New Groundbreaking Product! Eventide SplitEQ - A New Era in Equalization

Official support for: eventide.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eventide Ushers in a New Era of Equalization with SplitEQ™

I'm pleased to announce that Eventide has released SplitEQ, an advanced equalization plug-in featuring our patented Structural Split technology. The culmination of a multi-year effort, SplitEQ works in a fundamentally different way from traditional EQs. It’s a new approach for corrective and creative rebalancing, enhancing, repairing, and widening any musical signal or other audio source.

SplitEQ is a parametric EQ with eight bands of precise, musical filters. What’s new and different is Eventide’s powerful Structural Split engine which divides the incoming audio into separate Transient and Tonal streams that feed the eight bands. This approach makes common EQ problems easy to solve even in a complex mix and opens up exciting new musical possibilities.

“We’re incredibly proud of what our developers have accomplished. They've built on the Structural Split technology at the heart of our earlier plug-in, Physion, to do something truly groundbreaking: SplitEQ is a fundamentally new type of musical tool.” said Eventide’s founder, Richard Factor.

SplitEQ takes the sound of structure into account. It splits any sound into two streams, mimicking human perception of its tonal and transient elements. After that, you can cut or boost only that part of the sound on which you’re focused. SplitEQ is not just a corrective tool. It is also a new type of creative tool for adding dimension to mixes through its independent Left/Right and Mid/Side panning options.

As one of SplitEQ’s developers, Peter McCulloch, put it: “We can all hear the transient and tonal parts of a sound, shouldn’t our EQs?”

SplitEQ features an innovative real-time spectrum analyzer so one can see and hear the sound in new ways. Solo only the transients, a single band, or only the transients on a single band. Use this analyzer to track down problematic resonances or transients by displaying the tonal and transient streams separately, adding a new dimension to your troubleshooting toolkit.

Whether you’re working on individual tracks, a full mix, or cleaning up a two-track loop, you’ll find SplitEQ to be an inspiring and powerful tool that allows you to approach material in a new, musically and sonically meaningful way.
https://youtu.be/M3iJFYLD4vk

SplitEQ Features:
  • World-class 8-band parametric EQ with precise musical filters
    Equalizes Transient and Tonal parts of a sound separately using Eventide’s patented Structural Split™ technology
    Controls Transient and Tonal Output levels
    Enhances the stereo field with continuous Transient and Tonal panning controls (L/R and Mid/Side modes)
    Innovative real-time spectrum analyzer displays the Transient and Tonal streams independently
    Controls for the underlying Split technology for fine tuning and experimentation
    Globally scales the EQ curves together or independently
    Has Peak, Notch, Bandpass, High-Shelf, Low-Shelf, Tilt Shelf, High-Pass, and Low-Pass filter types with slopes from 6 to 96 dB/octave
    Includes a comprehensive library with over 150 presets
    A/B buttons allow quick auditioning of two presets or settings plus Undo/ Redo functionality
    Graphical user interface with zoom options and can be re-sized
SplitEQ is available for Mac and PC in VST, AAX and AU formats for an introductory price of $99 (reg.$179) through January 3rd, 2022 from Eventide and authorized dealers worldwide.

To download the demo and for more info:
https://www.eventideaudio.com/plug-ins/spliteq/

I already have EQuivocate, Nice job on the user interface though
Asus CM6870 3AB, i7 3770 Ivy, 16GB RAM, 240GB SSD, 7TB Internal, Windows 8 64bit Pro,RME Firface UC, Reaper. Ableton Live 9, Sonar X2, Maschine.

I test it but problem is it have a latency of 81.5 ms (studio one show this and it really have large delay). so no realtime play possible. is it possible to switch it to lower latency as 81.5 ms ?
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:46 pm I test it but problem is it have a latency of 81.5 ms (studio one show this and it really have large delay). so no realtime play possible. is it possible to switch it to lower latency as 81.5 ms ?
Hi, can you give me more info about the system you are using? Mac/Windows, Operating System, version of Studio One, etc.?

New overview video:
https://youtu.be/8zWl-Yh2nMI

I use windows 10 64 newest version and studio one 5.4.1 . buffers size i use 96 samples . studio one is very good because it show the latency time that is request of a plugin. see the screenshots with and without spliteq enable. i use a test project so can see easy. o left side below sample rate there is latency value print. it have 81.5 ms and is too much for play with a midi keyboard or guitar live
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

magicmusic wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:43 pm I use windows 10 64 newest version and studio one 5.4.1 . buffers size i use 96 samples . studio one is very good because it show the latency time that is request of a plugin. see the screenshots with and without spliteq enable. i use a test project so can see easy. o left side below sample rate there is latency value print. it have 81.5 ms and is too much for play with a midi keyboard or guitar live
Unfortunately, the latency is unavoidable because we have to lookahead in order to do the spectral analysis for the Split. Once you record your instruments you shouldn't have any issue using SplitEQ in StudioOne.

KVR is giving away 5 copies of SplitEQ!
https://www.kvraudio.com/giveaways/kvr- ... e-audio-52

Just bought the SplitEQ. Recently recorded the live drummer with uncommonly strong crashes and very weak HiHat, and stupidly did not put a separate mic on the HiHat, only overheads for all the cymbals. So SplitEQ saved me by extracting the HiHat and taming the crashes. Really glad to have it.

Return to “Eventide”