reFX Vanguard 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vanguard

Would we get a cross grade discount if we still own vanguard one Markus.. I personally would like to see a newer iteration of vanguard as a lone synth than it be incorporated into icarus unless th patches were compatible with icarus 1.6 which I still own

we shouldnt push Markus too much haha :D, i would be glad if we could load up the presets in a new plugin of Tone2 but with the same character sound. somehow Vanguard sounds dirty and old school which i love, we got plenty clean sounding vssts nowadays.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Vanguard always reminds me of Rob Papen verses LinPlug Albino or was it LinPlug verses Rob Papen Albino? Probably never going to be a Vanguard V2. I'd probably upgrade though if it ever happened.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 pm we shouldnt push Markus too much haha :D, i would be glad if we could load up the presets in a new plugin of Tone2 but with the same character sound. somehow Vanguard sounds dirty and old school which i love, we got plenty clean sounding vssts nowadays.
Than you can keep your old vanguard - works perfect with jbridge

Caine123 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:21 pm we shouldnt push Markus too much haha :D, i would be glad if we could load up the presets in a new plugin of Tone2 but with the same character sound. somehow Vanguard sounds dirty and old school which i love, we got plenty clean sounding vssts nowadays.
On the other hand... a true "oldschool" sounding soft synth would be great to have, with all those super clean, pristine high end plugins out there. ;)

converter for presets and complete soundbanks would be wonderful

I would just love a 64 bit Vanguard, with a slightly updated engine (to reflect newer richer sound technology...ooooh what is that? ha ha ha).

JonSolo wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:05 am I would just love a 64 bit Vanguard, with a slightly updated engine (to reflect newer richer sound technology...ooooh what is that? ha ha ha).
+++1 from me

If this had a minimalist interface like Vanguard had, I would be the first to purchase!

Loved Vanguard.

It's probably the easiest synth to get "big" sounds out of.

The trance gate is still one of the best sounding trance gates out there. I've had a few since but whatever envelope they used for the gate was just perfect. Not too clicky or too soft.

Nemesis has a more advanced version of Vanguard's Trancegate (I am the developer of both synths)
https://www.tone2.com/nemesis.html

Does it even work bridged these days ? Anyone still have it ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

On PC it should still work with a bit bridge. On the Mac this will not longer work, as(s) Apple kicked 32bit support

Well, people exactly love Vanguard how it is. A pity you are not willing to organize a 64bit build with Refx... Actually I know quite a bunch of people who esp. like(d) Vanguard :)

Markus Krause wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:02 am Nemesis has a more advanced version of Vanguard's Trancegate (I am the developer of both synths)
https://www.tone2.com/nemesis.html
The one in Icarus2 is pretty cool also. :)

Return to “Instruments”