looking for a curve based multiband compressor/volume shaper

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
pawder
KVRist
30 posts since 11 Jan, 2021

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:05 am

hi guys,
i am looking for a plugin which lets me manipulate the volume of incoming sound based on curves i draw (e.g. 3 different curves for low mid and high frequencies). Volume shaper from cableguys does this, but it works in time intervals only (if I'm not mistaken), depending on the lfo rate. I need it to trigger like an envelope follower. Is there a plugin like that?

Edit: looks like i explained it pretty badly, in my third post down below i try to elaborate what i mean
Last edited by pawder on Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SamDi
KVRist
300 posts since 27 Apr, 2018

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:12 am

I don‘t get it. What shall be the X-axis on which the curve is based then? Time? Frequency? Input volume?
For each there is a good chance, thet Melda has a solution for it…

pawder
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 am

SamDi wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:12 am
I don‘t get it. What shall be the X-axis on which the curve is based then? Time? Frequency? Input volume?
y is input volume and x is time

imrae
KVRAF
1965 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am

What is the audio source? I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I doubt this is the best way of doing it.

Zebrify can probably do something like this with MIDI triggers.

SamDi
KVRist
300 posts since 27 Apr, 2018

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:03 am

pawder wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:23 am
SamDi wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:12 am
y is input volume and x is time
Normally on a 2D-curve x is the input and y is the output, so I still don't get what you mean, when you write that y shall be the input volume?

Nevertheless MRatio from Melda should do the job. You can get it for free, but then without the mighty modulators, which you would need for your job. To unlock them you'd need to upgrade, what is 24€ ATM. But then you have LFO's with free designable shapes, envelope followers, transformations shapes, etc. This should be able to solve your problem, even when I don't understand for 100% what you mean.

pawder
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:42 am

i am talking about a 2d coordinate system where x represents the time and y the volume. Let's consider positive values only and a range of 5, laves me with 1 quadrant in the range of 0-5. If my curve starts at [x=0, y=5] and moves straight to [x=5, y=0] (just a line now, no curve), i expect the volume to start at 100% and drop to 0 in the time between x=0 and x=5.

like in the example below, but here it's a curve and moves from negative to positive volume

pawder
KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:19 am

imrae wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:44 am
What is the audio source? I'm not sure what you're trying to do but I doubt this is the best way of doing it.

Zebrify can probably do something like this with MIDI triggers.
i want to shape a drumloop, i could use a transient shaper or multiband compressor, but drawing in my own curve gives me more options

muki
KVRian
983 posts since 14 Jul, 2018

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:41 am

have a look at devious machines "duck"

https://deviousmachines.com/duck/

basically it's a duck/gate but actually might fit you description...

tal filter is similar
can do volume modulation and is freeware
https://tal-software.com/products/tal-filter

Return to “Effects”