ReFx Nexus 3 (N3) Finally here!

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
User avatar
willstuder
KVRer
9 posts since 26 Dec, 2020

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:29 am

@msvs
The "Nexus4 Bundle Latest 10 XPs special upgrade" doesn't see that I already own some of the latest 10 XPs (yes, I'm logged in). Not in the shopping cart and not during checkout. Is there a replacement for the ones out already own or does it move automatically further (back) to the last expansions (you do not own) after checkout?

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
2116 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:33 am

in this case you should contact support
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
2116 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:55 am

http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12821 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 am

X86 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:23 am
You need to pay the upgrade fee to nexus 4 (even though nexus 3 just came out not long ago) for the privilege to purchase that expansion as well as the EDM 7 and all new expansions going forward.
How much is the upgrade fee? As a Nexus 2 owner, it is charging me full price.

m-ac
KVRian
738 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:08 am

Uncle E wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 am
X86 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:23 am
You need to pay the upgrade fee to nexus 4 (even though nexus 3 just came out not long ago) for the privilege to purchase that expansion as well as the EDM 7 and all new expansions going forward.
How much is the upgrade fee? As a Nexus 2 owner, it is charging me full price.
Just part of your soul and dignity.

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12821 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am

m-ac wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:08 am
Just part of your soul and dignity.
LOL

Listening to the new expansions, I think you’re right. Time for me to get off this train and call it a loss. Can expansions be re-sold?

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4567 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am

Uncle E wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 am
m-ac wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:08 am
Just part of your soul and dignity.
Can expansions be re-sold?
Unfortunately, no. Just confirmed with support that expansions are included when transferring a Nexus license. As per them it is "illegal" if anyone tries to sell only expansions.

What's your upgrade price from Nexus2?

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
12821 posts since 22 Nov, 2000 from Southern California

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:48 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am
Unfortunately, no. Just confirmed with support that expansions are included when transferring a Nexus license. As per them it is "illegal" if anyone tries to sell only expansions.

What's your upgrade price from Nexus2?
Thanks! It's OK, I'll just sell it all together. I'm sure I'll get pennies on the dollar, c'est la vie.

The Upgrade price I'm seeing is $249.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4567 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm

Uncle E wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:48 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am
Unfortunately, no. Just confirmed with support that expansions are included when transferring a Nexus license. As per them it is "illegal" if anyone tries to sell only expansions.

What's your upgrade price from Nexus2?
Thanks! It's OK, I'll just sell it all together. I'm sure I'll get pennies on the dollar, c'est la vie.

The Upgrade price I'm seeing is $249.
Welcome. I know, it sucks. :(

Damn, ridiculous upgrade price. $149 from N2 to N4 would be more reasonable considering they have $99 from N3 to N4. Anyway, don't think they will listen to anyone.

X86
KVRist
125 posts since 22 Aug, 2019

Post Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:22 pm

LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm
Uncle E wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:48 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am
Unfortunately, no. Just confirmed with support that expansions are included when transferring a Nexus license. As per them it is "illegal" if anyone tries to sell only expansions.

What's your upgrade price from Nexus2?
Thanks! It's OK, I'll just sell it all together. I'm sure I'll get pennies on the dollar, c'est la vie.

The Upgrade price I'm seeing is $249.
Welcome. I know, it sucks. :(

Damn, ridiculous upgrade price. $149 from N2 to N4 would be more reasonable considering they have $99 from N3 to N4. Anyway, don't think they will listen to anyone.
Considering N3 is only like a year old a 49 dollar fee from N3 to N4 sounds proper. 99 bucks is just too much for such a very very very incremental upgrade and paywall roadblock to new expansions.
Last edited by X86 on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LoveEnigma18
KVRAF
4567 posts since 12 Jan, 2018

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:34 am

Yim wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:25 am
msvs wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:29 am
https://youtu.be/hoBSm-dLyts
Get ready to explore another world!

Studio Production 1 can take you anywhere you want to go sonically. With scene-setting synths, inventive drums, whimsical samples, and playful instruments from around the globe, this expansion will set the stage for any production.

Welcome to your new musical Swiss army knife for any and all studio productions!
This is a really good expansion, more these please! Versatile, inspiring and not just limited to one genre. Kind of like the ROM Extensions.
This and Guitars are the best expansions IMO for those that are not into EDM/trance/techno/etc (typical Nexus stuff) but still want to use Nexus in their productions. There are few more expansions which although older are still great for non-EDM usage. I wish there were more such expansions for Nexus and reFX should explore such opportunities to attract non-EDM customers too. I think the upcoming Vintage Synths expansion could be the next in this league.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
2116 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:50 am

http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

User avatar
JonSolo
KVRAF
2726 posts since 13 Apr, 2008 from Charleston, SC

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am

Will these work in Nexus 3? (I assume so, since this is a Nexus 3 thread.)

User avatar
DanielPL
KVRist
122 posts since 30 Apr, 2020 from the underground

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:46 am

JonSolo wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am
Will these work in Nexus 3? (I assume so, since this is a Nexus 3 thread.)
Sadly no. If they wouldn't charge EUR99 for the Nexus refresh... I'd bite.

User avatar
msvs
KVRAF
2116 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Post Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 am

these and all future expansions will be N4 only of course
http://www.vengeance-sound.com
join our VPS AVENGER usergroup on FB: https://tinyurl.com/y99jurk9
join our reFX NEXUS usergroup on FB:https://tinyurl.com/tc5o9x7

Return to “Instruments”