One Synth Challenge #153: K1v by Nils Schneider (Vovaman wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

markheath wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:27 pm Voted. Really enjoyed this months entries and found myself being a bit more generous with the points than usual. Well done all.

I also made notes on all the tracks, but haven't got round to putting them into soundcloud as I find the unskippable, over-long super-loud adverts to be such an offputting experience that I avoid listening on the main site which it seems you have to be on to add a comment.
Definitely worth trying 'uBlock Origin' browser extension - I've not heard an ad on SoundCloud, or Youtube, or pretty much anywhere since I installed it. It sanitises the internet.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:29 pm
markheath wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:27 pm Voted. Really enjoyed this months entries and found myself being a bit more generous with the points than usual. Well done all.

I also made notes on all the tracks, but haven't got round to putting them into soundcloud as I find the unskippable, over-long super-loud adverts to be such an offputting experience that I avoid listening on the main site which it seems you have to be on to add a comment.
Definitely worth trying 'uBlock Origin' browser extension - I've not heard an ad on SoundCloud, or Youtube, or pretty much anywhere since I installed it. It sanitises the internet.
Same here, 'uBlock Origin' over all.

Voted!

I was really surprised by some of the entries this month and the sounds that they managed to coax out of the K1, way beyond my expectations of what was possible. Best of luck to everyone!

Voted. Great variety of genres this month!

Voted!
I found it a bit more jazzy this time ... and I like that! Lot of cool, interesting tracks, well produced with a limited synth! Good luck to you all.

Btw:
I'm not totally sure: Are tracks within one point-field equally voted? Or ist the topmost "4pt" better than second place "4pt"?

nenneb wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:24 am ...
I'm not totally sure: Are tracks within one point-field equally voted? Or ist the topmost "4pt" better than second place "4pt"?
All equal.
Good thing too, as they never stay in the order they're put in. :cry:

1980-F wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:20 pm
gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:50 pm I'm having a really hard time voting because of how much I dislike the sound of this synth... So far everyone is getting threes...
But I think the E-Drums sound awesome (listen to Davi-DJ's track) and also it has great digital bells (as shown by Sequential-X). I also like the typical string sounds of the Kawai synths. And with the right effect chain you could even get good guitar sounds out of it. Isn't this the "real" challenge, to make something cool sounding out of a maybe not so versatile synth? Effects are always used more or less, but this time we had even drum and guitar sounds out of the box. :wink:
yeah, I found the drums to be too derp to even use. That's really how much I hate this synth. It speaks to the very worst of 80s basic cable jingle production. I do agree that Davi-DJ did a stellar job pulling usable drums out of this thing, and I applaud him.
I'm just finding that the basic character of this synth is making this a very hard comp to vote on.

I agree - we'll wait for his K4! :lol:

Voted!

Voted

Great Tracks everyone!
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

VOTED!

Again a bunch of enjoyable tracks this month ... :clap:

Good luck everybody! :tu:

I voted. And this month did not disappoint me!)

Voted!

It really shouldn't but this month gives me more trouble voting than any other past competition. I am really puzzled and confused on how to cast my votes :-?.

Return to “Instruments”