Studio One users... You staying or going?

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
User avatar
cryophonik
KVRAF
7554 posts since 7 Sep, 2006 from Roseville, CA

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:27 am

flori89 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:50 am
Just joking, but what happened to Logic is pretty much the sum of all fears that Studio One Users have.
Not ALL S1 users... I'm totally fine if Fender decides to make it Mac-only. :P :lol:

chk071
KVRAF
30589 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:36 am

And I don't worry at all about Studio One going Mac only... why would such angst-ridden behavior be a common thing every user is supposed to have?
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

flori89
KVRist
195 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:53 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:21 am
flori89 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:50 am
ozinga wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:16 am
ls1xxx wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:30 am
This here is going to be the same scenario like when Gibson bought Opcode i'm afraid. :(
Well, Apple bought E-magic and Yamaha Steinberg, and both Cubase and Logic going pretty well. So you never know
You might not want to bring up Logic in that context. People mit get PTSD from that. Just joking, but what happened to Logic is pretty much the sum of all fears that Studio One Users have.
What happened to Logic is great! It's better than ever!
Guess guitar players might be going to same about Studio One.

jonljacobi
KVRAF
1770 posts since 16 Jan, 2013 from USA

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:07 pm

chk071 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:36 am
Hewitt Huntwork wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:08 am
A few years ago when Sonar became too unstable for me, I thought long and hard about where to turn and I picked S1.
It's still unstable. People say that it's much more stable since Bandlab took over, but, it still crashes.
I found it had become unusable right around the Gibson thing and well after. It's not my DAW, but my last few tests with it haven't crashed once. What do you do to crash it?

Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:50 pm

BONES wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:54 pm
wuworld wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:30 am
Your gonna care if Fender decides to raise the prices or start making changes that you don't like.
Why? It works now, I paid what I paid for it and I don't care if it never gets updated again so if Fender put upgrade prices up or include thigs that I don't think are worth paying for, I just won't upgrade. Pretty simple, really, same as it was before Fender bought them.

That said, I'm pretty sure Fender bought Presonus for what Presonus can do for them, not for what they think they can do for Presonus, so they'd be stupid to interfere more than absolutely necessary.
Studio One will become the GarageBand of the PC world. A dumbed down DAW for guitar nimrods who want to replace their Fostex 4-track with stoopid recording software on their 8 year old laptop.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

flori89
KVRist
195 posts since 19 Aug, 2021

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 am

I mean they already have that, it's calles Studio One Prime. I would expect that they will make a bundle that comes with Fender products that is geared towards guitar players. Prime with Ampire and a few offical Fender models or something similar. And why not, creates reach for the DAW and brings in new users. Win win.

My concern are mostly that they are going to pull out development resources for things that are not guitar related.

Qkimat
KVRist
112 posts since 22 May, 2020

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:14 am

Gadget Fiend wrote: (...)
Studio One will become the GarageBand of the PC world. A dumbed down DAW for guitar nimrods who want to replace their Fostex 4-track with stoopid recording software on their 8 year old laptop.
I hope not. I think S1 is a great all'rounder, with a lot to offer. The workflow simply fits me, both for my music making as a hobby, and for sound design for video. I feel like S1 is not leaning in any particular direction, like Ableton, or Reaper, and I like it that way. Wouldn't want it to go the "demo recording for dummies" way, but then again, they would have to break a lot of things which already work well for that to happen, and that seems unlikely to me.

User avatar
antic604
KVRAF
11129 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:38 am

I'm going. To stay.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

trusampler
KVRian
1403 posts since 2 Jul, 2007

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:50 am

Give us a tag based browser for our USER content..n I'll stay
Cpu:Win10/Intel Core i9-10900K Console:Tascam Model 24
Interface:Slate VMS/Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core
Synths: Sequential Prophet 10|OB-6/Roland Fantom 7/Deepmind 12/Virus TI2 61//Hologram Electronics Microcosm/Akai MPC X

