Studio One users... You staying or going?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:04 am
jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 am Just between you and me, you should really give up public debate. It's not your forte.
Just between you and me, I make $250,000 a year engaging in a much more high minded form of "public debate." So it is in fact my forte.
Of course you do. We can see just how valuable and high minded you are.
Bottom feeder.
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am Rather, it only stands to reason that a guitar manufacturer (Fender) will tailor the features of Studio One to its target audience: technologically unsophisticated guitar players.
That's certainly more likely than that they're going to turn development towards Bitwig or something at least. Studio One seems to be the most outspokenly "guitar-ish" out of all the major DAW:s though (even before Fender entered the picture). Not sure why anyone more focused on electronic music would choose it over the alternatives. Well, Live DOES look like an abandoned apartment complex and Bitwig like a Halloween theme for Live...

jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:08 am Just between you and me, you should really give up public debate. It's not your forte.
jamcat wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:15 am Of course you do. We can see just how valuable and high minded you are.
As far as i can see you haven't argued for anything at all in this thread. Perhaps start there before throwing pies?

Like all modern big companies, Fender has to grow, and they see the acquisition of Presonus as a means to that end. There is only so much stuff you can sell a guitarist, but they have a captive audience who buy into the logo, so why not use that loyalty to sell them stuff. So will they rebrand all the Presonus gear as Fender? "Fender Studio One"? Sounds naff. "Fender Studio" sound better. So would I stay with Fender Studio? Its my favorite DAW , so as long as they do not make radical changes to the software, price or license, I am staying.

https://spotlight.fender.com/newsroom/news/846

"While most guitar and bass players still plug into amplifiers, many also plug their instruments into interfaces, using virtual amps and effects to create their sounds. Players of all levels are spending more time online than ever before and using a variety of products and technologies to learn, practice, jam and perform, record and share. This modern workflow has expanded the traditional signal chain to include capturing and distributing creative content to the world. Fender envisions an ecosystem that seamlessly integrates hardware and software to create an effortless end-to-end experience for customers at all levels in their creative journey, and joining forces with PreSonus makes that possible."

machine_spirit wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:00 am
Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am Rather, it only stands to reason that a guitar manufacturer (Fender) will tailor the features of Studio One to its target audience: technologically unsophisticated guitar players.
That's certainly more likely than that they're going to turn development towards Bitwig or something at least. Studio One seems to be the most outspokenly "guitar-ish" out of all the major DAW:s though (even before Fender entered the picture). Not sure why anyone more focused on electronic music would choose it over the alternatives. Well, Live DOES look like an abandoned apartment complex and Bitwig like a Halloween theme for Live...
Hmm. I think more modern day music producers (edm/hip hop/pop) will jump ship if that they focus only on guitarist primarily. Studio One still to me doesn't have the user base of FL, Ableton or Logic. If you are metal, scoring stuff or just recording instruments I can see those users sticking around. Studio One needs more young users of the future to use S1. Seems like the cool kids are using Live or FL. Producers are the one's selling the products right now.

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 amRather, it only stands to reason that a guitar manufacturer (Fender) will tailor the features of Studio One to its target audience: technologically unsophisticated guitar players. Grow some brain cells, doofus.
It's already there and it's free - Studio One Prime:
https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... -One-Prime

So having that one covered, let them make S1 the best it can be for the rest of us :P
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Gadget Fiend wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:04 am
Just between you and me, I make $250,000 a year engaging in a much more high minded form of "public debate." So it is in fact my forte.
First of all I don’t believe a word of what you are saying. If by some miracle you do actually make six figures engaging in public debate, it would only serve to illustrate why public debate is so shit these days.

Second, you can take your faux elitist musical bigotry elsewhere as far as I’m concerned. Who are you to look down your nose at guitar players? Or anyone?

"it only stands to reason that ..."
Well, honestly that qualifies as very rudimentary reasoning at best, it takes a correlation between a corporate entity and one type of product they manufacture and extrapolates pure supposition out of not more than that correlation. Then it takes a personal assessment that, one supposes, synthesizer operators or aficianadoes enjoy a natural superority of understanding or even intellectual capacity over another type of operator of a musical instrument. Fallacy abounds in this 'stand to reason' gesture.

If i can find another way to have the midi permutation feature of S1 then I will sell my copy of S1

Not sure why anyone more focused on electronic music would choose it over the alternatives. Well, Live DOES look like an abandoned apartment complex and Bitwig like a Halloween theme for Live...
I am "only focused on" electronic music. Studio One is ideal for mixing and mastering ( and soundtrack work).
Ableton is great for generating ideas but not so good for those tasks. These are more than enough for the music that I make.

fairlyclose wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:33 am If i can find another way to have the midi permutation feature of S1 then I will sell my copy of S1
Looks like mulab free does what I want

inkwarp wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:02 am
Not sure why anyone more focused on electronic music would choose it over the alternatives. Well, Live DOES look like an abandoned apartment complex and Bitwig like a Halloween theme for Live...
I am "only focused on" electronic music. Studio One is ideal for mixing and mastering ( and soundtrack work).
Ableton is great for generating ideas but not so good for those tasks. These are more than enough for the music that I make.
Same. Here Timo is using S1 for making Hip Hop Beats, he is literally writing No. 1 Hip-Hop beats in S1 in Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ13ouGkweo

It's a DAW, a tool. They pretty much do 90% the same, apart from session view that things that Ableton can do but S1 not is maybe 10% and vice versa.

I used Live for a while I would say 90% of the time.
But since using S1 I find I use it less and less. There are so many things S1 does that Ableton can't. My workflow is a lot faster. Most importantly for me, it is rock solid. I don't think I've had a crash on it yet. Ableton on the other hand, lots of instability which gets a bit tiresome. I'm learning stuff all the time with S1. Like today I am looking at Macros. ( My biggest criticism of Ableton is the lack of customizability - Is that a word even?. Not even keyboard shortcuts.)...

flori89 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm
Same. Here Timo is using S1 for making Hip Hop Beats, he is literally writing No. 1 Hip-Hop beats in S1 in Germany. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ13ouGkweo

It's a DAW, a tool. They pretty much do 90% the same, apart from session view that things that Ableton can do but S1 not is maybe 10% and vice versa.
You don't need much for hip hop. You can do that in pro tools.

If I said you are blocked, I won't see your posts. Please kindly refrain from quoting or replying to me.
"Notifications for Nothing" are annoying. Blocking me in return is a good way to avoid this.

Trensharo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:20 pm
flori89 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:47 pm

You don't need much for hip hop. You can do that in pro tools.
You can pretty much do any type of music in any DAW, that’s the whole point. As for EDM, every DAW can make a 4/4 kick pattern in some capacity.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”