FirComp: Free lookahead compressor for tracks or busses, looking for testers

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fircomp 1 Fircomp 2

LiteOn wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:30 am Do the ones who purchased it get notification mails for new updates?
Yes

Rickskii wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:44 am Yes
Thanks. I don't, so I will ask Jon.

Yes

LiteOn wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:30 am Do the ones who purchased it get notification mails for new updates?
Yes we do. You have to keep the link from your original purchase to reach the downloads, that is not in the update notification email.

LiteOn wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:58 am
Rickskii wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:44 am Yes
Thanks. I don't, so I will ask Jon.
For anyone curious, your original download link from your purchase receipt will allow you to download the most recent versions. This link can be re-sent to anyone who contacts me (it's unique per customer). When I release a new version, I send an email to all customers notifying them - however, sometimes these emails may end up in spam etc.

When I release a new version I also mention it on Twitter (same handle as my KVR account). But as usual if there are any issues please email me at fircomp at jonvaudio dot com.

Yes.

jonvaudio wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:38 am I send an email to all customers notifying them - however, sometimes these emails may end up in spam etc.
Jon, let me add this little information: the update notification mails are coming from support At gumroad Dot com, so that's the domain which must pass the spam defense.

@Jon: thanks for the quick help by mail.
@everyone: thanks for confirmations

Is there any timeline for Linux support?

ralfrobert wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:34 pm Is there any timeline for Linux support?
If you would like the linux version, please email me at fircomp at jonvaudio dot com - the current linux build is working but a couple of versions behind. Hoping to update it this weekend.

What is the main difference in the new VCA mode in the 2.1.0 version is to the old one?

poseidal wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:07 am What is the main difference in the new VCA mode in the 2.1.0 version is to the old one?
changelog:

Improved VCA feedback% implementation (old projects/presets that use VCA mode will load in "VCA legacy" mode)

Additional bandpass filter sidechain option, and improved sidechain filter menu

Additional peak detection modes, including the method from fircomp 1, plus additional "grit" modes (bigger multiplier = less clean). (This is not to be confused with compressor modes such as coupled peak or VCA, it simply affects the advanced peak detection method used at the start of the sidechain).

Improved "limit" button, aiming to reduce confusion

Minor bugfix to the output meter display

poseidal wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:07 am What is the main difference in the new VCA mode in the 2.1.0 version is to the old one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBbwdcN ... io-Plugins

@Jon: any new plugin in the works? Cannot wait to try your next marvel

parnarules wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:46 pm @Jon: any new plugin in the works? Cannot wait to try your next marvel
Working on new plugins, but nothing specific to announce yet :)

jonvaudio wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 10:50 am
parnarules wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:46 pm @Jon: any new plugin in the works? Cannot wait to try your next marvel
Working on new plugins, but nothing specific to announce yet :)
Amazing news, thank you! :)

Return to “Effects”