THE INTRANCER
KVRAF
2522 posts since 30 Dec, 2014

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:32 pm

Providing Studio One can still be activated to use, I'll continue with Studio One 4.6 Pro. It does pretty much everything that I practically need as a music production program. Anything else other than a revolutionary leap in GUI design is not going to make me want to upgrade other than a video timeline track and 3D surround sound.
THE INTRANCER - KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source A Styler Site | Program Resource | Music Gallery | Art | GUI Design | Films | Music Legend Docs | 80's Kids Shows | Games | DAW Tutorials | Soundcloud 28 | Soundclick 16

User avatar
BONES
GRRRRRRR!
12705 posts since 14 Jun, 2001 from Somewhere else, on principle

Post Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:51 pm

Gadget Fiend wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:50 pm
Studio One will become the GarageBand of the PC world. A dumbed down DAW for guitar nimrods who want to replace their Fostex 4-track with stoopid recording software on their 8 year old laptop.
Why? Because that's what you wish? Grow up. You do understand that Fostex supplies speakers for iPhones and iPods, Sennheiser headphones and half-a-dozen different Android phone manufacturers, right? They are more successful today than they ever were when they sold 4-track cassette recorders. If Presonus ends up where Fostex is, I'll be well pleased.
NOVAkILL : Zenbook Duo, Core i7, 16GB RAM, Win10(64), Evo8 | Studio One | JP6K, Union, Hexeract, bx_oberhausen, Odyssey, TRK-01, Vacuum Pro, Invader, Concept, GR-8, Thorn, Equator, Olga, VG Iron | Uno Pro, Uno, Rocket.

Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:28 pm

BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:51 pm
Gadget Fiend wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:50 pm
Studio One will become the GarageBand of the PC world. A dumbed down DAW for guitar nimrods who want to replace their Fostex 4-track with stoopid recording software on their 8 year old laptop.
Why? Because that's what you wish? Grow up. You do understand that Fostex supplies speakers for iPhones and iPods, Sennheiser headphones and half-a-dozen different Android phone manufacturers, right? They are more successful today than they ever were when they sold 4-track cassette recorders. If Presonus ends up where Fostex is, I'll be well pleased.
BONES, why do you continue to embarrass yourself (maybe because you're an idiot)? My post had NOTHING to do with the success (or failure) of Fostex.

Rather, it only stands to reason that a guitar manufacturer (Fender) will tailor the features of Studio One to its target audience: technologically unsophisticated guitar players. Grow some brain cells, doofus.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

User avatar
jamcat
KVRian
1343 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:08 pm

Gadget Fiend wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:28 pm
BONES wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:51 pm
Gadget Fiend wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:50 pm
Studio One will become the GarageBand of the PC world. A dumbed down DAW for guitar nimrods who want to replace their Fostex 4-track with stoopid recording software on their 8 year old laptop.
Why? Because that's what you wish? Grow up. You do understand that Fostex supplies speakers for iPhones and iPods, Sennheiser headphones and half-a-dozen different Android phone manufacturers, right? They are more successful today than they ever were when they sold 4-track cassette recorders. If Presonus ends up where Fostex is, I'll be well pleased.
BONES, why do you continue to embarrass yourself (maybe because you're an idiot)? My post had NOTHING to do with the success (or failure) of Fostex.

Rather, it only stands to reason that a guitar manufacturer (Fender) will tailor the features of Studio One to its target audience: technologically unsophisticated guitar players. Grow some brain cells, doofus.
Just between you and me, you should really give up public debate. It's not your forte.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 pm

jamcat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:08 pm
Just between you and me, you should really give up public debate. It's not your forte.
Just between you and me, I make $250,000 a year engaging in a much more high minded form of "public debate." So it is in fact my forte.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

User avatar
jamcat
KVRian
1343 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:15 pm

Gadget Fiend wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:04 pm
jamcat wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:08 pm
Just between you and me, you should really give up public debate. It's not your forte.
Just between you and me, I make $250,000 a year engaging in a much more high minded form of "public debate." So it is in fact my forte.
Of course you do. We can see just how valuable and high minded you are. :clap:
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”