Rebranding - need opinion...

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey my name is Vellislav,www people know me as Velltone.
I spend last three years of research and experimentation developing new sonic technology called 'Nonlinear dynamics' - flexibility of real time shaping.
Didn't start with intention to create a technology,just trying to improve dynamic,modulations and harmonic content,but things already are far beyond i expected in the beginning and need a name.
I think to mark every new set made with this technology with new brand name to differentiate them from old stuff i did,which less or more miss dynamic and modulation.
My hesitation is:
1.It is good idea at all to start new brand name?
2.Will this be confusing or something.
3.Is there any matter at all if the sound worth it?
Not sure,that's why asking here :)
Cheers :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF37_UaJ1XI
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:14 am I spend last three years of research and experimentation developing new sonic technology called 'Nonlinear dynamic'.
Shouldnt really have picked a name that wasnt already an entire branch of physics.

Anyway; 'new sonic technology' - what's new about it? got research papers? All I can see relating to 'nonlinear dynamics' on your website is presets, and since you didnt design the synths, they dont really count as a technology.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

When pyramids are build is it a technology or just people put stones one over another?
Where are the papers of it,i see only stones :):):)
It is technology,because could be applied to any synth,the more advanced synth it is,the better results are.
It is technology because it need advanced design skills,analysis and it could produce limitless number of modifications of the same presets,depending how much modulators synth allow to be used.
It is technology because sound design itself is technology of shaping the sound,this this is just more advanced.
Don't claim it's a revolutionary or something,just give serious advantage when mixing,to achieve more alive,more dynamic sound or to transform every sound in real time to any desired point,impossible be done with real instrument - can't change the internal structure of the guitar sound when playing,just the way you play same sound.
If this is not technology so the pyramids are just stones :)
Demos are in progress so at this time to show 'papers' is wasting time like watching many of videos in you tube when you suppose to listen some synth,but instead you listen somebody talking about it - it's all in the sound :)
In case somebody have opinion about rebranding will be interesting to hear it :)

When pyramids are build is it a technology or just people put stones one over another?
That's a false dichotomy. Pyramids arent technology, but they are the result of multiple technologies. Generally they're architecture

But anyway, its okay, I get it now; its not actually a new DSP method or whatever; its marketing grandiosity; my apologies for taking you at face value. Normally, 'new technology' doesnt apply to configuring a device do what its already capable of doing, though.
If this is not technology so the pyramids are just stones
Rebrand suggestion: 'magic pyramid technology woowoo'

Emperor's New Dynamics?

Wow 'friendly' attitude again,let's throw sht on everything,world will be over soon hahah did you realize how dummy all this negativity is ...technology is complex of techniques,not that i can ever put my name or work near giants like Tesla,but i could imagine how many people did say to him,your AC is total delusion,you just chase the money hahaha ok nobody force you to support anything,but why such a negativity out of the box early morning,it's not healthy at all :)
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

That's a false dichotomy. Pyramids arent technology, but they are the result of multiple technologies. Generally they're architecture
Triple nonsense.Expect next generalization to be even more unbelievable and ridiculous :)

Well, let's be honest here, the tech is already there in the synths, it's just that you have only just realised, so nothing is new here.

Well, your current name is short and easy to remember, plus it has something to do with music.

Maybe don't change it, so at least your client base witll recognize it. No one is waiting for a new 68783rd brand in music industry.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

If you publish a description of said "technology", people can have a meaningful discussion around how novel it is. If you just give a name and a vague description of the goals, we can't tell. See also: most IK Multimedia product announcements.

Oks will check www is it worth rebranding at all.
Haters are best advertising of new product :)

AnX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:01 am Well, let's be honest here, the tech is already there in the synths, it's just that you have only just realised, so nothing is new here.
How exactly you find that out - three years and over 3000 presets of experiments are serious amount of work so to realize that something which is not there probably is there hahaha ...or maybe you just feel better hating....
Technology as term cold be discussed forever,but results are important.
Maybe you hate the idea of technology or my statement,but everything is in the sound,people using this technology will judge better,now we are wasting time arguing common words.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:11 am Triple nonsense.Expect next generalization to be even more unbelievable and ridiculous :)
Says the guy trying to claim his presets are 'technology'.
not that i can ever put my name or work near giants like Tesla
No, you cant. Maybe you could put it near Babya, though.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:07 am Wow 'friendly' attitude again,let's throw sht on everything,world will be over soon hahah did you realize how dummy all this negativity is ...
It can help to employ romanticism - whatever we do to program ourselves in order to achieve optimum performance is useful but sometimes, only on a personal level. Maybe you started to promote yourself professionally a little early and your thoughts to rebrand might reflect this. To be honest, I'm excited for you and really glad that you have this energy. That passion feels inspirational even from here so I'm sure you can make a difference. And whilst some of what has been written might seem harsh, if you can accept it without being defensive, you will grow. Read plenty and back up that passion with objective knowledge.

I am angry because somebody who don't care about what i am sayng or can't understand the difference between technique,technology and preset start to accuse me i lie people.
Why to do that?
Why not to say 'Hey i did a great soundset,buy it'.
Why?
Why to spend three years,to fktp my ears,eyes,back,ass so on to do something which isn't for sell as technology,but give something better as sound to end users?
Why?
Why not to make 30 soundsets to make few thousand euros and to spend them for fun, but to continue developing this 'non' technological thing?
Why?
I'll tell you why - because i was blown away when apply it and compare it to standard design.
That's why.
How is this not technology when you can squeez the right sound in the right moment,no matter what synth you use,no matter on what mix you usi it - standard design is open filters a bit or change attack or what ever,but this 'not' technology gives you opportunity to apply it on every note at any point - it is not something that grow on trees,it result of a lot of work so to have such a preset,that's the technology,the complex of modulations you can make in real time.
If you don't see it as technology - fine,it's your opinion,perceive it as you wish,but don't make a fraud.
It's too much work so to listen haters and bored people trying to fill their day with something.
Not go answer any more to 'technology' questions.

Return to “Soundware”