VCV Rack 2 is out! Free and Pro versions ($99 at launch)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the braids used for fm.. it s something..

I have a feature request: why don't we have presets in VCV Rack? Like presets for each module, presets with combinations of modules, and templates + full sessions? I think they would be awesome as ways to learn how to use all this stuff, because every single module you add in your workflow creates an infinite amount of new possibilities and complexity...

Was there any time horizon given when the Apple Silicon version will come out? I have a rule set for myself not to buy any non-native software.

Question: why is VCV good for someone, who:
- already have such great plugins like NI Reaktor, U-he Ace, U-he Bazille
- have two daws
- is not really a modular fan, but have some interest
?

Ivan_C wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 am I have a feature request: why don't we have presets in VCV Rack? Like presets for each module, presets with combinations of modules, and templates + full sessions? I think they would be awesome as ways to learn how to use all this stuff, because every single module you add in your workflow creates an infinite amount of new possibilities and complexity...
We can now save presets and multiple modules as selection
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

when does the current promo end, it says until 2022, does that mean end of December...
Iive just started a new job after being out of work a few months, no payday till after christmas, cant afford it until next year... damn..want the it with vcv drums and soundstage.. no christmas pressies for the kids either... I hate my life
Last edited by tonymax on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

dune_rave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:47 am Question: why is VCV good for someone, who:
- have two daws
?
Because of the mutable instruments stuff :tu:
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:52 am
dune_rave wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:47 am Question: why is VCV good for someone, who:
- have two daws
?
Because of the mutable instruments stuff :tu:
That's a good enough reason in my mind https://library.vcvrack.com/AudibleInstruments

but there are a thousands of modules, most free...many from Eurorack hardware manufacturers, couple that are in VCV and mu hardware rack...

https://library.vcvrack.com/?query=&bra ... =&license=
https://library.vcvrack.com/ESeries/E340
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:48 am
Ivan_C wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:23 am I have a feature request: why don't we have presets in VCV Rack? Like presets for each module, presets with combinations of modules, and templates + full sessions? I think they would be awesome as ways to learn how to use all this stuff, because every single module you add in your workflow creates an infinite amount of new possibilities and complexity...
We can now save presets and multiple modules as selection
Oh I didn't know, thanks! But still, what I would like is a lot of content available there from the start as well, with the installation of VCV Rack 2

You can save whatever you want as a template, racks and racks of stuff!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Anyone know how the VST handles feedback loops? I keep a copy of Live Lite installed for messing around with that stuff but it'd be cool to do it all in Renoise which doesn't allow for that kind of routing with its own send tracks.

I thought that was the point.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I meant like synths which are available with tons of presets, we would have from the start 10 templates, 20 sessions to explore, and hundreds of modules combinations to play with and create new things as starting points

Ivan_C wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:46 pm I meant like synths which are available with tons of presets, we would have from the start 10 templates, 20 sessions to explore, and hundreds of modules combinations to play with and create new things as starting points
?

Ivan_C wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:46 pm I meant like synths which are available with tons of presets, we would have from the start 10 templates, 20 sessions to explore, and hundreds of modules combinations to play with and create new things as starting points
Cherry Audio Voltage Modular has exactly that, maybe for you! You can load up pre-set rack instruments, effects and sequencers etc. It was built from the ground up to work that way, I suspect VCV wont be like that for some time if ever.

Return to “Instruments”