IK Group Buyers! What's the total value of your haul?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was curious so I grabbed a calculator and added up all the freebies I got from the group buy. I left out what I bought to get into the buy (ARC 3 with mic) and didn't add in individual models that were included in T-Racks since I wouldn't need to buy them individually even without the group buy, I'd just buy T-Racks 5 normally and get them that way. But I did count a couple instruments I grabbed for Sampletank, since those would cost me either way.

So my personal total value, not reflecting sale prices, coming into the buy at the $150 level?

$3,075. :o

And one more time. :o

I was not expecting that.

I'm kind of speechless, so now it's your turn.

Add up the total value of your rampant, decadent shopping spree that steps on the faces of the proletariat and post it here, you feelthy capeetalist peegs!

8.565 (I made a Google Drive sheet to max out the savings), but that is the wrong way to calculate it.

I started off without a single IK desktop product, just some iOS things. So no crossgrade prices. I ended up with everything from Total Studio Max that I want, only missing a few things that I would never use.
In the current sale TS Max would cost me 719€ including taxes. I spent a total of 539€ including taxes in the group buy.

So my absolute savings for getting everything I want from IK vs. getting Total Studio Max outright is 180€.

So for me, the group buy was a very good deal, since that was probably the cheapest way of getting an extremely solid library of samples, instruments and effects. But stay real, you have to compare what you got to the sale and bundle prices IK offers otherwise.

Just be aware that the resale value is like 8 bucks… :D

Cost is a very nebulous concept at IK.
If I was to add up everything I grabbed, it would likely be in the same range.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

the real value is the plugins you actually need and would have purchased otherwise even without the group buy (or even plugins that you really wanted but couldn't afford).

Komplete 13 Value is 6,888$ if you buy the products separately but no one thinks that it's the actual value when purchasing the bundle (although Komplete 13 is probably the best value one can get for a bundle).

This just goes to show how easily companies can fool people to think that the value of the purchased items was so more higher than what it actually worths for them.

And yes, unlike Komplete 13 (if you bought discounted), the resale value in IK case would be almost nothing.

I already owned Total Studio 3 before the deal- It cost me more to buy Sampletron and then get the 'free stuff' I was missing in TS3 than if I had waited a week and upgraded my total studio 3 to 3.5 (and I would also have got Syntronic 2 and the new reverb) so I actually so I lost out on the group buy over just waiting (a couple of weeks as it happened!) and upgrading Total Studio!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 am I already owned Total Studio 3 before the deal- It cost me more to buy Sampletron and then get the 'free stuff' I was missing in TS3 than if I had waited a week and upgraded my total studio 3 to 3.5 (and I would also have got Syntronic 2 and the new reverb) so I actually so I lost out on the group buy over just waiting (a couple of weeks as it happened!) and upgrading Total Studio!
Wow, that's ass.

Well, aren't we an uncooperative bunch. This was just going to be a fun thread.

Being limited to the $150 tier actually accomplished what some of you mentioned: it kept me in the range of what I might buy normally. Most of what I got were individual T-Racks modules, they run from $50 to $130 or so and are items I would feasibly buy, as is T-Racks itself. I also got Amplitube 5 SE even though I don't really need any more guitar stuff, but it was also only $150. Same with Sampletank and Syntronik (though I got Syntronik Deluxe because of that previous owner thing).

So out of 25 choices most of mine were $100 or so individual processors for T-Racks and then a handful of $150 applications like Amplitube, Sampletank, and Syntronik, and a few items for use in those applications that combined pushed things just over $3k.

So I spent something like 225£. New software I’ll use frequently:
Amplitube
Fender collection 2
Mesa collection
X-gear pedals
Sunset sound
Tracks tape 99/24/440
Comprexxor
Space delay
Amplitube leslie
B3-x
Sampletron
Tracks deluxe
Mix box

I also got a bunch of things I may or may not end up using, but given that UA has gotten 300 out of me for a bundle of three plugins before, I feel very good about what i have from IK now and the value I received.

Nice. :tu:

I got the Fender Collection too, but I think it was the first one. I should have spoken more clearly, I don't need any more guitar stuff for high gain, heavy guitar work. I've got a couple of Neural DSP plugs to handle that. But I love the sound of a cranked Fender Deluxe, and a lot of Fender amps in general, so the Fender Collection should get some use.

And I will say that Amplitube 5 does seem to sound better overall than Amplitube 4 did. IK's new cab technology seems to be more realistic sounding. I haven't messed with it very much yet, but it's pretty apparent that it's an upgrade. Not going to make me drop the Neural stuff in favor of Amplitube, but I'm looking forward to coming up with some nice clean and overdriven tones with the Fenders.

Between Amplitube and the T-Racks stuff (and I only recently bought the SLO 100 from Neural) I've got so many new toys to try out I'm experiencing option paralysis.

For me the biggest value was really getting Sunset Sound Studios. Would never have bought that plugin on my own but was very pleasantly surprised with it. The 3 of 4 X-Gear pedals I got were nice late additions. Made a nice dent in Amplitube 5 modules but honestly, had most of what I wanted there already. Sampletron is a very different sounding take on Trons compared to M-Tron Pro. Everything else...nice to have I guess but nothing killer.

So yeah, that's where the value ended up. Not just in acquiring a bunch of stuff I won't actually use at a certain MSRP.

This thread requires math
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jamcat wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:12 am This thread requires math
Stay clear

I learner to never buy single ik products in the past, because they don’t recognise your existing software.
So I bought total Studio 2 Max on sale for $ 100 as upgrade for my t-rack Max and now updated for 170€ to total max 3.5

I came into the GB with nearly nothing IK and was fortunate to catch great deals (including a giveaway license early on and another purchase from someone in this thread) for a total spend of $98. If I count the "price" of everything I came out with in total, it's a shade over $9k; not counting a couple of duplicate licenses used to buy in, around $8650.

As for *actual* value, I've so far used Amplitube SE, the MODO SEs, Miroslav CE, Sunset Reverb and CInematic Percussion in (relative, hobbyist-level) anger, and I'm looking forward to checking out various amp/pedal sims, T-Racks modules, more of the ST instruments, Syntronic and ARC (once I pick up a mic). If I only ever manage to use one-tenth of what's in the bucket, it was still for me a ludicrously good deal.

Return to “Effects”