Waves WUP and HiDPI compatibility in V13 - question

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got a new computer and 4K monitor. I am using the HiDPI setting in Nuendo / Cubase. Wow! That looks great. But... Most of my Waves plugins are version 11. They don't scale correctly so they are very, very small on the screen.

For anyone running Waves V13, are ALL plugins scaling correctly now? Even if they are not hi resolution, having them bigger would make them useful. I'm at the point of trying to decide if I keep using the Waves plugins and update WUP ($240) or just use the other plugins I own and drop all my Waves stuff. The Deesser, MV2, RBass and a few others are really the only ones I use on a regular basis, but I hate to think that I lose all the money I've invested so far. If they had a 50% discount on WUP, it would be a non-issue but $240 is a lot to spend on virtually nothing, other than HiDPI support.

Yeah from what I can tell. I only wish there was a size in between 100 and 125. Increasing the UI by a quarter can be a pretty big jump. Adding options like 110 and even 90 may seem insignificant, but sometimes its just what you need.

I've put in the request a little while back, but haven't seen any changes.

trmupstage wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:10 pm For anyone running Waves V13, are ALL plugins scaling correctly now? Even if they are not hi resolution, having them bigger would make them useful.
I think you have it right. All will scale, but something like 10 [or possibly fewer] have hi-resolution graphics, so larger sizes will make all the non-HiDPI graphic plugins blurry.

I'm sort of ok with blurry but not ok with super tiny.
Thanks for the help

Return to “Effects”