Roli: Equator 2 is here !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

himalaya wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:58 pm Many of these feature requests are on the to-do list. You haven't seen them implemented yet due to massive amounts of work done on some other parts of Equator2. Some huge new developments.
That's good to hear, though it would have been nice if the extremely useful smaller features that are easier to implement, like user sample folders, would have ben done first.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:57 pm https://roli.com/products/sound-store/o ... -ensembles

Sounds impressive!
It looks interesting but it seems no listing of what it actually includes? It says "52 x MPE and 51 x Standard presets, and 497.4 MB of sample content." So what are they? Any solo instruments or all ensembles? Only half a gig, hmmm.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:04 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:57 pm https://roli.com/products/sound-store/o ... -ensembles

Sounds impressive!
It looks interesting but it seems no listing of what it actually includes? It says "52 x MPE and 51 x Standard presets, and 497.4 MB of sample content." So what are they? Any solo instruments or all ensembles? Only half a gig, hmmm.
I think it could be both solo instruments and ensembles considering there are 51 presets. Even if it is just ensembles we will hopefully have control over the layers via the oscillator. I think it could be a nice addition for when you need to use orchestral elements in your production and not making/wanting a realistic classical orchestral score. Although it does sound good enough for quick scoring too. So, this would be similar to someone picking a Nexus Hollywood expansion except better I think since you can do so much more in Equator2. While $60 is not expensive, I might wait for the soundpack sale. Not sure if they will do a sale soon though.

I was looking for the update list for 2.2.2, but in their Forum it mentions v2.2.1 and AFAIK that post is from a month ago.
https://support.roli.com/support/discus ... 6000022136

At the top it says:
"Equator2.2.2 Update Released"
But then below that it says:
"Today we've released another update to Equtor2 - version 2.2.1!"

It's a bit confusing. :?

Equator 2.3 update is now available.

https://support.roli.com/support/discus ... 6000022727
Equator2.3.0 Release notes

New Features

- Added Playlist and Edit Playlist views to the main preset browser

- Added 27 Factory Playlists, covering a wide range of styles

Bugs Fixed

- Damping Frequency parameter is trimmed

- "Gate On-Off" Multi-mod Preset nodes are duplicated

- Filter "Cut-off" parameter default should be 1KHz

- Some preset names are trimmed on Preset Browser list

- Soundpacks disappearing from browsers

- Improved Tooltips

Is it that hard to add user sample folders?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:16 pm Is it that hard to add user sample folders?
Support told me they are looking forward to introduce it "soon" in a future update.

Meanwhile, Arturia already introduced User Sample Folder in Pigments 3.5 within the same year.

I get it, Roli may have a smaller team than Arturia, but Pigments keep getting updated with interesting updates and not just UI improvements and bug fixes.

Still all love though. :D
Last edited by SawtoothWavee on Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I suspect new Rise Models in 2022 it would explain the delays..

SawtoothWavee wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:20 am Support told me they are looking forward to introduce it "soon" in a future update.
Support told me that years ago with Equator 1.
Roli just has the wrong attitude programmingwise.
This is one of the things that a sample based instrument needs to have in version 1.0.
And it's definitely not rocket science.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I really like Equator 2, but I don't like the copy protection. It phones home to check all the time apparently, and it needs Roli Connect running to do this. So choosing not to run Roli Connect results in Equator asking you to reauthorize. There are times when I'm outside the range of the internet and still work on music, I think I should sell this before I get too frustrated.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:27 pm
SawtoothWavee wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:20 am Support told me they are looking forward to introduce it "soon" in a future update.
Support told me that years ago with Equator 1.
Roli just has the wrong attitude programmingwise.
This is one of the things that a sample based instrument needs to have in version 1.0.
And it's definitely not rocket science.
Jesus. I didn't know this was requested for a long time. I am new Roli user since this year so..

machinesworking wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 6:21 pm I really like Equator 2, but I don't like the copy protection. It phones home to check all the time apparently, and it needs Roli Connect running to do this. So choosing not to run Roli Connect results in Equator asking you to reauthorize. There are times when I'm outside the range of the internet and still work on music, I think I should sell this before I get too frustrated.
Would that mean it will not work without internet connection? That would kill its use for gigs. Then its better to stick with version 1… You don’t want to risk a missing instrument on stage…

These days it phones home more often than it used to earlier. It should strictly be once in 30 days, which it does not seem to be. Perhaps they need to fix this or at least verify this on priority.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:37 am These days it phones home more often than it used to earlier. It should strictly be once in 30 days, which it does not seem to be. Perhaps they need to fix this or at least verify this on priority.
I don't know how often it's phoning home, but I'm not interested in running Roli Connect, a Rosetta basically advertisement, all the time to get it not to phone home. I'm using this transition to the M1 Macbook Air here as an opportunity to cut out software I don't use or that has terrible copy protection schemes, and frankly phoning home to verify, is a terrible copy protection scheme. I would rather use an iLok dongle even.

Return to “Instruments”