Why is FL Studio so popular?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:59 am ...

I also like using Patterns rather than having to use the Playlist while sketching new ideas out. Other DAWs using a strictly 1:1 linear workflow layout feel too limiting to me.

strictly is a bit strong even in Cubase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZgF4iaH5sQ

btw. mixer states are storable ones in both S1, Cubase which is missing from FL
Last edited by xbitz on Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

MrJubbly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:27 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:24 pm Are we allowed to even mention the elephant in the room regarding the "availibility" of FL Studio over the years ?

I always thought that is why it was so popular.
Is there any difference in that regard with any other DAW?

Unless I'm mistaken, FL Studio has been rather less "available" (as you put it) than most other DAWs have been for the past several years. At least, since v20 launched (back in 2018.)
I've no idea tbh, but I remember back in the day many years ago, around FLS 5 , it was everywhere but not legit, and everyone used it, the others weren't so readily availible, some not at all.

That's how most people started, and then still use naughty versions or decided to go legit.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

LeVzi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:48 pm
MrJubbly wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:27 pm
LeVzi wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:24 pm Are we allowed to even mention the elephant in the room regarding the "availibility" of FL Studio over the years ?

I always thought that is why it was so popular.
Is there any difference in that regard with any other DAW?

Unless I'm mistaken, FL Studio has been rather less "available" (as you put it) than most other DAWs have been for the past several years. At least, since v20 launched (back in 2018.)
I've no idea tbh, but I remember back in the day many years ago, around FLS 5 , it was everywhere but not legit, and everyone used it, the others weren't so readily availible, some not at all.

That's how most people started, and then still use naughty versions or decided to go legit.
Correct. Same reason why "free" REAPER has sort of blown up.

In urban areas people are selling illegit copies of Studio One or Pro Tools for $50 on DVD. Tons of people are buying them... Same issue Microsoft had with people illegitimately selling Office VL Keys and Visual Studio Enterprise (basically VL Keys), or the issue with people selling bootlegged DVDs of movies.

I helped my brother set up his home studio and had to replace such copies of Studio One 4 Professional and Pro Tools with Cakewalk by BandLab. He didn't have a problem with that, but this market is so "set" that many people will default to it when starting their music production journey.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Yeah that’s how I found out about Fruityloops (the original name, and what I still call it), and in fact, where I started in amateur music production: a random find back in the Napster days of my youth.

I liked it so much that I have long since bought the full retail version and even upgraded to the All Plugins edition.

It's a pretty widely known fact that FL Studio benefitted heavily by lax anti-p*r*cy earlier on.

If you break down the user demographics of different DAWs, you'll also notice trends there, as well... but that can be a bit of a hot topic so I won't delve ;-)

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

I have used a pirated version of fl studio, in 2004. It was my first "PRO" thing after dance ejay. Then switched to Logic. A couple of years ago, I just wanted to repay for my success in music, which started in FL studio 4, and bought all plugins bundle. Created some tracks just to remind me of how does it work. I still open it just for fun, but can't see what it should become to win me back from Studio one or Bitwig.

hi
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Why is FL Studio so popular? (IN 2021)
It has yet to be sold to Fender, or Gibson, or some other conglomerate...

...knocks on wood

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:19 pm Why is FL Studio so popular? (IN 2021)

...knocks on wood
It already has? They don't mention it, but investors have changed. So has FL's tragectory ever since. It's a multi-million investion. Everyone invested wants their money back
Last edited by sQeetz on Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
void main(dumb)

I thought it was popular because it was the drum machine that grew into a daw
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

On the surface all the staff still acts like they are the "people minded staff"
it's a business
void main(dumb)

Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:19 pmIt has yet to be sold to Fender, or Gibson, or some other conglomerate...
Meaning it has not been sold...

sQeetz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm
Constructed Identity wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:19 pm Why is FL Studio so popular? (IN 2021)

...knocks on wood
It already has? They don't mention it, but investors have changed. So has FL's tragectory ever since. It's a multi-million investion. Everyone invested wants their money back
Who owns it?

andypryce wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:20 am
sQeetz wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:32 pm

...knocks on wood
Who owns it?
Imageline? Waterland in Belgium https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 64&irgwc=1

wuworld wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:21 pm
Who owns it?
[/quote]
Imageline? Waterland in Belgium https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 64&irgwc=1
[/quote]

Thanks

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”