Synapse Audio - Dune 3.5 Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:19 pm has everyone here over 40 worked in music retail at some point?
i wasn't very good, didn't last long. the whole "getting up in the morning" just didn't work with me.
Worked in Comet (before it went into liquidation), alternate day shifts, selling electrical goods like hifi's, tv's ect... management/atmosphere/job sucked. Was there for just two weeks...

Working front of house at big music events with DJ's like Carl Cox and Fatboy Slim on stage / and festivals was more my thing. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaO0TLhzDqM
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

yeah, many of us did that too.
that was when id moved to manc.

thinks there's only ever been 2 major gigs in this town :lol:
stone roses in 89 then elton a few years back

I worked in a store called Mo Mahoney's Drum Shop in Las Vegas. We carried everything not just drums and had the top keyboard and synth department in town.

Mo was on old Jazz drummer who played in resorts on the Strip. There was this intimate sense of community back then that sadly has died with the birth of the internet.

I got to meet BB King, Cheap Trick, and others there. It was a great time in my life even though I was poor AF.

All the Mom and Pop stores are gone now. Pushed out by the big box retailers with new staff every time you visit. Last time I was at one of the Guitar Centers none of the keyboards were hooked up and the room looked completely disheveled. Sad to see.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Edit
Last edited by AnX on Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New skins for Dune 3.5 can be found here in this thread.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

[Nov 23th 2021 - Dune v3.512 released] Changelog

General:
Page up/down, home and end keys can be used to navigate in the browser window.
While renaming a patch in the browser window, mousewheel could change the current patch, fixed.
Windows:
On some systems, when playing a sequence while the new browser was open simultaneously, the overall visual response was somewhat glitchy, fixed.
Very long soundbank folder names could cause a crash, fixed.
Mac:
For the browser and mod matrix, the mouse wheel's natural scroll direction (if set) is respected
M1 installer no longer asks for Rosetta 2

AnX wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:56 pm
[Nov 23th 2021 - Dune v3.512 released] Changelog

General:
Page up/down, home and end keys can be used to navigate in the browser window.
While renaming a patch in the browser window, mousewheel could change the current patch, fixed.
Windows:
On some systems, when playing a sequence while the new browser was open simultaneously, the overall visual response was somewhat glitchy, fixed.
Very long soundbank folder names could cause a crash, fixed.
Mac:
For the browser and mod matrix, the mouse wheel's natural scroll direction (if set) is respected
M1 installer no longer asks for Rosetta 2
nice! (scrolling fix on the mac) :tu:

Very nice update. Enjoy using it with Komplete Kontrol.

vurt wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:19 pm has everyone here over 40 worked in music retail at some point?
I'm in that age group, and I did work briefly at a music store (that sells music), but not at any music equipment stores. I applied to work at a couple of those, but it was an ISP that actually hired me for my first "real" job (and probably put me on a much better career path…no disrespect to people who actually stuck it out with music!).
Stormchild

Dune 3 made it into Venus Theory's best plugins of 2021 (his favorites of the year…not necessarily released in 2021).

Click this link instead of the inline video to jump directly to the right spot:
https://youtu.be/4xJZNewdaPY?t=446
Stormchild

Currently updating the Glacier White skin for version 3.5.

Available at https://satyatunes.com
Thread is still alive: viewtopic.php?p=8283527
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Teksonik wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:12 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:54 pm Actually, as a former retail music salesperson, I can assure you that a lot of guitarists, and keyboard players, do indeed “want to sound exactly like the other guy.” Usually someone famous. I can’t even count how many times someone came in looking to get the same guitar (often a special artist Ed.) pedals, etc, as their hero. Hell, my first decent guitar was me buying a Rick 320 and Vox Buckingham, hoping to get some of that early Beatles magic. (Missed it by a mile. :hihi:)
As a former retail music salesperson I can say you're right to an extent. If someone is in a cover band sure they want to sound like the guitar player in the song they are covering.

But I'm not sure how many people here a looking to be in cover bands..... :shrug:
I’d say it goes beyond just cover band musicians. Look at how many “classic preset banks” are for sale, and even those that don’t market themselves that way seem to be mostly sounds that are the same or very similar to what you hear on hit records. It’s no surprise we have 3 Jupiter 8 emulations. Most guitar amp emulations are of famously used amplifiers. Every drum machine has to have at least one x0x emulation or sample.

Of course, some of this is the tail wagging the dog. Gear becomes famous because it sounds great.

But I think KVR is a bit different than the overall market. The hardware only crowd is way worse. Well, except for the modular users. Slaves to what they’ve heard before. I think half the DSI/Sequential hate has to do with the unusual factory presets.

Anyway, I love the classic sounds too, but I want to mine them for their gold and use it to build something new. It’s why I love Dune 3. All the new interesting stuff as well as filters that nod to the classics.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Arashi wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:02 am
I'm in that age group, and I did work briefly at a music store (that sells music), but not at any music equipment stores. I applied to work at a couple of those, but it was an ISP that actually hired me for my first "real" job (and probably put me on a much better career path…no disrespect to people who actually stuck it out with music!).
I really loved working in music gear retail. Some of the best jobs of my life… but I was also the poorest. Also, working weekends and holidays isn’t great. A few shop owners were downright cheaters. At Rondo Music in NJ, I was promised commissions that never happened. I was too salesperson one month and I was told that because I couldn’t pass some idiotic “test” (no one passed it) I wasn’t due commission. It literally had questions about guitar fretboard material on obscure models that were not only not in production, but that we didn’t carry. Not ever.

I realized pretty quickly that if I was to ever actually be able to buy something from that shop, I’d better find work elsewhere.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I'm currently nearly there with my complete redesigned version of Dune complete with digital dials. (the dials took hours in photoshop, all 188 of them, but the results were worth it.. :-) )

FX Tabs and similar ones were redrawn from scratch, and many other elements. New fonts on all the different screens.

Working with the 'Huge' screen size.

View large image here

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:51 am I'm currently nearly there with my complete redesigned version of Dune complete with digital dials. (the dials took hours in photoshop, all 188 of them, but the results were worth it.. :-) )

FX Tabs and similar ones were redrawn from scratch, and many other elements. New fonts on all the different screens.

Wow, thats different. :tu:

Working with the 'Huge' screen size.

View large image here

Return to “Instruments”