Algonaut Atlas 2 finally announced. New buyers get 2 for free, 19$ upgrade for others.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Atlas Atlas 2

Psyclapse wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:18 pm
Krovatin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 pm 1. I made my own map and one samples is recognised as "hi hat" but it is definitely a snare (and named "snare12"). How to make it right (color group)?
Select the pad you want to edit in bottom left panel, then in top left panel press the spanner icon.
For question 2 - I dont think there are any fx in atlas.
No fx, yet.

Krovatin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 pm 2. In XLN audio XO there is nice function which makes sample sounds like stereo with short delay. Can I have it in Atlas?
If you're running A2 in your DAW just add a delay or effect on the same track or master bus.

RobertH2 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:36 pm
Krovatin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:03 pm 2. In XLN audio XO there is nice function which makes sample sounds like stereo with short delay. Can I have it in Atlas?
If you're running A2 in your DAW just add a delay or effect on the same track or master bus.
But unfortunately it messes up mono. I hope they improve the stereo effect. I don't use it as it is.

rafa1981 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:41 pm Ctrl-z crashed for me too on Reaper.

EDIT: Many times actually when demoing. I really like the plugin but this crash is a showstopper. All "work" is lost.

It is very easy to reproduce:

-New instance.
-Press play.
-Generate a new loop.
-Generate a new loop (again).
-Ctrl +Z
-Boom!

Windows 10 64bit. Reaper 6.42. Ryzen 5800x. Old nvidia graphic card.

How to report it?
Yep, I can confirm. CTRL-Z completely crashes Reaper! :(

You should have "auto-save" in reaper to save every 3 minutes or so. ;)

That was with 2.01. I see there is 2.1.0. I will test the new version.

Still crashes the latest version.

The bug is reported and will be fixed.

I missed the BF sale because of that though, I didn't wanted to buy it as I considered that bug a showstopper; I have a lot of muscle memory on Ctrl+Z and even knowing it I crashed more times.

rafa1981 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:12 am The bug is reported and will be fixed.

I missed the BF sale because of that though, I didn't wanted to buy it as I considered that bug a showstopper; I have a lot of muscle memory on Ctrl+Z and even knowing it I crashed more times.
I did report is too. :tu:

There is something else that crashes it too.. not sure what but I have a previous project that I can not load and play any more. It simply crashes Reaper. Has 4 instances of Atlas 2. Removing those instances before pressing play fixes it.

This is currently a no-go plugin as the crash bug is so serious.

I'm on Mac M1 (Big Sur), using Reaper.

EDIT: Ok, figured out the crash. It has something to do with file access. I noticed that no map was loaded and as soon as I tried to save my kit or open the browser, Atlas 2 VSTi 3 version crashed. So I opened the AU version, in a fresh instance of Reaper.. opened the browser and checked the files. This time no crash. I could now safely open the VSTi3 version without a crash and managed to play the song that crashed upon playback.

Yeah.. weird stuff. Atlas 2 is definitely not entirely stable on the M1 through Rosetta, which isn't really a surprise as I've had some problems with other software too that I've tested recently (Tai Chi reverb crashes quite often).
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

What to do, if I 'd like to make 16t sequence from Browser? It is not working if you just opt "new sequence" from browser and choose 16t, it will be 16 sequence.

I think I found a bag - advanced sample control tab - put pitch to 50-100% - the pitch does not change at all. Windows 10, Reaper. Oops! Now it is working. Sorry.

Why Favorite star is almost always grey in my Atlas 2.1? And how to find Favourites if you need them quickly?

Is there a way to quickly audition a drum kit folder without having to have Atlas analyze it and make it a drum map?

FYI - the M1 native version of Atlas is out.

That's cool. Now I hope the dev can start getting through that features list! :D

Return to “Instruments”