Rebranding - need opinion...

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:52 am I am angry because somebody who don't care about what i am sayng or can't understand the difference between technique,technology and preset start to accuse me i lie people.
Why to do that?
Why not to say 'Hey i did a great soundset,buy it'.
Why?
Why to spend three years,to fktp my ears,eyes,back,ass so on to do something which isn't for sell as technology,but give something better as sound to end users?
Why?
Why not to make 30 soundsets to make few thousand euros and to spend them for fun, but to continue developing this 'non' technological thing?
Why?
I'll tell you why - because i was blown away when apply it and compare it to standard design.
That's why.
How is this not technology when you can squeez the right sound in the right moment,no matter what synth you use,no matter on what mix you usi it - standard design is open filters a bit or change attack or what ever,but this 'not' technology gives you opportunity to apply it on every note at any point - it is not something that grow on trees,it result of a lot of work so to have such a preset,that's the technology,the complex of modulations you can make in real time.
If you don't see it as technology - fine,it's your opinion,perceive it as you wish,but don't make a fraud.
It's too much work so to listen haters and bored people trying to fill their day with something.
Not go answer any more to 'technology' questions.
Cheers :)
Because a number of us have decades of experience and learning under our belts - and your description simply implies that you have learned to use more of the synth. You've gone up a level for yourself and that's cool but there are some voices of reason in this thread that want to help ground you a little.

You definitely give the impression that further work is required. Doubling down on being defensive isn't helping you. That's the best advice I can give here. Maybe take some time out and continue experimenting and learning before a rebrand - which is going to take some time anyway.

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:01 am
AnX wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:01 am Well, let's be honest here, the tech is already there in the synths, it's just that you have only just realised, so nothing is new here.
How exactly you find that out - three years and over 3000 presets of experiments are serious amount of work so to realize that something which is not there probably is there hahaha ...or maybe you just feel better hating....
Technology as term cold be discussed forever,but results are important.
Maybe you hate the idea of technology or my statement,but everything is in the sound,people using this technology will judge better,now we are wasting time arguing common words.
Nearly 40 years experience here....but...

Basically, and correct me if I'm wrong, you are making presets in a synth, using only the synth....so what exactly is new here?

Perhaps you can explain it a bit clearer ...

Excuse my ignorance, but I now watched the video a couple times and I have no idea what it should demonstrate. So it's hard to tell if there is anything new or special in it and if your name is fitting.

Also, asking questions and having an opinion doesn't make someone a "hater"

A little growing up might help you, especially if you are in business

watch the new video,if continue to argue is it sound design technology or just sound design wouldn't be able to release nothing another three years or to make proper demo :)
Thanks for all opinions and discussion,but have to focus on more important things than debate here :)
Not offended that somebody isn't agree with me or my terminology,but it's something new i am offering and if somebody isn't interested or don't understand the benefit of it,i am not gonna throw away so much of work and useful results because of disagreement or misunderstanding.
Nonlinear dynamics technology is already so far ahead, that need reduction of modulators,cause in original state was too complex to be explained and used,so now is just mod wheel,aftertouch,expression and foot.
Probably will tight it up till mod wheel and aftertouch in next sets,cause most keyboard have these two modulators only.
I am not claiming to be best sound designer just create original way of real time shaping with limitless applications,maybe isn't next big miracle in music world, but to my users will be for sure :)

I'm with Velltone. He asked a simple question and you roast him on the offtopic... :smack:

If you're not interested in new ideas and initiatives, why stay on KVR anyway?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I watched the new video but I still don't get it. All I see is you drawing automation curves like for velocity, which is hardly a new technology. And "flexibility of real time shaping" isn't something that rings other bells in my head.

Could you please explain in simple words, just 2 or 3 sentences, what "Nonlinear dynamics" is, what it is good for, what's new about it? I'm afraid if it's not that obvious or distinguishable from the stuff that's standard for years, it'll not make much sense to give it a name.

Or maybe I'm just too stupid to identify it :lol: In that case I'm out.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:23 pm I'm with Velltone. He asked a simple question and you roast him on the offtopic... :smack:
I gave him what he asked for, an opinion on rebranding based on his describing 'nonlinear dynamics' as some new technology he was claiming to have invented, when its actually an existing entire field of physics.

I also asked a simple question, ie what his new technology actually was.

Then he spit his dummy out the pram and started acting like a cock.

The 'technology' he's hanging his rebranding on ie his marketing and branding of it as 'nonlinear dynamics' isnt offtopic, it is the topic. Whether you claim to be immune to 'marketing bullshit' or not, if someone asks for an opinion on their marketing bullshit, I consider it reasonable to state that that's what it is. Its not as though you're averse to doing the same thing, is it?
If you're not interested in new ideas and initiatives, why stay on KVR anyway?
If you are interested in new ideas and initiatives, why stay silent on KVR when someone specifically asks for opinions on 'rebranding' stuff that isnt, marketing that stuff as though it were?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:22 pm watch the new video,if continue to argue is it sound design technology or just sound design wouldn't be able to release nothing another three years or to make proper demo :)
Thanks for all opinions and discussion,but have to focus on more important things than debate here :)
Not offended that somebody isn't agree with me or my terminology,but it's something new i am offering and if somebody isn't interested or don't understand the benefit of it,i am not gonna throw away so much of work and useful results because of disagreement or misunderstanding.
Nonlinear dynamics technology is already so far ahead, that need reduction of modulators,cause in original state was too complex to be explained and used,so now is just mod wheel,aftertouch,expression and foot.
Probably will tight it up till mod wheel and aftertouch in next sets,cause most keyboard have these two modulators only.
I am not claiming to be best sound designer just create original way of real time shaping with limitless applications,maybe isn't next big miracle in music world, but to my users will be for sure :)
Modulation isn't new....so I'm still not seeing how this "technology" is much of a revolution (or how you think ppl will be impressed)

Just make the best sounds you can, no need for marketing BS, leave that to Tone2 etc...

MirkoVanHauten wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:35 pm I watched the new video but I still don't get it. All I see is you drawing automation curves like for velocity, which is hardly a new technology. And "flexibility of real time shaping" isn't something that rings other bells in my head.

Could you please explain in simple words, just 2 or 3 sentences, what "Nonlinear dynamics" is, what it is good for, what's new about it? I'm afraid if it's not that obvious or distinguishable from the stuff that's standard for years, it'll not make much sense to give it a name.

Or maybe I'm just too stupid to identify it :lol: In that case I'm out.
it is not a revolution or something just full pack of tools - what you see is how you can accent on some notes.not just to imitate real bass playing by hit the strings harder,but to change the structure(ADSR,Osc forms,sonic spectrum,temper,drive,so many things you can't do if play real).
With other words flexability to shape,transform or just add new characteristics from basic sound in specific point of time till another sound,like mixing in real time multiple instruments.
That's the technology.
Anyway whoever is interested to check in two-three weeks next demos for more specifications,so many things must be done,each of final presets have multiple variations of basic sound and different modulation targets and have to decide which are 100 'best' versions by checking them in different mixes.
Closing the topic.
Thanks for your time.

Return to “Soundware”