzi
KVRAF

Topic Starter

4082 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:02 am

Robmobius wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:43 am
LeVzi wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:20 am
I bought a preset pack from Sonic Academy for Kick 2 and when I went through it, there were so many clicks n so forth, the pack was rubbish.

So I told them about it, and was pretty annoying tbh

a) they denied they could hear the issues
b) I sent audio files from rendered preset with the clicks in them and they still denied it.

I guess they simply don't believe me, because this pack is utter rubbish.

Anyone else get issues like this with packs ? First time it's happened to me tbh.
Ask for your money back.
This is where the problem lies, I spoke with SA about it, they refused to believe it, I provided the evidence, they still denied it. They said they'd speak with the designer, So I assumed there would be a new pack to replace it, all issues fixed. Nope, nothing. This was ages ago too.

No QC from SA at all, basic errors in the presets. Not all, but enough for it to be really an issue.
"T!ts McGee"

LeVzi
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:04 am

gaggle of hermits wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:14 am
I think it might well be that. I’m not getting a thud off the presets I’ve tried - this is on OS X. so there may be some latent bug. one thing i noticed was that on 03 the sample layers all had their length set to max in the preset. I could see something like that triggering this kind of bug.
This could explain why they couldnt hear it their end and I can. Windows vs OSX versions of Kick 2 ?
"T!ts McGee"

Viktor [TUC]
KVRian
500 posts since 18 May, 2007 from Berlin

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 am

Could perhaps a Mac user post a clip of the same preset ?
Would be good to know if there's an actual Mac/Win issue with the plugin.

LeVzi
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 am

The unshushable Coktor wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:30 am
Be a good question for a dev on how the two could possible differ too.
"T!ts McGee"

gaggle of hermits
KVRist
397 posts since 18 Jul, 2021

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:04 am

i'm getting the same result. i was expecting a proper spike not a "too fast release on the envelope" problem and the OP was misleading in pointing to samples as being the issue. I think one problem with some of those techno kick presets is they have a crap-ton of both tuning and amp nodes and it's messing up the rendering engine. in SA Techno 12, the nodes seem to force a weird kink into the waveform right at the release: some interpolation code isn't quite responding the way it probably should. #3 also has a weird amp envelope that forces the release to be too short for comfort that gets a boost out of the compressor as well.

one possibility is that the presets in the recent downloads are messed up. the other is whoever made them probably wants to lay off the bongs before sending them in.
Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 17.05.00.png
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

LeVzi
KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:08 am

gaggle of hermits wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:04 am
i'm getting the same result. i was expecting a proper spike not a "too fast release on the envelope" problem and the OP was misleading in pointing to samples as being the issue. I think one problem with some of those techno kick presets is they have a crap-ton of both tuning and amp nodes and it's messing up the rendering engine. in SA Techno 12, the nodes seem to force a weird kink into the waveform right at the release: some interpolation code isn't quite responding the way it probably should. #3 also has a weird amp envelope that forces the release to be too short for comfort that gets a boost out of the compressor as well.

one possibility is that the presets in the recent downloads are messed up. the other is whoever made them probably wants to lay off the bongs before sending them in.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 17.05.00.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I never once said samples were the issue ? I've no idea how you managed to think that. I said preset packs. I rendered samples to show the examples of what I am talking about to the company that sells the packs.
"T!ts McGee"

Return to “Soundware”