Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

km15616 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:25 am Don't have time for this though, MUTE.
Oh the irony

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

km15616 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:27 am ROLAND CLOUD IS BY FAR THE WORST PLUGIN I HAVE EVER USED OUT OF HUNDREDS. WORKED FOR LITERALLY ONE DAY THEN STARTED GETTING RCM AUTHORIZATION ERROR, CLOUD COMPLETELY STOPPED OPENING WOULD DOUBLE CLICK AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WOULD HAPPEN (NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE IN MY 30 YEARS OF USING COMPUTERS), STUCK IN DEMO, NO PRESETS LOADING ON TOP OF TAKING FOREVER TO LOAD. LIKE IT IS EMBARRASSING THERE ARE 247 PAGES AND 3,000 PLUS COMMENTS ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE THIS PRODUCT IS. THEY SHOULD REMOVE IT AND ISSUE REFUNDS UNTIL THEY GET IT RIGHT. THE DEVELOPERS SHOULD BE BLACKLISTED FROM THE INDUSTRY FOR ACTUALLY THINKING THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE PLUGIN WAS UP TO RELEASE STANDARDS. FOR REAL GO CHOKE ON TURKEY ROLAND CLOUD DEVELOPERS.ULTIMATE USER, YEAH MORE LIKE WOULD ULTIMATELY RATHER OFF MY SELF THEN USE ROLAND CLOUD.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

beely wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:25 pm How many JD-800 sysex banks are there available online? Just wondering whether it's worth making a SYX to BIN convertor for the JD800, but if there's only a few banks around, it's probably not worth the effort... especially as the expansion PCM cards/banks are not in the plugin (which seems a strange omission...)
I for one would appreciate such a converter, there are so many JMJ patches for the JD-800 that would also be useful in the VST form

Maybe someone knows the answer to this...,
In terms of patches and sound generation, what is the difference between the mc-101 and Roland Cloud Core which includes Zenology? If I am simply running a 101 into a daw and sequencing it from the daw, is there much difference between it and just running zenology? I originally thought I would take advantage of the mc-101's portability but that hasn't happened.

I'm currently subscribed to Roland Cloud Pro so I don't know what exactly what Core offers. If I were to keep subscribing to Roland Pro, I don't see a huge need to keep the mc-101. The 101 has some performance capabilities and the sequencer but since I'm sitting at the daw anyways, that's not a super high priority.

I had no problems with the Roland cloud at all.
I spent a month with the free demos, and everything worked great.
I purchased Zenology pro and a lot of the cheaper sounds for it, and love it.
No problems at all. Loads fast too. I'm on an mbp m1.

sluggo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:33 am Maybe someone knows the answer to this...,
In terms of patches and sound generation, what is the difference between the mc-101 and Roland Cloud Core which includes Zenology? If I am simply running a 101 into a daw and sequencing it from the daw, is there much difference between it and just running zenology? I originally thought I would take advantage of the mc-101's portability but that hasn't happened.

I'm currently subscribed to Roland Cloud Pro so I don't know what exactly what Core offers. If I were to keep subscribing to Roland Pro, I don't see a huge need to keep the mc-101. The 101 has some performance capabilities and the sequencer but since I'm sitting at the daw anyways, that's not a super high priority.
Since you don't need the MC-101's portability, you'll be better off using Zenology. Unless you need model expansions, buying a Lifetime Key for Zenology Pro for $229 makes more sense than spending $99 year after year. If you need EXZ expansion boards, you can spend $29 a year to get a Core membership.

sluggo wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:33 am Maybe someone knows the answer to this...,

The difference between the MC 101 and the Zenology is that the presets don't sound the same since the Zenology and Zen Pro only have 1 insert effect and no Reverb.

I bought Zenology Pro when it came out and Sold my MC 101 thinking it would be the same but i was very dissapointed because of the difference and i would be very happy if they added the JD800 Effect section + the mfx to get closer to the true zen core capabilities.

I do love Zen Pro for what it is and you can create your own Effect template in your daw to get closer to the sound of the MC 101 but they should have done it right from the beginning and not skipped some corners.

That is why i use the SRX more for the Rompler sounds and the Zenology for other stuff.

Finaero wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:22 pm
beely wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:25 pm How many JD-800 sysex banks are there available online? Just wondering whether it's worth making a SYX to BIN convertor for the JD800, but if there's only a few banks around, it's probably not worth the effort... especially as the expansion PCM cards/banks are not in the plugin (which seems a strange omission...)
I for one would appreciate such a converter, there are so many JMJ patches for the JD-800 that would also be useful in the VST form
Even with just the ones listed, on the Bobby Blues website, it's a fair number of patches (must be upwards of 5,000) out there. The Persing signature ones have a slightly mythical status due to being a "Japan only" release at the time.

I don't think it's a coincidence, that the D-50 is the only one Roland offer hardware import on, either. Put another way, without Beely's efforts, I doubt the present D50 plugin would feature the option. So thanks Beely :) Unfortunately, without "similar prompting" (and even with) I'm not sure we'll see hardware import offered for the JD800, because it's ultimately in Roland's interests to keep users more reliant on the sounds they will provide via Roland Cloud.

I just got emailed by Roland Cloud’s “Manager of Customer Success”.
Nice to know some people can still afford cocaine.

Are you safe?

Oh man...where is my email? ha.

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am I just got emailed by Roland Cloud’s “Manager of Customer Success”.
Roland is trolling us. That sounds right out of:

https://www.bullshitjob.com/title/

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 am I just got emailed by Roland Cloud’s “Manager of Customer Success”.
Did he reprimand you and say you've got to pull your success numbers up or they will let you go as a customer?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Hey, WatchTheGuitar! That's our guy Sean. He routinely follows up with members about issues to make sure that they are getting assistance they need. If he followed up with you, your account may have been flagged for followup to make sure that everything is working for you, or to see if you had feedback about an issue that you may have requested support about.

Sean and I work together weekly to log all of the member feedback from these forums to track feature and instrument requests and track any potential service issues. He's a good dude, and he works hard to take care of the entire Roland Cloud community, so feel free to let him know if you have input. Thanks!

They usually take a while to answer support emails, at least in my experience. My last email took them almost a month to respond. But at least I received an answer to my question. :)

All it was was apparently I hadn’t been glowing in my survey response though it was more like a C- than the sort of report card some on here may have given. If he’d followed up when the survey was done, ages ago, I might have remembered specifics but no idea really.
Think my main issue with the email was anyone having that job title. That sort of earnestness doesn’t play well round my way. :)

Are you safe?

Return to “Instruments”