IK Group Buyers! What's the total value of your haul?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I feel I got an incredible value in the IKMM 25th Anniversary group buy. Every project I have worked on since I got them has used a bunch of those tools and sounds. Grateful they ran it how they did.

Mind Riot wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:29 pm Well, aren't we an uncooperative bunch.
Welcome to KVR!

To be less flippant, I don't think I'm going to use much more than Amplitude and Modo Drum, but that's fine by me. I selected the last seven or so products almost at random from the T-Racks stuff.

Agreed wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 am I feel I got an incredible value in the IKMM 25th Anniversary group buy. Every project I have worked on since I got them has used a bunch of those tools and sounds. Grateful they ran it how they did.
Yea same, no argument on the quality of the stuff here. I have been using IK products in everything I did since I got it. My current favorites:

ST 4: Cinekinetik
Modo Drums
Modo Bass
Sampletron II
Tracks 5: SSS Reverb, Space Delay, SSL Channel, Comprexxor ...
MixBox

Yea, I have used most of it so far in some capactiy. I feel I made a superb deal here, no question about that.

The only things I didn’t get were two microphones from AmpliTube 5 and some of the sampletank libraries which I don’t actually even want (techno, trap etc). It was effectively one €199 buy in (UNO SYNTH), two €99 buy ins and one at €49.

I didn’t pay that much though! Not even close. I’m very happy and a lot of the IK software has exceeded my expectations given the flak and sniffiness they often get around these parts.

Sampletank 4 being upgraded to M1 so soon after, for free, has been a big bonus too.

Shipwreck piano is one of my surprise stand outs.

sacer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:33 am I learner to never buy single ik products in the past, because they don’t recognise your existing software.
So I bought total Studio 2 Max on sale for $ 100 as upgrade for my t-rack Max and now updated for 170€ to total max 3.5
hast the way to do it...just stay on the MAX updates )especially now they have introduced an interim 0.5 you don't have to wait long!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This was the best audio promotion I’ve ever seen. I got in with with some jam points and gear credit help with an amplitude 5 upgrade and went from there. I was completely surprised when the x gear software pedals were made available and grabbed 3 of them . I picked up the few t-racks I didn’t have, a couple of amplitude signatures, Syntronix Deluxe, comprexxor, Arc 3, Mix Buss And a Sampletron II , sample tank library or two. Somehow still have jampoints and some left over gear credits. I won’t put a dollar value on it but I’ll say I got some very nice gear that I would likely have passed on otherwise. I’ll use a good portion of it which is where the real value can be found.

I didn't end up hitting the Group Buy as I only recently cross graded to their Total Studio Max 3. Actually, that would be 3.5 as of Black Friday Sales. I ended up caving and getting an upgrade to Syntronik too.

I'm actually liking the idea of having some of the more less common exotic synths to the collection. It helps contribute more of a unique sound. Especially when blending the different timbres. The new, more flexible editor was on of the big win overs for me too.

My faves are Amplitube 5 with a pile of add-on collections. Makes it a challenge to top, because it is very good. All it needs, imo is ARM Native.
The trackS modules I use the most I already owned, but looking forward to playing with the Comprexxor.
I'm pleasantly surprised by the B3X and Sampletron 2. ARM Native, please!
I will now start using Sampletank more because it's been ported to M1 native. This means I can now use Sampletron 2 and Miro 2 natively, which are the instruments within Sampletank I'll use the most. Since the vast majority of FX I use are IK, I hope I can use them in my Logic native template. Soon. The difference in performance in Sampletank running through Rosetta and running natively is significant.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I gotta admit I had real problems selecting the "free" stuff, I had most of the T-Racks stuff that was of interest to me anyway, and several Amplitube collections, and for a lot of their stuff, especially their sample libraries and instruments, or Syntronik, I have no use for. In the end I actually ended up with some stuff I'll probably rarely, if ever, user.
I really do like the Sunset reverb, the comprexxor can be useful, as do the two Tapes (well, when I get a much more powerful CPU), the Elektrik CP70 is really pretty, and the Hammond and Sampletron are nice to have.
Not sure about MODO Drum, don't really like the sound of it. Bit disappointed from the Fender 2 Collection, I find it hard to get nice clean sounds from them, they break up really easy, and that's a sound I don't really like. Maybe that's true to the amp models, don't know shit about vintage Fender amps, but not my taste.

So was it worth it? Maybe. Dunno.

I bought the Amplitube 5 SE to AT5 upgrade with a voucher for €100 (a €200 value). With that I got, as freebies, about €2,200 of gear. Will I use a lot of it? Probably not but there's stuff there that's pretty cool! I topped up everything in Amplitube and got a bunch of other stuff so I'm very pleased with the group buy.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

SLiC wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:17 am I already owned Total Studio 3 before the deal- It cost me more to buy Sampletron and then get the 'free stuff' I was missing in TS3 than if I had waited a week and upgraded my total studio 3 to 3.5 (and I would also have got Syntronic 2 and the new reverb) so I actually so I lost out on the group buy over just waiting (a couple of weeks as it happened!) and upgrading Total Studio!
Yeah, well, that's IK for ya!

Btw, don't really need it but my upgrade to Total Studio 3.5 is in the 300 eur ballpark. I don't care for SampleTank 4 and Syntronik at all but it would get me

- Modo Bass
- more tape machines (I only have the 440)
- Hammond
- Leslie
- Amplitube 5 (I have v4 now)
- SampleTron 2 (I AM a TRON WWHORE)

Not bad. Not bad.

k

I feed got an incredible value from IK on this. I joined twice - once at 299 and once at 49. The hardest part was identifying what I actually own, so I'd know what to pick. I noticed that Custom Shop doesn't actually reflect what I own - for example, it claimed I didn't own some of the AmpliTube packs, but according to the AmpliTube plugin itself I owned everything in that pack (I confirmed they weren't in demo mode). So, I had to be careful to not 'buy' what I already owned.

Well, everyone should remember, including myself, that IK didn't twist our arms to go in on this.
I dunno if I'll use MODObass. I have 2 basses and can play them adequately. Don't know various techniques like slap, so if the occasion arises where I need that sound, I can extract the midi with Melodyne and use the sounds, which I think are very good.
MODOdrum, imo, would need to be a teeny bit back in the mix to enhance its illusion of real samples/drums.
I have yet to try the Neve emulations. I didn't bother buying any 'mics' I own a few very good ones, which are entirely useless for mic'ing a virtual drum kit….
I wish the Amplitube MAX modules had been available a few days before they were, so I wouldn't be stuck with the Trance Sampletank module.
Also, there were technical issues with installing things with Sampletank 3 installers on my M1 mini. The installers were DOA in the mini. Trying to import the sounds manually has left me with 3 patches where only 1 should be, the 2 going to dead ends. Since 1 of them is pointed in the right direction, I am hesitant to try to eliminate the dead links.
But it was a very good sale. Value, as I think has been said, depends on how much use you get out of stuff.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

SLiC wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:20 am
sacer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:33 am I learner to never buy single ik products in the past, because they don’t recognise your existing software.
So I bought total Studio 2 Max on sale for $ 100 as upgrade for my t-rack Max and now updated for 170€ to total max 3.5
hast the way to do it...just stay on the MAX updates )especially now they have introduced an interim 0.5 you don't have to wait long!
There is no 3.5 anymore - it’s now 4.0
It’s a typical bad move from ik multimedia that you are kept still to total max 3 and have to pay higher upgrade to 5.0

I still see 3.5 as the current offering on their site.

Return to “Effects”