Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

felis wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Sequent wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 am ....Thank you for that link!
You mean this one, right?

https://rolls.bublup.com/view/6538f104- ... 9e3ab75faf
Yes, haven't tried loading anything yet. Hope to do so later today.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:51 am
jamcat wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:30 am Can you import Emulator libraries into the Emulator II?
I want to get the classic Universe of Sounds discs into the Emulator II, but I have no idea how or if its even possible.

Anyone know more about this?
You might find your answer here:

https://gearspace.com/board/electronic- ... brary.html
Thanks!
In particular the "Samples for Arturia Emulator II V" page that felis pulled out of the GS thread contains this pdf: How To Import .EII Files Into Arturia Emulator II V. 8)
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Sorry, the owner of this content has exceeded their download limit.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:01 am Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
I believe the amount of presets doesn't change, except with V Collection you can open up the full underlying synths on each preset and change anything you want to it, rather than being limited to the predefined macros.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

takaperry wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:12 am
adl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:01 am Just a short question, sorry if it has been answered anywhere. With Analog Lab you basically get all the presets from all the V collection 8 synths, but with very limited tweaking options, right? Just not sure if I gain anything presets wise, if I upgrade to the full collection (got Analog Lab so far).
I believe the amount of presets doesn't change, except with V Collection you can open up the full underlying synths on each preset and change anything you want to it, rather than being limited to the predefined macros.
I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 am I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.
Agreed, I'm currently demoing SQ80 and it has 200 presets but my Analog Lab V only has 20 of them.

Whereas Synclavier, for which I have a license, shows over 700 presets both in the instrument and in Analog Lab V. (In fact my ALV has 19 additional presets which each comprise a Synclavier layered with another Instrument).

Psyclapse wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:34 am
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:10 am I think Analog Lab (V) contains a selection of presets. So, with V Collection you get all the presets as well as the individual instruments and get the full control.
Agreed, I'm currently demoing SQ80 and it has 200 presets but my Analog Lab V only has 20 of them.

Whereas Synclavier, for which I have a license, shows over 700 presets both in the instrument and in Analog Lab V. (In fact my ALV has 19 additional presets which each comprise a Synclavier layered with another Instrument).
Thanks! That cleared things up! Got only those 20 presets for the SQ80 as well, that's why I wasn't sure of there are really all presets in there. For Pigments 3 there are actually lots of presets as well in Analog Lab.
my Trap beatz:

I was also wondering what's simplest way to get these OMI Universe of Sounds stuff into Arturia Emulator II V?

Aloysius wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:19 pm Sorry, the owner of this content has exceeded their download limit.
Worth noting. He (Grasspikemusic) recently posted on GS, that he has been given more Bublup room.... so the downloads are (more) available now. I was getting that same error up until today.

https://rolls.bublup.com/view/6538f104- ... 9e3ab75faf <-- the ones on this link.

i just upgraded to V collection from Analog Lab (4 and V, having both gives you all the old presets) and in addition presetwise I got added for free:

- The full range of presets for the newer instruments from 8, of which you only get a selection in Analog Lab.
- The full range of presets for sq80v plus the excellent Dust Materials and Raw Machinery banks.
- The new Synthopedia and Patchworks banks with about 1500 presets between them.

Which added up to well over 2000 shiny new presets for V collection over Analog Lab.

tactile_coast wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:04 am
i just upgraded to V collection from Analog Lab (4 and V, having both gives you all the old presets) and in addition presetwise I got added for free:

- The full range of presets for the newer instruments from 8, of which you only get a selection in Analog Lab.
- The full range of presets for sq80v plus the excellent Dust Materials and Raw Machinery banks.
- The new Synthopedia and Patchworks banks with about 1500 presets between them.

