Logic Pro Dark mode (like FCP)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion
Ploki
KVRAF
5206 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 pm

Needs LPXColorizer and their crazy hack to work, so its useless without the app...

Work in progress, wonder if i'll ever be able to get enough there to not be worse than stock - unlike most themes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image

Bombadil
KVRAF
7296 posts since 31 Aug, 2013 from Down the Withywindle

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Wonder how I'd feel about that. I thought it was default in 'Dark Mode.' :D
“Always after a defeat and a respite," says Gandalf, "the Shadow takes another shape and grows again."
J.R.R. Tolkien

Ploki
KVRAF

Topic Starter

5206 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:57 pm
Wonder how I'd feel about that. I thought it was default in 'Dark Mode.' :D
Its kinda in between honestly. Not as bright as light mode of macos, not as dark as darkmode and ie fcp/motion/compressor
Image

apoclypse
KVRian
829 posts since 17 Oct, 2018

Post Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 am

At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

Anyway I know it's OT, but it just took my by such surprise yesterday.
Studio One 5.2 // Bitwig 3.3.4 // Logic Pro X 10.6 // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // MPC // Force // Maschine

Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm

apoclypse wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 am
At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

Anyway I know it's OT, but it just took my by such surprise yesterday.
From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

User avatar
pdxindy
KVRAF
20862 posts since 3 Feb, 2005 from in the wilds

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:40 pm

Gadget Fiend wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm
apoclypse wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 am
At the beginning I was going to say who needs this as Logic Pro is already "dark". But then I just got my new M1 MBP and loaded up Logic on it. There is white everywhere, the interface is really light, and I hate the way Logic looks now. I was still using LPX in Catalina so I'm stuck on version 10.6.3. I really don't know why they made it worse than what is was before. The overly rounded icons and corners don't look professional imo and they lightened the interface considerably. I'm not sure what Apple is thinking. I think 10.6.3 was perfect on Catalina in-terms of interface. The new look doesn't add anything at all to the interface.

Anyway I know it's OT, but it just took my by such surprise yesterday.
From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Lots of iOS apps already can run on Mac. It is just a recompile for the developer. For example, Drambo (modular groovebox on iOS) runs in Mac OS now...

Gadget Fiend
Banned
434 posts since 5 Feb, 2012

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:55 pm

pdxindy wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:40 pm
Gadget Fiend wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm
From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Lots of iOS apps already can run on Mac. It is just a recompile for the developer. For example, Drambo (modular groovebox on iOS) runs in Mac OS now...
I'm curious, do these recompiled iOS apps have a menu bar and menus? What about the touch interfaces? Do you manipulate iOS objects onscreen with a mouse? How well does this work compared to the original touch interface?

It seems like to get a real macOS app experience developers will have to do more than just recompile the code.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Ploki
KVRAF

Topic Starter

5206 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:13 am

Gadget Fiend wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:55 pm
pdxindy wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:40 pm
Gadget Fiend wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:33 pm
From what I read, Apple is trying to merge the look and feel of iOS (i.e., iPads) with macOS so that when you can eventually run iOS apps on your Mac, the look and feel of the OS won't seem so foreign. Also, since there are so many more iOS apps than macOS apps, it would seem to make sense to run the iOS apps in an environment (on the Mac) that iOS users are used to.

Of course, this is all speculation. I don't know how solid Apple's plans are for running iOS apps in macOS.
Lots of iOS apps already can run on Mac. It is just a recompile for the developer. For example, Drambo (modular groovebox on iOS) runs in Mac OS now...
I'm curious, do these recompiled iOS apps have a menu bar and menus? What about the touch interfaces? Do you manipulate iOS objects onscreen with a mouse? How well does this work compared to the original touch interface?

It seems like to get a real macOS app experience developers will have to do more than just recompile the code.
i've used a few direct downloads and the experience is okay but hindered. Menubar is generic.

I can't think of any "port" to try out.
Image

WolfKay
KVRist
215 posts since 18 Dec, 2005

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:10 am

Ploki wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 pm
Needs LPXColorizer and their crazy hack to work, so its useless without the app...

Work in progress, wonder if i'll ever be able to get enough there to not be worse than stock - unlike most themes.
Well, I never understood why Apple didn't try to use the same user interface for both LPX and FCPX, or at least share a large amount of basic graphic elements (color codes, icons, tabs, menus, dark UI…).
So I really hope that your efforts on this dark mode using LPX Colorizer will eventually bear fruit, because I miss this kind of design since my early days with Logic.
I humbly use LPX Colorizer as well, only to adapt a few things here and there, so I realize there's a lot of work to be done to get stylish and sleek results.
Good luck for this project, I will definitely keep a close watch on this thread!

Ploki
KVRAF

Topic Starter

5206 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:11 am

Ikr? Compressor and Motion also share the same color scheme, and its so much better. I’d love if logic had a native dark mode equal to fcpx.
Image

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”