How deep absorber do I need for C0 # (36hz)

...and how to do so...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

I can say that i am pretty happy with how my treatment turned out. Started to really clearly listen the sub on my Gelenec 8030a.

Today I went with a C0 # Bassline and I saw (2 way pun hehe) a little more ringing. Than the neighboring notes.

So I played around with EQ and tried to get the sound pumping as it should (best to my hearing). But I would say that with EQ I got it maybe 40% 50%. The decay time is still there...

I would ask how much depth in a absorber are we looking here in order to effectively absorb 35hz?

I know about the 1/4 rule, so if we say that the length of 35hz is 9.64.m
So that means that I need at least a 2.41m of porous absorption in order to catch it?

I already have bass traps that are 3.27m high from top to bottom, but seems like I need more. Or the Hight does not affect Length modes? I am pretty sure it does.

Also the standing wave of 35hz is strongest in the middle on the Z axis.(Length) Which means this is the first mode of the room length, that is 4.82 m (Room)

Would straddles in all corners be the best thing to do, or other placement on traps may be better? I also know about helmholtz tubes, But also know they are very delicate. And would require a lot of precise work to execute. If anyone has a good thread about diy helmholtz would be nice...

Thanks on your time, :cry: :love: :roll: :clown: :arrow: :help: :help: :borg:

Milan

For such a low frequency a porous absorber isn't very feasible. Resonant absorbers (helmholtz) might work but need to be tuned.
How big is your room? Especially in small rooms dealing with low bass modes is very hard.

An EQ won't treat your room, all you can do with one is remove the frequencies that generate room modes.

Return to “DIY: Build it and they will come”