Softube Model 72 - Plugin + Modules for Softube Modular and Amp Room

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.softube.com/model-72-synthesizer-system

This sale is ridiculous; definitely the best historical price for Model 72. (And don't forget the 10% Black Week discount code at checkout). :wink:

SonicDimension wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:07 am https://www.softube.com/model-72-synthesizer-system

This sale is ridiculous; definitely the best historical price for Model 72. (And don't forget the 10% Black Week discount code at checkout). :wink:
It is an excellent mini emulation. Sounds like the early oscilator card. I havea mini here and both the early and late osc cards.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's fantastic. And, one thing I found out now, which I didn't find out when I demo'd it back when it was released, it even has velocity modulation for filter envelope etc. :tu:

I've been comparing with Monark a bit yesterday. They definitely sound different. What I find interesting is that Model 72 has some transient clicks which Monark doesn't have, and that the resonance sounds different. I don't remember hearing such a difference between Monark and Diva... they sounded pretty similar (Monark saturated a bit more IIRC). Concerning the clicks, I definitely find that more pleasant in Model 72. I love clicks. :)

I have only discovered Softube in the last year and have been blown away by the sound quality. Being able to integrate the Model 72 into the modular is just great.

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:22 pm I've been comparing with Monark a bit yesterday. They definitely sound different. What I find interesting is that Model 72 has some transient clicks which Monark doesn't have, and that the resonance sounds different. I don't remember hearing such a difference between Monark and Diva... they sounded pretty similar (Monark saturated a bit more IIRC). Concerning the clicks, I definitely find that more pleasant in Model 72. I love clicks. :)
from the online tests i checked synapse and softube are the closest/ best emulation , monark has fm very similar to the real one if i remember

and here synapse vs softube vs moog, all the others one are not in same league , like diva monark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PThspFcvM70&t=1524s

hey. I have a 1976 model D here with the late osc card. I also have the early osc card that can be swapped with the late for a different sound. IMHO the early card sounds better than the later card. Also, IMHO the Softube Model 72 sounds like an early card to me where-as other emulations as mentioned sound like the later card. Regardless IMHO the Softube 72 is the most accurate sounding emulation over-all (where accuracy doesn't necessarily mean better, when compared to other emulations).

Currently for 50 bucks ($ / €) as an easter egg on Softube website. Sounds like a good price to me.

Yes, €/$ 50 is a very good price. Although I must honestly say that I always liked the Synapse better, especially because it is polyphonic. With the Softube, it would of course be interesting to use it as a module in the Softube Modular...

Decent price but I as am a not really interested in the Softube ecosystem (happy with VCV2) and have Legend, Monark and even Berringer D hardware...hate to miss a bargain but have to pass...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

the question i m wondering is how it compare to the uad one? if i m right uad made one , it would be intresting to compare

That is the only one I haven't heard a comparison with, and like you, most curious to hear it.

Rsp
sound sculptist

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:00 pm Decent price but I as am a not really interested in the Softube ecosystem (happy with VCV2) and have Legend, Monark and even Berringer D hardware...hate to miss a bargain but have to pass...
Just wondering: Which one is the closest do the Behringer for you?

Also, if there's another no-brainer sale for the Model 72, it might make sense even just to compare against the others. :D

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:22 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:00 pm Decent price but I as am a not really interested in the Softube ecosystem (happy with VCV2) and have Legend, Monark and even Berringer D hardware...hate to miss a bargain but have to pass...
Just wondering: Which one is the closest do the Behringer for you?

Also, if there's another no-brainer sale for the Model 72, it might make sense even just to compare against the others. :D
I can’t risk buying it, it wouldn’t take much to get me sucked in to what would be another ecosystem of softube modules!

It’s hard to compare the hardware D which lives in my eurorack case, i kinda do different things with it in that context…also it just ends up like a generic hardware vs software comparison and I would be obligated to use words like more dynamic, more three dimensional more unpredictable, less tame and more fun ;-) Ledgend sounds great, is Moog flavoured and has all the advantages of being ITB!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”