Avid PT Ultimate Trial & charging (Solved)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
Does anyone tried Protools demo or trial version before?
I tried to contact them regarding cancellation but no one is responding.
I also can't access my account they have problem with there system that
it can't identify my login info, this is really terrible, they don't have any phone call support either nothing.

If my trial ends do they automatically charge the subscription amount?
BTW I didn't add any of my card info.
Last edited by horizon7 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:58 pm Hello,
it can't identify my login info, this is really terrible, they don't have any phone call support either nothing.

How can they charge you if they have no card or direct debit info?

All they can do is contact you through email which you say is not working, so that seems a dead end as well. And if push came to shove, just show them your posts on this forum and how you tried to sort it out. Its easy to say stop worrying, but its difficult to see what they can do.

I take it that you have used the facility on their website to help you to make a new password?

*edit: I have just looked on their website and they have a live chat facility, why not use that and tell them your problem?
Last edited by dellboy on Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why yet another topic about it?

dellboy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:20 pm
horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:58 pm Hello,

How can they charge you if they have no card or direct debit info?

All they can do is contact you through email which you say is not working, so that seems a dead end as well. And if push came to shove, just show them your posts on this forum and how you tried to sort it out. Its easy to say stop worrying, but its difficult to see what they can do.

I take it that you have used the facility on their website to help you to make a new password?

*edit: I have just looked on their website and they have a live chat facility, why not use that and tell them your problem?
No they didn't contacted me there for I didn't receive any human email after I filled out the form, you didn't read what I wrote above? I said "I also can't access my account" how could I access the forum if I can't access my account?

Look at my attachment
did you believe now?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:24 pm Why yet another topic about it?
What do you mean by "Why yet another topic about it?" Is my topic about suggesting
another topic or you are just joking.

horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:10 pm
MirkoVanHauten wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:24 pm Why yet another topic about it?
What do you mean by "Why yet another topic about it?" Is my topic about suggesting
another topic or you are just joking.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=574109

horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm
No they didn't contacted me there for I didn't receive any human email after I filled out the form, you didn't read what I wrote above? I said "I also can't access my account" how could I access the forum if I can't access my account?

Look at my attachment
did you believe now?
No one said I did not believe you, why on earth would I think that? I am just trying to help.

And why are you trying to contact them through the forum? You need to talk to some one in sales to cancel something. Here is the link to there sales chat line where you can talk to them and tell them your problem.................

https://www.avid.com/contact-online-store

dellboy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:17 pm
horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 pm

Look at my attachment
did you believe now?

No one said I did not believe you, why on earth would I think that? I am just trying to help.

And why are you trying to contact them through the forum? You need to talk to some one in sales to cancel something. Here is the link to there sales chat line where you can talk to them and tell them your problem.................

https://www.avid.com/contact-online-store

You mentioned about why am I contacting the forum, how may I solve my case when the human support aren't present, how may I describe my issue to whom?
it's a common sense to contact there community. at least one effective answer from them will make thing easier.

I already contacted avid audio department in different ways via customer care, email, sales, store, telephone. they closed most of there contact channels except for purchased items & post sales support.

I hope you're convinced now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sue them! The bastards!

horizon7 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:31 pm

You mentioned about why am I contacting the forum, how may I solve my case when the human support aren't present, how may I describe my issue to whom?
it's a common sense to contact there community. at least one effective answer from them will make thing easier.

I already contacted avid audio department in different ways via customer care, email, sales, store, telephone. they closed most of there contact channels except for purchased items & post sales support.

I hope you're convinced now.
I am not sure what it is that I an supposed to be convinced about. I agree that its next to impossible to contact Avid by all the normal means of communication, but as to why you feel you even need to is quite baffling to me. You took out a "free trial", so its free and is now ended. You did not give them any credit card information because the trial is "free".

I see that you had already started a thread on this same subject which explains your dilemma, and that everyone has already tried to convince you to stop worrying about, it will be fine,the trial was "free" and is now expired.

With your experience, which resembles mine with two clients of mine, just avoid them by all means. There is nothing left to recommend ProTools as long there is that nice ProTools skin for Reaper…
Its cheaper to hire a personal trainer to teach you another DAW in case you are too much bound into Avids business model…
Any professional studio should make a switch once and forever…

Tj Shredder wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:32 pm With your experience, which resembles mine with two clients of mine, just avoid them by all means. There is nothing left to recommend ProTools as long there is that nice ProTools skin for Reaper…
Its cheaper to hire a personal trainer to teach you another DAW in case you are too much bound into Avids business model…
Any professional studio should make a switch once and forever…
Yeah sticking with one or 2 DAW’s is enough which avoids a big headache working on many of them. Most of DAWs having the same idea & the creativity is existing in all DAWs even in free ones.
Last edited by horizon7 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

At last I canceled my trial after Avid contacted me regarding cancellation.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”