UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

The only thing I dislike in Falcon is the crazy trick you have to set up in order to modulate a filter with an ADSR envelope.
It should be easy as sneezing, at first I almost couldn’t believe you needed all those steps...
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:01 pm The only thing I dislike in Falcon is the crazy trick you have to set up in order to modulate a filter with an ADSR envelope.
It should be easy as sneezing, at first I almost couldn’t believe you needed all those steps...
Right click and select ADSR from a list?

flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:03 pm
DJErmac wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:01 pm The only thing I dislike in Falcon is the crazy trick you have to set up in order to modulate a filter with an ADSR envelope.
Well, try it... :D
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 pm
flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:03 pm
Well, try it... :D
Ah, you mean something that is not on the keygroup level. I get what you mean now.

The problem with Falcon, its UI is all laid out with the guts of the synth. Users arent used to that sort of thing.

I think they should refine the UI with an "EASY MODE" layout in which you can drag and drop modulation sources to your destinations. The layout of everything is painful to work with. I feel as though the current layout should be considered an Edit mode where you can dig deep. There needs to be an "EASY MODE" in which the "INFO" panel is more than just a simple UI layout that conforms to each preset. Simply right clicking the INFO panel, should bring up a menu to choose sample or synth

For instance, you create a simple Analog Stack, well.....The INFO panel should reflect all parameters of the Analog stack, and all mod sources should be available to drag and drop of the left pane window in a dedicated menu

Singing Bowls in Falcon.
https://youtu.be/C6Kbv4ZG2VA

vertibration wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:26 pmUsers arent used to that sort of thing.
I thought "users" are buying Falcon exactly because of that.

digitallysane wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:05 am
vertibration wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:26 pmUsers arent used to that sort of thing.
I thought "users" are buying Falcon exactly because of that.
Exactly. it's for complex sound design. It is supposed to be complex! :)

Yes, its supposed to be complex. Im just saying I think there needs to be a more efficient main page to optimize access aside from its current layout. Wouldnt anyone be happy to get drag and drop modulation? C'mon man.......

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:53 am Exactly. it's for complex sound design. It is supposed to be complex! :)
If it's supposed to be for complex sound design then its priority should be helping you out manage that complexity.
vertibration wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:52 pm Yes, its supposed to be complex. Im just saying I think there needs to be a more efficient main page to optimize access aside from its current layout. Wouldnt anyone be happy to get drag and drop modulation? C'mon man.......
Exactly, and it's not only about drag and drop modulations...

There is drag and drop mod though?

Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 pm There is drag and drop mod though?
After you've clicked and scrolled a number of times...

You know how you look at something, and you just know in your gut it has room to be so much better than it is, thats the feeling I get with Falcon. It pains me to see it in its current form. I feel as though its like someone built an advanced cyborg, but the cyborg is missing its skin or outer later. You just see wires and gadgets.

Falcon needs more than just drag and drop I agree.

vertibration wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:09 am You know how you look at something, and you just know in your gut it has room to be so much better than it is, thats the feeling I get with Falcon. It pains me to see it in its current form. I feel as though its like someone built an advanced cyborg, but the cyborg is missing its skin or outer later. You just see wires and gadgets.

Falcon needs more than just drag and drop I agree.
IMO this is the main reason Falcon is not much more popular.

You'd think with all its features and capabilities it would dominate the media composing market, but it remains a minor player compared to Omnisphere, Kontakt, and Zebra.

pierb wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:01 pm
Biome_Digital wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:29 pm There is drag and drop mod though?
After you've clicked and scrolled a number of times...
You can drag from the modulation tab with one click though. Not saying things can't be improved, they can, but there is drag and drop mod and it's easier than half the synths I have.

I think the most confusing thing in falcon is the layer structure, not being able to modulate on some levels. Also, not having pitch in the osc is very confusing.

Return to “Instruments”