Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik Max V2 V Collection X

aman74 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am
turtletooth wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm
DarkStar wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm
flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 pm
DarkStar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm
Maybe a silly question: but where are you seeing that price. Is it the upgrade from v7?
You need to own at least one Arturia Product to see that. If you grab Analoge Lite somewhere real quick then you will also get it for 199.
Thank you. I cannot see Analog Lite available anywhere. I do have an Arturia Account with the Analog Lab 4 demo in it.
If you check the buy/sell section here and at vi-control, you can sometimes find someone selling Analog Lab lite. I just picked it up and then the upgrade path to analog lab full was $70. Much cheaper path to getting Analog Lab than the current price.

I think that for a lot of people, Analog Lab is enough. With the whole V collection, to really do a deep dive, you need to learn the features and ui of each synth. Analog Lab and Syntronik are both preset browsers, but the experience is much nicer on Analog Lab.
So Analog Lab is comparable to the V8 collection?

I started looking for an upgrade path through hardware and to see if it came with any. Looks like Analog Lab comes with at least one keyboard that sells for 269….I barely looked so I’m guessing maybe it even comes with a cheaper one or the lite version might as well?

Anyone know any hardware that offers a good path to Analog Lab or V8?

Analog Lab compared to V8? Lab didn’t seem comparable with V8 only 100 more right now, but if it’s pretty good and I can get some needed hardware as well then that would be great.

What’s odd is some of their cooler hardware doesn’t seem to come with any software.

Analog Lab is just a preset player. It has all of the synthesis in it, but it's like a sample platter of Arturia synths. So it's the closest thing to Syntronik in that regard.

The Arturia Key Lab controllers all come bundle with Analog Lab. You totally could have Googled that yourself.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Synthack wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:48 am I'd probably spend that $299 on U-he Diva (Jupiter8, Minimoog, MS20, Juno etc)

Brand new Diva is $208.60 USD but you could probably score it for cheaper for example theres a listing on Knobcloud for $125..

I think the raw tones and filter sounds are better than what Arturia has. I know Arturia has way more stuff for the money, but more doesn't necessarily mean better.

So say you get Diva for $125, you will have a LOT of excellent synth tones that cover a broad range. Then if you wanted a vintage sampler I would recommend you pick up TAL-Sampler.

Tal-sampler is excellent and it's cheap at $67 USD and it covers all your Emulator II tones and then some.

So that's $192!

The upside to this, is you only have to learn these two instead of a bunch of other plugins to basically get the same tones.

Another thing TAL and UHE both program solid code.

So what would i recommend with the remaining $107?

Up to you, but I'd prob pick up something to cover your digital tones. Either that or some Valhalla effects.
2nd post on KVR and you're already pimping uhe and Valhalla! LOL. :lol:
Who sent you?

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

Gee, I feel better already. I think I’ll still avoid Sample Tank and Syntronik (for reasons already noted) but thanks for setting me straight.

Synthack wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:05 am Well considering my third post on KVR shows that I personally prefer Verberate2 over Valhalla i think that should prove I'm no shill. Valhalla is ok, but it's not what I would personally use. I just tossed it out there cause everyone seems to love them for the price.
I'm just joking. It was more a commentary on KVR culture. I see now you were playing to the audience. Smart move! :wink:

Last edited by Synthack on Sun Feb 13, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.... ...

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:54 am
aman74 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:00 am
turtletooth wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:18 pm
DarkStar wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm
flori89 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 pm
DarkStar wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:02 pm
Maybe a silly question: but where are you seeing that price. Is it the upgrade from v7?
You need to own at least one Arturia Product to see that. If you grab Analoge Lite somewhere real quick then you will also get it for 199.
Thank you. I cannot see Analog Lite available anywhere. I do have an Arturia Account with the Analog Lab 4 demo in it.
If you check the buy/sell section here and at vi-control, you can sometimes find someone selling Analog Lab lite. I just picked it up and then the upgrade path to analog lab full was $70. Much cheaper path to getting Analog Lab than the current price.

I think that for a lot of people, Analog Lab is enough. With the whole V collection, to really do a deep dive, you need to learn the features and ui of each synth. Analog Lab and Syntronik are both preset browsers, but the experience is much nicer on Analog Lab.
So Analog Lab is comparable to the V8 collection?

I started looking for an upgrade path through hardware and to see if it came with any. Looks like Analog Lab comes with at least one keyboard that sells for 269….I barely looked so I’m guessing maybe it even comes with a cheaper one or the lite version might as well?

Anyone know any hardware that offers a good path to Analog Lab or V8?

Analog Lab compared to V8? Lab didn’t seem comparable with V8 only 100 more right now, but if it’s pretty good and I can get some needed hardware as well then that would be great.

What’s odd is some of their cooler hardware doesn’t seem to come with any software.

Analog Lab is just a preset player. It has all of the synthesis in it, but it's like a sample platter of Arturia synths. So it's the closest thing to Syntronik in that regard.

The Arturia Key Lab controllers all come bundle with Analog Lab. You totally could have Googled that yourself.
I did actually, but didn’t have a ton of time. The beststep series didn’t seem to have much. I didn’t get any further. I was on the phone with my insurance company trying to get a major surgery covered. If you knew the past two months I’ve had you’d cut me some slack. I’m just here doing my best trying to research deals while dealing with some heavy stuff as best I can, so I can get some things I’d not normally be able to afford.

Thanks for the help and the wise comment.

Be the change you want to see.

Well you posted your question and then bumped it 10 hours later saying "Bumping myself so I can get info to make a decision soon."

By the time I responded, 12 hours had passed. I know insurance companies put you on hold for a while, but that is just ridiculous!

Sorry you're having a bad time with life.

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:24 am Well you posted your question and then bumped it 10 hours later saying "Bumping myself so I can get info to make a decision soon."

By the time I responded, 12 hours had passed. I know insurance companies put you on hold for a while, but that is just ridiculous!

Sorry you're having a bad time with life.
Most would step away graciously or apologize. I was on the phone for the better part of 6 hours and dealing with daily life. Sorry you’re actually that petty.

I said sorry you're having a bad time with life. :shrug:

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:30 am I said sorry you're having a bad time with life. :shrug:
After questioning my sincerity. Not a way to preface a kind gesture you actually mean..but of course you didn’t mean it…

Let’s just let this be now. There’s no point in it. Peace

So now you're questioning my sincerity...

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:24 am Sorry you're having a bad time with life.
God, you're such a f$ckwad. Why don't you grow up and have a little more empathy? Douche.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:54 am
If they are merely preset players they are at minimum very well equipped.

Integrated sequencer/ arpeggiators are available in Syntroniks. Mappable midi learn controls are common to both. Analog Lab has setlists for live play. Syntroniks and Analog have a efx engines that can be configured. In the case of Analog Lab the macros provide significant customization. Syntroniks 2 has a very deep synth engine with LFO matrix. Analog Lab allows layering and splits.

Another vote for V Collection. Syntronik is great if you are just a preset player and just want a bunch of classic sounds, but V Collection is so much more.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”