T-racks 5 - how to remove plugins you do not own

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pretty please with sugar on top. Come on, let's do this IK!!!

I love IK Multimedia!

Just keep them here incase you wanna demo and then buy them (IKM's thinking).

Sarcasm aside, I did actually appreciate the fact that the Tape Collection was already installed when I decided to buy it :lol: :clap:

LocksAreForQueers wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:19 pm
How about something like a button that toggles a filter, exactly like what you have in AmpliTube 5?
I really appreciate this feature, since it lets me quickly get to what I own and also check out exactly what I don't own at the click of a button.

Sample Tank can also hide libraries you haven't purchased. Why not with T-Racks?

Only reason why I haven't updated.

Having a bunch of plugins in my VST folder hat I don't own is weird. Should be fixed.

+1 to hiding stuff you don't own in T-Racks (standalone). And the option to hide what you do own.

There's no value to the customer having a cluttered UI, and when I'm in the process of working on something, no amount of pop-ups are going to make me think "you know what, instead of trying to get this task done, I'm going to drop everything to demo random stuff and just maybe buy some plugins instead". If I'm trying to complete a task, making it harder to complete that task simply reflects poorly on the software. That's not going to help drive sales, so it's a bad move if that's the purpose.

From a design point of view, you would be much better off catering to different use cases:
  • I want to master a track: Show me what is available, hide the fluff, let me work efficiently without clutter
  • I want to explore T-racks: Show me everything, or just what I don't own so I can try it out without searching through everything to find what I don't own (again, reduce clutter, make it easy to explore and demo)
I am not going to be doing both of those things at the same time. Right now, the design makes both tasks harder. Including the all-important demoing that is IK's primary focus. So even if that is the process you want to optimise, you can achieve that by optimising both processes. It's in your interests as much as ours. And then everyone wins.

Open a ticket......... :P

But on a serious note....the fact that this issue was first brought up in 2018 and the thread is still going tells us a lot..... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

+1 to hiding stuff you don't own in T-Racks standalone

I've never used T-RackS in standalone.
Why would anyone ever need to?
It doesn't even have a live input mode.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

poshook wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:37 pm Must be said, that IKM T-Racks installer is a piece of crap as there is no option to choose what plugins to install. This is soooo annoying especially during the IKM promotion. Every time I get new plugin as addition I have to reinstall whole 1.2GB package, then manually remove those plugins I do not use and this for all formats (VST2, VST3, AU) as I use all of them. I really do not understand why IKM uses this silly installation procedure.
quoting your 3+ year old post because wtf they haven't sorted this out yet. it's so completely stupid and annoying from a user's perspective. i go in and delete them from plug in folders and i don't install updates to the couple plugins i own because i don't want to have to deal with going into the folders and deleting. such a stupid process..

i should sell for pennies or give away the 2 plug ins i own just to remove this bs from my life.

nuke it from orbit

Hiding SampleTank expansions that have been bought but, for whatever reason, haven't been installed would be another feature on top of my list. It serves no purpose but to clutter the UI with annncasary noise. That doesn't really make for the best usability.

HAHAHAHAHA! My solution was easy: get them all in the Grope Buy! Now I don't have to hide any unuseable plugs....
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

A prime example of a company that doesn't care about their customers

Bombadil wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm HAHAHAHAHA! My solution was easy: get them all in the Grope Buy! Now I don't have to hide any unuseable plugs....
Total Studio upgrade for me. I gave IK all my money to get rid of the demos. Ha!! I totally showed them!! 8)

Wait a min... :o :ud:

Return to “Effects”