Arturia V8 Collection or Syntronik 2 Max?

VST, AU, AAX, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion
dellboy
KVRAF
1842 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:02 pm

seismicfm wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:33 am
After avoiding Arturia for years since I'm a U-he fanboy, I finally demod most of their synths and I'm kind of blown away by the quality. I was expecting mid 2000s rob papen soft synth quality, but some of the synths like SEM and Modular sound amazing. I'm not sure how accurate they are to the hardware. They do have good low end, don't sound too thin and fit in a mix pretty well.
I have a hardware Juno 6 and when I am bored I play match the Arturia sliders to my Juno, and the resulting sound is pretty near identical. Sometimes the sliders don't match exactly and need a bit of tweaking,but they are always pretty close.The hardware Juno maybe has that certain something extra, but the results are still pretty amazing.

Zipede
KVRist
224 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:31 pm

ramseysounds wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:03 pm
Why does something have to be better than something else? It’s all in the eye / ear of the user. If one or other works for you then go for it. It’s all subjective until someone ultimately defines ‘best’
🤷‍♂️
This is KVR, each persons preference is also the best for everyone else :ud:

Synthack
KVRist
324 posts since 4 Dec, 2021

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:45 pm

Well I ended up buying the V collection 8 and even though I suggested Diva and Tal-Sampler I can say now that the V-collection is totally worth it.

Get it if you can. Maybe get Diva and Tal-sampler as well.
Do you have them all yet?

Return to “Instruments”