Survey: How Key Signatures Affects Happiness in Ages 19-60

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like Open D (DADF#AD), but I like Dm too (DADFAD)...either with a capo and go to Eb it's SRV (though I often tune that cheapy ibby Ash got me that I put duncans in to Eb)...that line of tunings is really fun for me to riff on, I get why SRV liked it (also it seems Alvin Lee might be a fan of open D as well)...I did the song on the Katrina CD we did in Dm, that was all clean, not OD or fuzz...from my dad's poem...he supplied the emotional influence, I just made a dads day present of it...it was still too heavy for my mom, it had drums :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

i remember it :tu:
been a while since i listened, a few years now, but i still have my copy 8)

i like ostrich d, (ddddddd) stolen from lou reed :hihi:
but dont do much alternate tunings really, hard enough remembering where my fingers go in standard :lol:

that was like 15 years ago...what a time, there were some epic HPC meltdowns :scared:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

the good old days, when outdoors was fine :lol:

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:54 pm the good old days, when outdoors was fine :lol:
I have two or three of the cds, my mom had one, my dad did...one is unopened (I think my mothers).

we did a good thing, maybe a tiny help, but a help.
for the indonesian tsunami too.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:02 pm we did a good thing, maybe a tiny help, but a help.
for the indonesian tsunami too.
and haiti...I wasnt on the tsunami one but I was on the haiti one...and yes we did good...you know what else, my dad was still alive then and we had never shared my music like this :)

awesome :tu:

my mum still has no clue what i do when im alone :lol:
ive told her, but she still asks every day "what are you doing? watching tv?"
no mother, same thing ive done for the past 25 years when you have asked :lol:

jancivil wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:05 am odd goalpost for happiness. EG: signature of one flat is F major or D minor, two different keys and one supposes moods.
the latter of which is known to be the saddest key.

anyway apparently I'm too old for this stuff

You might want to look into a poet called Schubart, a contemporary of Beethoven, who wrote up this whole list of keys and their special qualities, and moods and mystical aspects.
I believe the tunings that they used back then were different, so the sounds and qualities of the keys that Schubart wrote about might also be different from what we normally hear today.

that's true, actually, the things that aren't C major oriented tend to be rather more pungent.
But here's a lot of poetic license. Amusing, but quaint.

And what about rhythm? Dm Samba is not like Dm Russian waltz.

vurt wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:55 pm
jancivil wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:44 pm the age limit strikes me as funny in context (an inchoate af notion). It's like at age 61 it dawns on one that maybe D minor is NOT the saddest key...
youve seen some shit by the time you are 61, you realise all keys are sad, everything is sad. :cry:
and im not even 50 :cry:
Good God you guys. I feel the same as you and I am 40. Seriously, wtf is going on with this "existence" thing.

Ah, psychology ... the "center."

Return to “Music Theory”