Flower Child Filter and Analog Distortion public beta

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Architeuthis wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:18 pm I'm not leaving this plane of existence without bringing my ideas to the world, they are absolutely worth it.
Apropos of nothing, this is an amazing sentiment.

Keep on going and reach out to other devs for help.

This project is fantastic. Best ITB filters by a million miles.

still waiting and hoping for more also...

Soundemote website will be going down for now. I don't have time to manage the website at the moment. I have a better idea, I will conduct all business in the discord channel including purchasing products. There's not many sales so it's easy to handle by hand. And in fact, this is how I've seen other developers do it. Start on discord, and when things get going, then make a website.

If you need anything: soundemote@gmail.com

https://discord.gg/hjpBC8kZ3s

Ok, I'm just going to throw this out here. If anyone knows anyone who wants a good filter for a synth product they are working on and you'd like to collaborate, contact me. If not, continue to be patient with me.

Edit: Alright, so I feel I need to be vulnerable here. I've been dealing with major depression, but things are looking up after getting treatment. That has been a major hang up for soundemote. I'm getting better, guys.

Hang in there bloke! Good to hear you're getting better. Soon you'll be back to being you and be able to see yourself and your dreams clearly again.
Your filters sound great, so be encouraged. Onward and upward, even if it's just a plod for now. One step at a time as they say :tu:

Depression sucks. The best way out is reaching out for help and taking one step at a time. Excercise, quality sleep and healthy eating will help, too.

Hope you will feel better soon.

f**k the (lovely) filters. Get your head together first!

Been there, am there, perpetually there--just keep on moving. Go for a walk often, if you can. Good health to you.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Architeuthis wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:44 pm Soundemote website will be going down for now. I don't have time to manage the website at the moment. I have a better idea, I will conduct all business in the discord channel including purchasing products. There's not many sales so it's easy to handle by hand. And in fact, this is how I've seen other developers do it. Start on discord, and when things get going, then make a website.

If you need anything: soundemote@gmail.com
Maybe add this to the very first post as well, so that people can get in touch with you.

As a customer: I have no interest in using Discord for this sort of thing. Email is ok, though. I think it would be wise to at least leave a static page up explaining what your product history is and where to direct support requests.

As a human being: I'm sorry to hear of your illness, and wish you the best in managing it. Your health comes first. And I get that web store-fronts are a pain to manage, that's an understandable choice.

Thanks for all replies and concern.
wvshpr wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:29 pm Maybe add this to the very first post as well, so that people can get in touch with you.
All good, I'm going to see how collaboration goes with someone who already contacted me.

Joined your Discord, sir. Everything will be fine in the End, have no worries about it.
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

Ok, so my discord channel is very dead. I'm going to end up deleting and re-doing a lot of it. Let the amount of activity control how many channels the discord needs.

Hey, I've had this build lying around for a while where I added a new filter. It's a new aggressive filter. Remember the first one looks like this, triangular resonance. It sounds buttery smooth and screamy at the same time.

But this new one goes all the way to square waves if you want maximum grit and scream (no more buttery smoothness!). Let me know what you think.

Flower Child Filter 2.0.1 beta (windows only for now)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RNoasO ... sp=sharing

Edit: squared resonance only gets you so far, this is not the most aggressive filter possible.

YES! keep it up :)

Playing with the filters some more. It's clear to me now that I want to remove the "flavor" control, the one that can be "bias" or "crunch", etc, and just have that be noise like the first few filters. Instead of having a flavor knob, I will just make a few alt versions of the filter with 1 or 2 different positions for that flavor. That allows me to hone in on the sweet spots even more, I can customize the interals of the filter for those sweet spots, it's less controls for the end user (well, replacing a difficult-to-use control for a much simpler control), and that means more productivity, more focus on getting the right sound faster.

Edit: also designing filters will be about 2x more easy this way

Also, I'm really liking the new aggressive filter if I do say so myself, it's easy to dial in the sound you want, you can abuse it and go all the way to pure squares or you can get something more warm and squelchy. Turn up the resonance, then turn up the drive until you squeeze the resonance creating any amount of overdrive and crunch.
Last edited by Architeuthis on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”