One Synth Challenge #154: Triple Cheese by u-he (schiing wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
bjporter
KVRAF
2658 posts since 19 Dec, 2010 from North America

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:05 pm

Submissions:
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... 154-triple

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #154! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

One of the greatest synths of all time returns with an amazing update! "Triple Cheese, winner of the 2006 KVR Developer Challenge, is a truly unique freeware synthesizer. No traditional oscillators or wavetables, no FM or phase distortion and no analogue modelled filters here. A touch unusual and a little cheesy, Triple Cheese is quite capable of some surprising sounds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzHLNP7DBYE

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact RichardSemper via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
We are offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): FXB Project, or JRR Shop (Uncle E)

NEW Additional Bonus Prize!
For the first Single Instance entry to make the top 5 a cash bonus of $50. (note: this prize may be carried forward to selected OSC challenges until it is won)

discoDSP : 1 copy of Discovery (Up to 2 winners may choose this)

KV331 Audio : Bundle of Synthmaster One + Synthmaster 2.x!

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

ChordPak.com : 1x Pro Pack (Up to 3 winners may choose this)

United Audio Artists : Scratch Master Pro (2 may be chosen per month)

Yuli Yolo Sound Design : (Top 3 Winners get this) Soundsets for Vital: Diversity, Bass Music Wavetables, Noises & Exciters

Luftrum : Two Choices: Either 1x NFR software license of either Bioscape or Lunaris, or two soundsets of choice

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

JRR Sounds: Any 1 soundset (This is a secondary prize, you may pick it as well as your main prize)

SoundGym : *NEW* 12 Month Subscription. (SoundGym is a
"technological, personalized and gamified audio learning environment")

JRR Shop : UVI: Digital Synsations (vintage 90's synth sample library and player)

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : 1 commercial sound bank as an extra prize on top of the regular first prize. See the main site here

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

Newloops.com : any 3 sound packs of choice (excluding bundles)

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice (except for the Future Chill and Space Trips expansions)

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions - Developers may be looking for artists to make music.
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing.
  • metapop - Has many competitions, with a soundcloud like interface where you can share, upload, get likes, comments, etc.
  • Mix Challenge - Join monthly recurring Songwriting Competitions (with a new theme/genre every month) and/or Mix(ing) Challenges (mixing multi-tracks from scratch). Win prizes!
  • Open Source Music Nexus Challenge - From the people who brought you the FM Challenge last year!
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:42 am, edited 4 times in total.

Eauson
KVRian
1213 posts since 9 Jan, 2013 from morf

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:10 pm

Cannot dL with mobile
https://u-he.com/downloads/latest-builds/triplecheese/

Edit
Thnx ElVincente 4👇 :tu:
Last edited by Eauson on Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

ElVincente
KVRist
203 posts since 22 Jun, 2019

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Double Tap
KVRist
393 posts since 9 Jun, 2020

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:05 pm

Brielliant choice.

functionform
KVRian
652 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:08 pm

Gouda on you!

ontrackp
KVRian
790 posts since 13 Jan, 2013 from United States

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:19 pm

Always love months with a U-he synth! How about paid plugs???

TheFrozenSea
KVRist
55 posts since 16 May, 2021

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Cool! I haven't tried this before but I've used the Zebralette in a song once and it sounded great, been wanting to return to that. So hopefully this delivers as well. The old GUI was quite "cheesy" I guess but this one's much more appealing to me

Taron
KVRAF
2806 posts since 17 Apr, 2010 from Croatia

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:58 am

Now here's a Christmas present if there ever was one! :hyper:
It would be tragic, if I missed this one, too. It's one of my most favorite synths. If you're at this one for the first time, you're in for an absolute treat!

ontrackp
KVRian
790 posts since 13 Jan, 2013 from United States

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:48 am

Hey Taron! Good to see you!

Taron
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:19 am

Yoh, thanks, ontrackp! I'm so sorry, I'm so absent again. I keep popping up here with the same general message, which is: I miss you guys! ...but the moment I'm really back with you all, life will have become great again! 8)

3lu5iv3
KVRist
373 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 am

does anyone know how to get kick and snare sounds out of this synth?
i tried but they all suck...
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

Taron
KVRAF

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 am

Snares can get rather beautiful with it, but kick was a bit limiting. I'll have to check what I did back then, but they all turned out quite well.

...woops. I think, something doesn't work well anymore?! I'd have to check with the old version, but my old kick acts up with multiple notes played back to back. :?
Last edited by Taron on Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

zarf
KVRian
581 posts since 20 Jan, 2013

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:53 am

3lu5iv3 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 am
I can't remember the synth layout yet without looking, but if you've not done so, I recommend listening to OSC116 for some examples of what can be achieved - there were some great tracks there I recall!
Maybe find some you like and ask again mentioning the tracks - the creators of the ones you like might be kind enough to give you a few pointers?

3lu5iv3
KVRist
373 posts since 24 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:56 am

zarf wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:53 am
3lu5iv3 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:21 am
I can't remember the synth layout yet without looking, but if you've not done so, I recommend listening to OSC116 for some examples of what can be achieved - there were some great tracks there I recall!
Maybe find some you like and ask again mentioning the tracks - the creators of the ones you like might be kind enough to give you a few pointers?
that's a good idea, thanx.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

briefcasemanx
KVRian
1050 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:53 am

Oh jeez Louise, this should be a fun one. Right when I'm RMA'ing my CPU though :(. Hope I can get it back in time to finish something, but probably not :(.

Have there been OSC's with external drums allowed?

Return to “Instruments”