Nexus 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nexus

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:56 pm
There's no mention of it on the website that I can see, so hard to know if it is substantial enough to act as an inducement to upgrade.
its a best of 52 presets from all 13 expansions which have been released in 2020. I did the selection on the last weekend.
Not to be nitpicky but I see 48 presets in the Christmas 2021 expansion. Is it correct?
Also the size is pretty big (1.8 GB) for this seemingly small present count - new sample content?

REFX laughing at us

Hard to admit but this time Joe Biden's words actually make sense: "come on, man!"
Jokes aside, I was a huge fan of Nexus, had Nexus 2 but those mostly one finger ear candy presets didn't justify the price of the expansions for me back then, when you couldn't dig that deep into presets you can now so I sold it.

I respect Manuel's work as a musician, sound designer and all but this is tough, even I'm sure he is not the one who makes the business decisions. Maybe a free expansion of choice for those who buy the upgrade would ease the pain for the people and I'm sure it wouldn't hurt the company.

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:56 pm
There's no mention of it on the website that I can see, so hard to know if it is substantial enough to act as an inducement to upgrade.
its a best of 52 presets from all 13 expansions which have been released in 2020. I did the selection on the last weekend.
thx, but when i upgrade my N2 is lost correct? so i cannot load N2 anymore in my DAW?
when you upgrade: no. That means you swap your N2 into a N4... When you buy N4 fullprice you theoretically could. But why should you want to. N4 is fully compatible to N2

I see only 48 presets - there is no vintage synth - maybe these 4 have been removed

It seems they have been removed

will be added after release of it, if its this year

Edit: Why don't you Manuel make expansios which is full of like pads, violins, strings, flutes, guitars. Why every expansios has bass, synths, drums, leads, brass, bells - what ever. Make expansios which is full of pads / bells / choirs /. Like 50 presets of choirs, sell it as it is. 50 presets of flutes, sell it as it is and so on. That would be more "proper" way to do expansions. Not every expansions does to have sequences which no one going to use anyway. If I want to buy choir sounds, I don't need bass, violins and sequencies on it.. Do you understand?
Nexus expansions are from the beginning onwards "genre" based. Means a musical genre does always have basses, pads etc. It works very well this way, so I doubt this will change.
There are however a few category based expansions, like the Hollywood series I did, for example Guitars, Brasses, Strings or the new Hollywood Piano.

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm It seems they have been removed

will be added after release of it, if its this year
Thanks Manuel. Any idea when the Vintage Synths expansion will be released? Can't wait!

noiseboyuk wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:23 am I do think Mike could turn it round though, finding a way of acknowledging the reality of this while still saving face. This post on December 24th would probably do the trick:
Merry Christmas everyone! All Nexus 3 and 4 owners receive our free Advent Special - a selection of some of the patches from our expansions in the last two years. And as a special thank you to Nexus 4 new users and upgraders, you may choose ANY expansion of your choice for free! This gift also is applicable to new Nexus 4 owners and upgraders until the end of the sale on January 6th. And don't forget - 20% discounts apply til blah blah.
Please remember it's not Santa Claus but reFX.

Back then they used to advertise:
Every year, during our Christmas sale, we add another one [free expansion]. So even if you're on a budget, you have a steadily increasing library of top-notch sounds.
After the release of N3 in 2019 they'd blame people for assuming this blurb was true. (Edit: There was a free summer expansion in 2020.)

I'm not saying Christmas gifts from reFX wouldn't be a welcome surprise. I'm just afraid it's unlikely to happen.

Given that this year's advent expansion is N4 only, despite not even having a single preset from one of the merely three N4 only XPs. (If 4 presets have been removed because their source expansion has not been released yet, I'd assume there are only eight N4 only presets left. If we do the math, N3 owners could have still got 40 nice presets.)
Whatever one shouldn't complain about free gifts.

msvs wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:32 pm will be added after release of it, if its this year
Still no ETA? Didn't you announce it for this December a few days ago? It's a shame that it's not out yet.
Last edited by EKindle on Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My thoughts are in the other thread. :(

Still no ETA? Didn't you announce it for this December a few days ago? It's a shame that it's not out yet.
problem is, one of our employees who is crucial in the video making process is currently in hospital. We dont know when he is back :(
Normally the Vintage Synths was planned for end of December. I hope this will still work somehow

ps: apart from the xmas expansions, there was a FULL SIZED expansion gift for free in summer 2020, if some might have forgotten...

msvs wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:07 pm
problem is, one of our employees who is crucial in the video making process is currently in hospital. We dont know when he is back :(
Normally the Vintage Synths was planned for end of December. I hope this will still work somehow

ps: apart from the xmas expansions, there was a FULL SIZED expansion gift for free in summer 2020, if some might have forgotten...
Sad to hear that. Hopefully he will be alright soon.

By the way, what's the free expansion you mention? Name?
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msvs wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:07 pmproblem is, one of our employees who is crucial in the video making process is currently in hospital. We dont know when he is back :(
oh dear, may he get well soon!

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:43 pmBy the way, what's the free expansion you mention? Name?
Summer Deep Chill

EKindle wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:27 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:43 pmBy the way, what's the free expansion you mention? Name?
Summer Deep Chill
Thank you. :tu:

Is there still a way to get hold of the legacy Vintage DrumKits expansion?

Return to “Instruments”