Which added up to well over 2000 shiny new presets for V collection over Analog Lab.
Thanks for the insight! :tu:
2000 new presets are definitely something! :hyper:
my Trap beatz:

Well catched the black friday sale and after registering my microfreak and keystep 37 the deals got really interesting; basically got V collection for 200 bucks; Pigments for 69; Fx collections 2 for 69. not sure why but I'm not complaining. It's the weirdest coincidence because I didn't knew there was a sale and wanted to register my hardware and check the price on pigments which I wanted to buy; and maybe the prophet V (I had checked out the demo for the buchla; the mellotron and the prophet V).
Anyway I have now way too much more synths that I need and I'm trying to learn them.
I feel like there a a bit too many "classic substractive analog" recreation; even if they have their character; so I'll probably stick with a few. there are like 5 or 6 that I feel are a bit redundant.

so here's my impressions about it so far:
I already liked the prophet V (just for the prophet 5 side) but I think I like the Jup 8 more; it's a good thing I didn't went just for the prophet; I think it'll become my main substractive poly. It's the good balance between too simple (like the juno) and too much going on. Also it may sound a bit better with the new engine and all. The SEM is interesting also.
The synthi has a great sound but I still have to learn it; but one of the gem I feel is the Buchla (even if it's one of the most CPU intensive) and I've already made a few tracks with it; it's good for quirky rythmic patterns and arpeggio. For the rest the mellotron is great (already used it and will use it quite a lot I think); the rhodes (stage-73) and vox are nice; I still need the learn the DX7 (know the basics of FM but it seems powerful); and I have not much interest in the digital emulations (maybe I'll come to it); and the piano sounds meh compared to a good sampled piano. The mini moog and modular moog are alright but not sure I'll use them much (I already have a virtual modular)
As for pigments I haven't scratched the surface; but the virtual analog sounds already great; and I really like the low pass gate (I also bought the AAS multiphonics which has a LPG and it sounds incredible).
My general impression is good; but it's a bit overwhelming; and like I suspected it will probably come down to 5 or 6 I'll actually use regularly. I also generally stay away from presets (I mean where's the fun in using presets?), so will probably stay away from analog lab.

grrrz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:01 am ...
My general impression is good; but it's a bit overwhelming; and like I suspected it will probably come down to 5 or 6 I'll actually use regularly. I also generally stay away from presets (I mean where's the fun in using presets?), so will probably stay away from analog lab.
Nice writeup. Just an opinion re: Analog Lab. Don't give up on it too quickly. Especially if you gig / play live. It is not just a preset machine. Your saved (edited / custom timbres - presets / custom patches and folders - are available in AL. Here are a couple of benefits. You can split and layer instruments. Even the same instrument. So, something like the Jup-8 V4... which no longer supports splits and layers (like the original Jup-8 does) - you can layer and split away in AL. You can also layer / split different instruments all together. Another nice benefit is setting up Playlists. Again - if you play live, it is a huge benefit, to have your patches arranged in a quick to find place. Even if you don't play live, the Playlists allow you to group and arrange patches across the whole collection. So... Analog Lab FTW. Use it to create custom keyboard layouts if nothing else. :)

Cheers -

Joe

jdoo wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:43 am
grrrz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:01 am ...
Nice writeup. Just an opinion re: Analog Lab. Don't give up on it too quickly. Especially if you gig / play live. It is not just a preset machine. Your saved (edited / custom timbres - presets / custom patches and folders - are available in AL. Here are a couple of benefits. You can split and layer instruments. Even the same instrument. So, something like the Jup-8 V4... which no longer supports splits and layers (like the original Jup-8 does) - you can layer and split away in AL. You can also layer / split different instruments all together. Another nice benefit is setting up Playlists. Again - if you play live, it is a huge benefit, to have your patches arranged in a quick to find place. Even if you don't play live, the Playlists allow you to group and arrange patches across the whole collection. So... Analog Lab FTW. Use it to create custom keyboard layouts if nothing else. :)

Cheers -

Joe
thanks for the tip;
I haven't giged with a selection of synths and a big keyboard for quite a long time though; these days I have everything automated in a live session and if I use a few synths live it will be automatically recalled by the live session in its own track with effects and all. or it's full improvisation and I tend to use hardware for this. I can see it's an interesting tool (even standalone maybe) for keyboardists.
I'm also interested in a way to have quick access to the user presets; like from the little menu directly above the synth; it takes me at least 5 clicks to get to my presets and I don't really care to have all the presets sorted by type; if I make 20 or 30 I'll manage to go through all of them quickly (besides for a simple subtractive synth with a few controls a few quick templates will be enough). maybe I can create a "user" category or something.

Return to “Instruments”